Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
GM Survey

Just got a GM survey about their vehicles and when it got to the high likely are you to purchase an electric EV vehicle in the future I said not likely and the survey ended?

LOL, I guess they are only looking for positive support for EV's

Are you Woke yet?
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
My guess is that they are just as interested in your response as they are in others. When you supplied your answer they received a needed data point.

Nice garage, by the way. .
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:21 PM   #3
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
We probably shouldn't fill these surveys for free, these companies monetize all this bulk information and don't give a rat's behind about individual responses anymore.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:40 PM   #4
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
Just got a GM survey about their vehicles and when it got to the high likely are you to purchase an electric EV vehicle in the future I said not likely and the survey ended?

Are you Woke yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
My guess is that they are just as interested in your response as they are in others. When you supplied your answer they received a needed data point.

Nice garage, by the way. .
The way these surveys work is they are typically looking for a distributed population of different types of respondents. The first few questions are usually purposed to filter for the types of respondents needed. They may have already reached the number of “will not buy EV” respondents.

For example, if they are looking for data on people considering a compact pickup, they may target 1,000 respondents who would consider an EV and 1,000 respondents who would not consider an EV. Once they hit the target on either group they stop accepting respondents for that group, but continue taking them for the other.

It could also be a function of what the survey topic is. For example… if they are doing a survey on whether or not to include an EV Charger installation option with new vehicles, first question would be “Do you own an EV?” If you answer yes, you’re directed to the survey. If you answer no, they’ll ask “Are you considering buying an EV in the next (x) months?”. If you answer yes, you’re directed to the survey. If you answer no, it ends the survey. I’ve seen both approaches used.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I've found that by responding to a survey, it just guarantees your inbox will be flooded by surveys from even more companies. My response is to file any survey I get directly to my spam folder.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:43 PM   #6
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
The questions were pretty ridiculous, like assumme a car 3-4 hundred miles and there are charging stations every 30 miles everywhere you go, would you buy....
after responding 2/10 twice in a row, it disqualified me from continuing lol. I agree, we should not be doing this for free.

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 11:27 PM   #7
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post

Are you Woke yet?

Its because you are not playing into the Narrative GM wants you to play into....you know....like Fake News. Say the wrong thing and they censor you.😝
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:19 AM   #8
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Oh god, if you have no clue how surveys work please dont blame political stuff here

The survey obviously wanted to get some detailled informations which EV models people prefer or what they are looking for in an EV so they can adjust their marketing. If you are out in the first few filter questions, you can't help them with their more specific questions, so what you expect to happen? Give you some free text fields to ramble about your political views on EVs?

Just imagine they do a survey about their ICE trucks, of course your survey will end once you stated that you are not interested in buying a truck...
Old 02-16-2023, 06:03 AM   #9
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
I do manufacturer direct surveys. I don't do independent company surveys any more. I experienced the same thing Zed Sled reported. Got bombed with all sorts of surveys.

As far as EV's go? Bring them on. There is certainly a place for them. There are a number of them and hybrids in my sub. I just traded a hybrid in (F150 Powerboost). There's a Tesla Plaid and a Porsche Taycan in the sub. I've ridden in a Plaid and I'll tell you it accelerates like my old prostreet 67 Chevy ll. It does it on the street. I needed a prepped track and was using a trans brake.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:39 AM   #10
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Looking forward to EV's

Looking forward to driving by EV's stranded on the side of the road after losing power. I'll slow down, beep my horn, wave, and then rev my gas powered engine as I drive by.
I leased a EV for 3 years and at the 2 year mark I hated the thing so much I had to get rid of it, so I turned it in early!
Anytime you see the manufacturers MPC you can automatically cut that in half. In the winter months you can cut the MPC even further.
Want to charge in the cold weather? Double the charge time and double your electric bill again as the batteries don't like to be charged in cold weather! But they don't tell you this.
I found out quickly that EV's are an expensive scam that are not feasible in any way. The high maintenance costs and terrible resell value isn't talked about. Who wants to buy a used EV only to find out a short time later that the batteries are fried and it'll cost an additional $10,000 to get the car back up and running again? Oops, another important detail about EV's that they leave out.

Even though most of my driving was local, over the two years that I had the thing I quickly found out that it was much cheaper running the car on the gas powered 4 cyl. "onboard generator" then the high costs of keeping the batteries charged.
Those who switch over to expensive EV's will be in for a rude awakening. I'll keep my gas powered car until eternity. EV's are garbage and I'll never drive another one!

Last edited by 79 TransAm that never was; 02-16-2023 at 07:10 AM.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 11:01 PM   #11
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Oh god, if you have no clue how surveys work please dont blame political stuff here

The survey obviously wanted to get some detailled informations which EV models people prefer or what they are looking for in an EV so they can adjust their marketing. If you are out in the first few filter questions, you can't help them with their more specific questions, so what you expect to happen? Give you some free text fields to ramble about your political views on EVs?

Just imagine they do a survey about their ICE trucks, of course your survey will end once you stated that you are not interested in buying a truck...

I know exactly how they work. The whole system has gone out of their way to politicize everything so I can play the same game. The whole push for EVs is already politicized.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 02:02 AM   #12
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
I know exactly how they work. The whole system has gone out of their way to politicize everything so I can play the same game. The whole push for EVs is already politicized.

This. They Politicized EVs and it probably would have been made more acceptable if they didn't politicize it.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:19 AM   #13
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
Looking forward to driving by EV's stranded on the side of the road after losing power. I'll slow down, beep my horn, wave, and then rev my gas powered engine as I drive by.
I leased a EV for 3 years and at the 2 year mark I hated the thing so much I had to get rid of it, so I turned it in early!
Anytime you see the manufacturers MPC you can automatically cut that in half. In the winter months you can cut the MPC even further.
Want to charge in the cold weather? Double the charge time and double your electric bill again as the batteries don't like to be charged in cold weather! But they don't tell you this.
I found out quickly that EV's are an expensive scam that are not feasible in any way. The high maintenance costs and terrible resell value isn't talked about. Who wants to buy a used EV only to find out a short time later that the batteries are fried and it'll cost an additional $10,000 to get the car back up and running again? Oops, another important detail about EV's that they leave out.

Even though most of my driving was local, over the two years that I had the thing I quickly found out that it was much cheaper running the car on the gas powered 4 cyl. "onboard generator" then the high costs of keeping the batteries charged.
Those who switch over to expensive EV's will be in for a rude awakening. I'll keep my gas powered car until eternity. EV's are garbage and I'll never drive another one!
What did you have, a Volt, a BMW i3, or a Fisker Karma?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:28 AM   #14
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
I am responding to fewer surveys these days... I'm all surveyed out.

I will NEVER buy a battery car. They are stupid.

Adios is offline   Reply With Quote