Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Michael2000

Drives: .
Things I hope GM improves on the Gen 6 Camaro

There a few things on the Camaro I would like to see improved for the sixth generation.

1) Move the darn Tach and Speedo down two inches so we can see them, and not have them blocked by the steering wheel. I can't believe this got put into production this way.

2) Put calibration on the temp gauge - C and H just don't cut it.

3) Move the other four 2LT gauges up where they can be seen.

4) Increase the size of the tach on the HUD so it's useful, and put more graduations in it than 250 rpm. Have an expanded high RPM scale option for performance use.

5) Make lumbar support standard equipment. I would consider this in the same class of adjustments as recline. Everyone's back is different, and has different curvature. Even pickups have this now.

6) Have the Driver Information Center dim with the rest of the guages.

7) Have independent user adjustable day and night brightness for the HUD, and make sure it dims down more at night. It's too bright for dark roads. I end up having to turn it off at night.

8) Improve the trip computer (similar to what Ford did with the Mustang), where you have fuel economy, gallons used, time, distance, average speed.

9) Driver Information Center should have digital readouts for all the analog guages, such as volts, trans temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temperature. In fact, there is probably room to put all of them on one screen. I don't see the point in cycling through, just to see one value at a time.

10) Backup camera should have guide lines. It should also have better low light performance (I've seen a lot better).

11) Mode to turn off radio display on HUD. I don't need to see this when I am trying to watch the tachometer for shifting.

12) Design a clutch that doesn't have effort DROP as it nears the floor. This drives me crazy.

13) Put some more body structure in the car, to get rid of the shake on some freeways and roads.

14) HID or LED headlights standard, ala Mustang.

15) Shoot for a 50/50 weight distribution.

16) Have the HVAC buttons show English words on the MyLink display rather than just the same unintelligible icons.

17) Cut the road noise, so the Bluetooth actually works. Add noise cancellation.

18) Put covers over the visor mirrors to cut distractions when driving.

19) On the radio, move the Source button further away from the volume control. It's too easy to accidentely change sources.

20) Have a blacked out interior option that removes all glaring silver and chrome pieces.

21) Defeatable Hill Start Assist - defeat through menus so it is permanently off. This is driving everyone crazy.

22) LT1 Direct Injected Engine.

23) 7 Speed Manaul.

Most of this would cost GM very little money, and some would have no production cost at all (just some software updates). The Camaro is a great car, but it is rough around the edges in some areas. Add your own suggestions below.

Michael

Last edited by Michael2000; 05-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
21: Add splash guards front standard and optional rear from the dealer! Color matched too!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Cup holders should be set back or moved to a different location so you can shift and have a drink in the holder

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Stevew
Stevew

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS and 2012 Corvette
I could live without any of the changes mentioned, but would love two more inches of head room.
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
Cup holders should be set back or moved to a different location so you can shift and have a drink in the holder
-Not a bad cup holder position, they just need lowered quite a bit
-Middle arm rest need to be forward more so you can actually use it.....hurts my dam elbow on the plastic
-Bluetooth should be able to play videos on the MyLink screen
-should be able to customize start-up and background screens
-slightly lower stock ride height
-250-300lb weight reduction
-slightly improve drivers visibility
-slightly larger trunk opening
-direct injection
-high output V6 turbo option
-interior textures- nix the pathetic plastic
-touch dual climate controls
Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
-Not a bad cup holder position, they just need lowered quite a bit
-Middle arm rest need to be forward more so you can actually use it.....hurts my dam elbow on the plastic
-Bluetooth should be able to play videos on the MyLink screen
-should be able to customize start-up and background screens
-slightly lower stock ride height
-250-300lb weight reduction
-slightly improve drivers visibility
-slightly larger trunk opening
-direct injection
-high output V6 turbo option
-interior textures- nix the pathetic plastic
-touch dual climate controls
That's a lot of weight especially when asking for better grade plastic and my caddy has touch climate... All I have to say is NO THANK YOU LOL hate it, it's always a bunch of guess work for some reason.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
That's a lot of weight especially when asking for better grade plastic and my caddy has touch climate... All I have to say is NO THANK YOU LOL hate it, it's always a bunch of guess work for some reason.
You own a Camaro AND a Caddy, you are hereby NOT allowed to complain. LOL

250-300lbs is not a lot IMO, not for a ~3,900lb car
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
slightly improve drivers visibility
Ditto. Minus the "slightly" part.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
I could live without any of the changes mentioned, but would love two more inches of head room.
I don't understand why everyone complains about head room. My coworker is 6 foot 7 and drives a 2LT, he has plenty of room above his head. Do the seats in the lower models not adjust up and down?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
That's what SHE said.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
There a few things on the Camaro I would like to see improved for the sixth generation.

1) Move the darn Tach and Speedo down two inches so we can see them, and not have them blocked by the steering wheel. I can't believe this got put into production this way.

2) Put calibration on the temp gauge - C and H just don't cut it.

3) Move the other four 2LT gauges up where they can be seen.

4) Increase the size of the tach on the HUD so it's useful, and put more graduations in it than 250 rpm. Have an expanded high RPM scale option for performance use.

5) Make lumbar support standard equipment. I would consider this in the same class of adjustments as recline. Everyone's back is different, and has different curvature. Even pickups have this now.

6) Have the Driver Information Center dim with the rest of the guages.

7) Have independent user adjustable day and night brightness for the HUD, and make sure it dims down more at night. It's too bright for dark roads. I end up having to turn it off at night.

8) Improve the trip computer (similar to what Ford did with the Mustang), where you have fuel economy, gallons used, time, distance, average speed.

9) Driver Information Center should have digital readouts for all the analog guages, such as volts, trans temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temperature. In fact, there is probably room to put all of them on one screen. I don't see the point in cycling through, just to see one value at a time.

10) Backup camera should have guide lines. It should also have better low light performance (I've seen a lot better).

11) Mode to turn off radio display on HUD. I don't need to see this when I am trying to watch the tachometer for shifting.

12) Design a clutch that doesn't have effort DROP as it nears the floor. This drives me crazy.

13) Put some more body structure in the car, to get rid of the shake on some freeways and roads.

14) HID or LED headlights standard, ala Mustang.

15) Shoot for a 50/50 weight distribution.

16) Have the HVAC buttons show English words on the MyLink display rather than just the same unintelligible icons.

17) Cut the road noise, so the Bluetooth actually works. Add noise cancellation.

18) Put covers over the visor mirrors to cut distractions when driving.

19) On the radio, move the Source button further away from the volume control. It's too easy to accidentely change sources.

20) Have a blacked out interior option that removes all glaring silver and chrome pieces.

Most of this would cost GM very little money, and some would have no production cost at all (just some software updates). The Camaro is a great car, but it is rough around the edges in some areas. Add your own suggestions below.

Michael
Just curious, but are those really your top things?

If so, sounds to me like you want a car with a better feature to performance ratio, so to speak. In which case, maybe you want something more luxurious?

Yeah, I'd like to see more features too, such as more information in the DIC, and a better more colorful screen.

But at the top of my list are performance oriented things, like less weight. Hopefully moving to Alpha will shed the 300 or so lbs we are all hoping for.

Also I'd look to ask for a few more HP/TQ from both the V6 and V8, although if the weight is lost, gaining power isn't such a big issue.

Get us a seven or eight speed auto for better mpg, and better performance. Make the transmission "smart" and give it regular mode, sport and manual like we currently have. I'd have to lose the manual mode. By smart, I mean, maybe have it do things like lock out 6 - 8th gears when in sport mode or something like that. Not sure if that is a good idea or not, but just my .02.

Keep the modern muscle car theme going. Keep the wide rear shoulders. Above ALL else the new design has to be a homerun like the 5th gen is.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I don't understand why everyone complains about head room. My coworker is 6 foot 7 and drives a 2LT, he has plenty of room above his head. Do the seats in the lower models not adjust up and down?
I'm 6'2 with the seats as low as they can go with a Sunroof and I can't even wear hats because they hit the top. So your friend whom is 6'7 has hit his head a few times he's just not telling you unless all his height is his legs and not waist high.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I call BS on this! I love my Camaro, but I am 6 feet 2 inches and don't have more than 2" maybe above my head. I guess I can have a lot more head room if I completely recline the seat..........just sayin
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #14
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just curious, but are those really your top things?

If so, sounds to me like you want a car with a better feature to performance ratio, so to speak. In which case, maybe you want something more luxurious?

Yeah, I'd like to see more features too, such as more information in the DIC, and a better more colorful screen.

But at the top of my list are performance oriented things, like less weight. Hopefully moving to Alpha will shed the 300 or so lbs we are all hoping for.

Also I'd look to ask for a few more HP/TQ from both the V6 and V8, although if the weight is lost, gaining power isn't such a big issue.

Get us a seven or eight speed auto for better mpg, and better performance. Make the transmission "smart" and give it regular mode, sport and manual like we currently have. I'd have to lose the manual mode. By smart, I mean, maybe have it do things like lock out 6 - 8th gears when in sport mode or something like that. Not sure if that is a good idea or not, but just my .02.

Keep the modern muscle car theme going. Keep the wide rear shoulders. Above ALL else the new design has to be a homerun like the 5th gen is.
Good points! I've heard that the 6th Gen Camaro will be built on the ATS chassis, so I assume it will be lighter. I was mainly focused on the details that the Camaro team missed that should be fixed, and other features that would make the car more up to date.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation