Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-26-2018, 06:34 AM   #127
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
When I had mine, I know it was very finicky in regards to tube placement, a small amount of turning makes a big difference. It does sit on the washer bottle. Take extra time in lining up the tube, make sure tube is fully seated etc. Good Luck!
Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #128
vararam industries

Drives: 2014 C7
The unit sits "into" the matching contoured section of the water bottle.
The hose coming off at the Throttle body connection would be very unusual.
That section of the tube has a raised edge, plus that hose is so tight on the tube it almost doesn't need a clamp at all.

Give me a call on our tech line so I can check to see what you have going on. 832-701-7700

VR Tech
vararam industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #129
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan

Just installed mine last night. It sticks up enough that it holds the hood up about 3/32". Can the bottom of the bottle be trimmed to allow it to sit lower?

Also not a big fan of the contact between the washer bottle and the A/C hard line.
CrimsonHowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #130
vararam industries

EASY fix .
There is a BLK rubber plug on the frame rail under the VR water bottle/wing . Remove it from the frame ( it pulls out) and the bottle will lower by 1/2 an inch to sit flush with the frame rail as it should.

Just as an FYI double check ,make sure your not riding up on any of the metal lines on the frame .

If you run into anything else just give me a call 832-701-7700. Number is almost 24 hr, so as late as you need.

VR tech
Old 04-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #131
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
I had already pulled the rubber plug and it wasn't sitting up on any lines. I did remove the washers from the machine screws that hold the air box together. That gave me about 1/16th and the hood is tolerable.

The first run with resetting the ecm the car was a pig. I ended up resetting it again and it was much better. I did lose some throttle response and power from 2k-3k rpm but picked up a ton from 3k up.
CrimsonHowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #132
vararam industries

The bottom will pick up ,give the ECU time to learn . It takes about 32-75 miles as a min for the ECM to learn. If you jump on it to soon it will go pig fat rich and pull some timing out.

That unit is designed to Maximize your Torque and Power under the curve by Accelerating the airflow beyond 100% VE at a specific RPM point in the cylinder heads flow. The front scoop alone increases flow into the filter by another 5% just sitting on a dyno. The DRX is far more advanced than most realize. Its not a conventional intake system. Its Venturi systems and MAF placement are designed to skate around the NHRA DR crate motor rule book and that is does very well.
That means give the ECM its time to learn because "This ain't no Cone and Pipe!"
Also ,you can loosen the VR rear water bottle bracket to free up some additional adjustment if needed.

VR tech