Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
brake light sync

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I get a chance to look at my car from a reflection while in the car I kinda stare at it.....

Anyways, the other day while in traffic there was a truck that rolled up behind me, and I can see my taillights off the chrome. As traffic was crawling along I was looking at the rear end via the mirror and noticed my 3rd brake light goes off ever so slightly before the other 2.

I'm confident it wasn't happening with the stock light and is now happening since I put the ZL1 brake light in, is there a relay or anything that can be tweaked? or is it a 1st world problem?

My little bit of oCd is kicking
Old 10-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
The 3rd brake light comes on before the others. It's normal.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The 3rd brake light comes on before the others. It's normal.
Mine go on "apply" simultaneously which is normal, but I'm talking about when I take my foot off the brake, which there is a delay or advance in the light going off.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #4
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrakcer View Post
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I get a chance to look at my car from a reflection while in the car I kinda stare at it.....

Anyways, the other day while in traffic there was a truck that rolled up behind me, and I can see my taillights off the chrome. As traffic was crawling along I was looking at the rear end via the mirror and noticed my 3rd brake light goes off ever so slightly before the other 2.

I'm confident it wasn't happening with the stock light and is now happening since I put the ZL1 brake light in, is there a relay or anything that can be tweaked? or is it a 1st world problem?

My little bit of oCd is kicking
The HMTBL is LED and the standard brake lights are incandescent bulbs. All three get the 12v current delivered to them at the exact same time when you hit the brake, but LEDs do not require time to ramp up or down when voltage is applied to them like filaments do. Filaments will gradually get brighter to peak brightness when voltage is applied, then gradually burn out when voltage is removed. LEDs react instantly. So you’re seeing the time delay difference in the two.

Incandescents = analog, vacuum tubes

LEDs = digital, microchips
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote