Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #85
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Really?? I didn't know that... and you're right, it's dumb. Why limit yourself when other designs might better lend themselves to an individual car style? Oh well... anyways I'll work on a 5 spoke version then.
I didn't say anything about the wheels because I just figured it was some general wheel you just threw on the car and it wasn't important in the overal design.

That said, we all know what the right set of wheels can do to completely change the look of the car.

If you want to place a good looking GM wheel on that rendering here is my recommendation. Photoshop some silver 10 spoke ZL1 wheels (SSX style) on there or throw the 2013 new style SS 20" wheels on there. No need to come up with a completely new 5 spoke design....I don't think its imporant enough to warrant stressing over a wheel design for this task.

Just my .02!

I for one have always loved a good 5 spoke wheel (or dual 5 spoke) and always will! I'm glad GM likes to use them!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #86
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
[QUOTE=Doc;6863459]Here ya go. Circle turn signals in front and the lower grill area is wider and a bit taller.
Attachment 541849

QUOTE]
Looks pretty good. I dont know if the circle blinker are a little too big though? I dont know? Im wondering what the lower grille looked like if you brought up even more? It seems like the front is missing something. Like theres too much bumper space and not enough accent. The license plate, could it be possible to raise it towards the middle bumper lip and then bring the lower grille even more towards the hood? I know, Im being picky as shit. lol Im just trying to come up with ideas to enhance your look and have it differentiate a little more.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #87
Wizard1183

I guess this is something along the lines? Not perfect and not saying this is better than yours, I'm just experimenting with somethign along the lines partial to 1970 since your rear end went that way and its really great. The lower facia of this has characteristics of 1970 in it. The lower lamps, I dont know if those really go with it, but it was to change them enough so that the lower grille fit somewhat. I did this in Paint, so its not to scale by any means.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #88
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
[QUOTE=Wizard1183;6863965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here ya go. Circle turn signals in front and the lower grill area is wider and a bit taller.
Attachment 541849

QUOTE]
Looks pretty good. I dont know if the circle blinker are a little too big though? I dont know? Im wondering what the lower grille looked like if you brought up even more? It seems like the front is missing something. Like theres too much bumper space and not enough accent. The license plate, could it be possible to raise it towards the middle bumper lip and then bring the lower grille even more towards the hood? I know, Im being picky as shit. lol Im just trying to come up with ideas to enhance your look and have it differentiate a little more.
Here it is with smaller turn signals moved a bit more toward the center, and with the license plate moved up and lower grill cutout widened and moved up more. Keep in mind your eye is down near the license plate level so this is a perspective you'd never really be looking at the car with normally. If you were standing up and looking down the car would look a bit different. I wish I could put this design into a 3d program and do some perspective renderings.
Name:  2016 2013-08-06 at 11.19.10 AM.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  62.2 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #89
Wizard1183

[QUOTE=Doc;6864270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

Here it is with smaller turn signals moved a bit more toward the center, and with the license plate moved up and lower grill cutout widened and moved up more. Keep in mind your eye is down near the license plate level so this is a perspective you'd never really be looking at the car with normally. If you were standing up and looking down the car would look a bit different. I wish I could put this design into a 3d program and do some perspective renderings.
Attachment 541949
Not bad! You're right, I forgot about the perspective that eye view was at the license plate. It looks great! I was simply trying to incorporate something of 1970 to the front yet keeping the 67-69 look going as well.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #90
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I really like it. The front end is coming together great. I have a few ideas for it, but can't really do anything with them while I'm at work.

The round head lights and blinker look alright to me, but I still think I'd like to see other design options there just for options sake.....but no worries. Continue on.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #91
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Okay I accidentally posted this in another thread...so I'll put the revision here where it was supposed to be lol. Upper view is with a newly revised side profile; quite a bit was changed including fender lines and windows. The upper view is with the fender well extensions; lower view is without and larger wheels. I've also done the wheels in the 5-spoke that Fen referred to.
Name:  2016 Camaro 2fR2.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  129.6 KB

I'm also working on a perspective view which is almost done. I still haven't put any radiator or frame detail in the front but you can see here how the front lower grill cutout works. Now that I've drawn it I think it might be better to do the body without the front lower spoiler and add that feature as an aero kit. I don't know...what do you guys think?
Name:  2016 Camaro 2f perspective.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  71.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #92
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Doc...great skills and many good design elements. However, I actually see design regression. The are too many 1990's elements to your product. As Fenwickhockey said, you need to capture design cues from the past, not retro design.

The George Loizou design moves forward to some degree, but not far enough

I post these pictures to illustrate my point
Attached Images

Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #93
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

I think at a minimum you should take something that is a bit radical like the Genesis and work on it to add the Camaro styling cues and go from there.

Example
Attached Images

Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #94
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Doc...I hope you take this as constructive opinion
Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #95
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Doc...great skills and many good design elements. However, I actually see design regression. The are too many 1990's elements to your product. As Fenwickhockey said, you need to capture design cues from the past, not retro design.

The George Loizou design moves forward to some degree, but not far enough

I post these pictures to illustrate my point
How else do you capture design cues except by using some of those elements? I mean I can design something completely different but then would it look and feel like a Camaro? The 5th gen was such a success precisely because it kept that look and feel of the 67-69 retro style. I don't think people want to completely abandon that in the next generation.

Quote:
I think at a minimum you should take something that is a bit radical like the Genesis and work on it to add the Camaro styling cues and go from there.

Example
If you look at what you drew in blue and look at the most recent side profile I uploaded, that's pretty much exactly what I actually did.

Quote:
Doc...I hope you take this as constructive opinion
I do in fact take it all as constructive feedback, and thank you for taking the time to do that. My goal with this design is to do something clean, elegant, classy and a bit more modern than the 5th gen or previous generations. If you look at the 1970 model it went to a more sophisticated European style look. It was quite controversial at the time; the purists complained loudly. However I thought it was a beautiful design. The 1970 SS350 with the chrome bumper that went all the way across in the front was a gorgeous car... and fast too.

I'm deliberately trying to avoid trendy gimmicks but at the same time incorporate style elements that people recognize as belonging to a Camaro. I want the car to have class. It's turning out to be more of an evolution of the 5th gen. I have to be careful though because I've literally spent hours playing around with the shape and it's real easy to walk across the line and start looking like a vette, or go too low profile and now it starts looking like a Maserati, Ferrari or Lambo.

This is not an easy task by any means because the Camaro evokes such incredible emotions and passion in people. When you mess with it they take it personally. I've discovered there are 2 rules to changing the Camaro design. Rule #1: You can't please everybody. Rule #2: If you think you have a really great design, see rule #1.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #96
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Thanks for answering back. The more I think about this project of your, the more difficult I realize it is. Both for you and GM

There is a certain element of following recent trends that has to be taken into account to appear "fresh". But at the same time you have to be different. Radical different could implode.

If you look at styling over the years for any brand of auto...there was always development in a "direction" and "look" for say each decade.

Right now, chrome is coming back, heavy side sculpturing is coming back and sharp angularity is in vogue (see the Genesis pic and new Corvette and gill work on new SS)

I applaude your efforts
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #97
Wizard1183

Doc, I think you should add a grille the the opening on the loweer fascia. perhaps have it come to a point in the center? And see hw that works. I dont think it'd be too good to just keep the opening as you kind of need protection for the radiator and what not ya know? And maybe ass a small splitter on the bottom to add a little depth?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #98
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Thanks for answering back. The more I think about this project of your, the more difficult I realize it is. Both for you and GM

There is a certain element of following recent trends that has to be taken into account to appear "fresh". But at the same time you have to be different. Radical different could implode.

If you look at styling over the years for any brand of auto...there was always development in a "direction" and "look" for say each decade.

Right now, chrome is coming back, heavy side sculpturing is coming back and sharp angularity is in vogue (see the Genesis pic and new Corvette and gill work on new SS)

I applaude your efforts
You're more than welcome and thank you for participating! It's an interesting exercise isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Doc, I think you should add a grille the the opening on the loweer fascia. perhaps have it come to a point in the center? And see hw that works. I dont think it'd be too good to just keep the opening as you kind of need protection for the radiator and what not ya know? And maybe ass a small splitter on the bottom to add a little depth?
I've been thinking about that actually. I was thinking maybe a black mesh grille of some kind in front of the radiator but under/behind the body work so I could keep that opening. I'll play with a few ideas there and see how it looks.

At any rate here's the latest versions/revisions for the front, side and perspective views. These are without the wheel well extensions. The side view has more flow to the fender lines and overall less chunky looking. I dropped the entire upper half a bit above the side line to give the whole car more of a low profile look.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fa.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  38.0 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fp.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  120.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation