Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Not sure I trust Borla anymore

Im really disappointed with the issues with the NPP valves, I almost bought the first 3" zl1 exhaust and waited for two months, than they pulled it. I decided to order regular 2.75 and its been sitting for 3 months they blamed GMs valves but they are still a month out from shipping there own valves.... anyone else unsure about the new ATAK and Stype? NPP ... CEL etc? and how there valves will hold up I would hate to be the first guinea pig to test them out.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
Ian@Borla

Drives: Borla
First of all, sorry for the long wait. Unfortunately, we did have some issues with the valves. We are working on the valves to make sure that when we release them they are functioning properly with no problems. We do have orders backed up for both new orders and warranties. Again, I apologize to anyone else who has had to wait.

Last edited by Ian@Borla; 10-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Ian@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I will order one as soon as the problems are ironed out and they are offered with the carbon tips (Zl1).

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian@Borla View Post
First of all, sorry for the long wait. Unfortunately, we did have some issues with the valves. We are working on the valves to make sure that when we release them they are functioning properly with no problems. We do have orders backed up for both new orders and warranties. Again, I apologize to anyone else who has had to wait.
Dave, whats going on with the carbon fiber tip exhausts? Seems just about everyone is out of them and people have been waiting months and months to get them.
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Clin5910

Drives: 2016 2ss, whipple supercharged
The exhaust prices are out of control. Some people claim r&d, some people claim that prices are so high because "you get what you pay for" but yet here is on of the most expensive company's out there with a poorly built product. Sorry David for bashing your company but you charge thousands of dollars for a few hundred dollars worh of piping and the quality doesn't back it up. So.....��
Clin5910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #6
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clin5910 View Post
The exhaust prices are out of control. Some people claim r&d, some people claim that prices are so high because "you get what you pay for" but yet here is on of the most expensive company's out there with a poorly built product. Sorry David for bashing your company but you charge thousands of dollars for a few hundred dollars worh of piping and the quality doesn't back it up. So.....��
Well, no one is forcing you to buy their products and the market will dictate what they can charge. If they are overcharging, their sales will reflect that and competitors will take their business as customers seek similar quality products at lower prices.

But I've always been of the mindset that you get what you paid for. If its quality built and designed then its worth the premium you pay. I've bought plenty of crap in my past, only to abandon it and buy what i should have bought in the first place. To each their own
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighunter View Post
Dave, whats going on with the carbon fiber tip exhausts? Seems just about everyone is out of them and people have been waiting months and months to get them.
They will all be shipped over the next few weeks. We weren't expecting the demand for CF tips to be as high as it is so it's taken us some time to catch up. If you have Borla parts on order and have a specific question about your order please send me an email at davidb@borla.com and I'll give you an update. Thanks for your patience.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Been rocking my Non-NPP Atak Quad CF Tips for a few months now, nothing but good things to say about them. Can't speak to the valves but the sound is perfect, no drone when cruising either.
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #9
HyperJake

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 3.6L 2LT
I don't mean to hijack the thread by any means but... I was told today you cannot have the black tips on the Atak system... I dont know how they mount up... or maybe it makes a difference that I have a 3.6L and not an SS..? I'm also planning to convert from duals to quad tips without the NPP valves...

I really want the black tips so if anyone can help me out please do!
HyperJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #10
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
These aftermarket exhaust systems are WAY overpriced
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #11
aauno

Drives: Camaro - All Black Convertible
Have you looked at MRT Performance in Plymouth MI? I have a 2017 2SS Droptop and MRT designed a 3in Cat back exhaust with black tips that is sweet. Give them a call. They might be the only vendor with a catback system for a 6th gen convertible.
aauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #12
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
too overpriced or I would have bought one.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #13
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
I stopped trusting Borla when I saw the prices of their exhaust systems for the 6th Gen, absolutely abysmal.

760RWHP Magnuson 1SS
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #14
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
MBRP FTW lol.