Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #71
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Quick question does spotify show up on top of waze on android auto like it does on the normal app on your phone or do you have to switch apps? A little disappointed about not showing turns on the HUD but meh non issue. Also does anyone know if YAV1 shows up on android auto? This one will really disappoint me.....
Yes it will function with Waze like it does with Google Maps. When a song changes you will see the popup.

No Yav1 is not supported from the list I saw. You need to email them and ask them to get the app certified for AA.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #72
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Sh*t I'm pretty sure the guy who was developing YAV1 quit and I'm not sure anyone picked up the mantel. More and more I read about the nav/AA the happier I am that I got the note 8 for the big screen and will prob end up using that instead of AA. Disappointing but at least I'll save money on the nav.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #73
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Does waze still display cops on the map inside the car like the app on the phone?
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #74
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Does waze still display cops on the map inside the car like the app on the phone?
Yes. The car screen displays what would have been on the phone screen.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #75
Emoto
Sure, why not?

So here's my random WAZE question:

Am headed to work with Waze on the screen and "work as my destination. Starts off fine with the purple route line showing on the Waze roadmap and the little box toward the left that says what the next turn is and the distance to it (let's call this the "turn box"). I will get the warnings about police ahead etc. All good.

Then, I get a phone call or whatever and that comes up on the screen. I take the call and when I hang up it goes back to the Waze screen, except I get basically a blank screen except the "turn box" IS there. No roads show and no purple route line.

How do I get the map and route line back when this happens?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #76
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
So here's my random WAZE question:

Am headed to work with Waze on the screen and "work as my destination. Starts off fine with the purple route line showing on the Waze roadmap and the little box toward the left that says what the next turn is and the distance to it (let's call this the "turn box"). I will get the warnings about police ahead etc. All good.

Then, I get a phone call or whatever and that comes up on the screen. I take the call and when I hang up it goes back to the Waze screen, except I get basically a blank screen except the "turn box" IS there. No roads show and no purple route line.

How do I get the map and route line back when this happens?
This was happening to me for awhile. Try checking your Waze settings and make sure you uncheck the “Keep Waze on Top” setting. Not sure if this is the fix, but it seems to have worked for me. My theory is that, if Android Auto is trying to honor that setting, it’s bringing Waze up on my phone after the call initiates—not on the MyLink screen. So Waze will display the route correctly either on the phone or on the infotainment screen, but not both.

Also, restart your phone and shut down all apps that might be open in the background.

Let us know if this works for you!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #77
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Good info, thanks guys!
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #78
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
You could also just try planning your route over. I personally don't have thos happen. As i talk waze is still announcing things through my speakers as they occur
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #79
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
This was happening to me for awhile. Try checking your Waze settings and make sure you uncheck the “Keep Waze on Top” setting. Not sure if this is the fix, but it seems to have worked for me. My theory is that, if Android Auto is trying to honor that setting, it’s bringing Waze up on my phone after the call initiates—not on the MyLink screen. So Waze will display the route correctly either on the phone or on the infotainment screen, but not both.

Also, restart your phone and shut down all apps that might be open in the background.

Let us know if this works for you!
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
You could also just try planning your route over. I personally don't have thos happen. As i talk waze is still announcing things through my speakers as they occur
Yeah, I've tried stopping navigating and starting again, and going to "routes" and choosing, but it seems to go right back to the same mostly blank screen.

I will post back on what works, once I am sure.