Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 07-25-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
DSC sport Controller

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.dscsport.com/product/v2-c...bc62-359946689

Just looking to upgrade my 1LE and this may be a good route to go.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Would like to know more about this product too. Does it work on the 2017, SS and 1LE mag ride or just 1LE, what is it doing with steering angle and brake pressure, etc.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
Paully104
Novice Driver

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver
Just bought it, will have a review in by a week by now for daily driving and spirited.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully104 View Post
Just bought it, will have a review in by a week by now for daily driving and spirited.
I'm really looking forward to your review. I'm not sure anyone has done this yet on our car here and I've been waiting to see what kind of gains on track their might be, especially with non-OEM springs.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I'm really looking forward to your review. I'm not sure anyone has done this yet on our car here and I've been waiting to see what kind of gains on track their might be, especially with non-OEM springs.
I'm looking forward to an in-car review as well. I posted over in the 1LE forums, and on that package I don't see much to be gained.

For the SS, however, I bet there's some increased compression damping that can net a noticeable difference. My 1SS had more body pitch/roll on the track than I wanted, even in track mode. My only concern would be potentially damaging the dampers by making them react too much of the load instead of using stiffer springs/bushings to reduce body roll. At the very least, I'd think there'd maybe be some risk of voiding the warranty and failing them prematurely depending on how far they're pushed.

With the 1LE suspension kit being available for about the same price that also doesn't risk overloading/breaking your dampers for the same level of performance gain, I still question whether or not this controller is the best route to go for the price.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #6
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
What I would like to see is for someone to offer tuning of the OEM BCM without have to fork up $1400.

Send in your BCM, have it adjusted and send it back; that's what I want.

And BTW, HPtuners doesn't work on the BCM.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #7
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
This was discussed a while back, not sure if any of the posters ever pulled the trigger:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459979
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
Atomic Ed

I spent some time last night reading up on this controller and I must admit, it's way above my pay grade on what it brings to the party. But I do recognize now that it is much more than a simple, programmable OEM type BCM controller.

I would consider getting one to supplement my FE4 suspension kit, but I wouldn't have a clue on how to use this controller properly. Lots going on inside that black box.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #9
Paully104
Novice Driver

Mine just arrived today, excited to try it out after work.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully104 View Post
Mine just arrived today, excited to try it out after work.
Looking forward to your review!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:01 PM   #11
Paully104
Novice Driver

I'll have to work on writing a formal review but so far I have had a good deal of fun with the controller its made a noticeable improvement.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #12
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
The V2 Controller serves as an intro package to the DSC Sport system and is perfect for daily drivers and the occasional DE events.
Their description kind of makes it sound more for daily driving suspension modulation, as they indicate "occasional DE events". I wonder what they consider occasional and what sort of a difference can you expect on the track vs the street?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #13
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
This was discussed a while back, not sure if any of the posters ever pulled the trigger:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459979
Not I, the promised Feb. release came and went, then months passed, and now I'm in watch and wait mode for others to review it first.

AND the price has increased.

Replacing the factory shock controller, the DSC Sport V2 is a state-of-the-art user definable suspension controller that fully interfaces with the factory dash display and controls. The V2 Controller features velocity calculations as well as brake pressure, g-force, acceleration, speed (mph), and full individual shock calibration tables. Digitally tune the chassis just as you would the engine! Tune more grip into the tire, while tuning a more compliant ride for the street. The DSC Sport V2 Controller is equally at home as a daily driver or full-time track setup.

Not sure what exactly "fully interfaces" means. The instructions show only the physical installation in the trunk. There are no cal files or setup notes on the website...

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:33 PM   #14
Atomic Ed

Couldn't sleep last night and read about this controller until my eyes bled. Here is a small tutorial over on the corvette forum on the basics of the operations:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tutorial.html

And here is a whopping 40 page thread on a lot of observations:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ervations.html

From what I gather from my amateurish viewpoint, this controller uses a lot more input from the Can bus than the OEM controller and allows a much more active and larger range of control. For instance, it can be used during launching to soften up the rear shocks and allow more weight transfer and then transitioning back as the speed picks up.

The corvette guys seem to be turning in better lap times also. Some are allowing a better weight shifting during deceleration so the back brakes pickup some of the braking load.

I also see that you can tune the touring ride for a more plush ride, but still maintain compliance with the road surface.

I think its worth a try. Probably will be my next upgrade.

Last edited by Atomic Ed; 07-30-2017 at 06:23 PM.