Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #43
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzato View Post
It's not there. Saved them .10 not putting it in.
Well that takes care of that.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #44
Zzzato
Bigg Balls

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1661 View Post
lol, getting water dumped into your tank is a lot more expensive than getting your door handles or windshield wipers super glued
My car runs on water. I did an h2o conversion. I get extreme fuel mileage and I can't go over 35 mph.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #45
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
My 2017 Civic SI Coupe has locking fuel door but it still gets water in the chamber of the fuel fill hole from rain! I hate capless fueling! I feel like its allows too much exposure to dirt and grime since you're pushing open a door that's basically exposed to the elements when you put the fuel pump in allowing a lot of contamination inside over time! I take a piece of plastic and rubber band to cover and seal the capless fuel entry on my Civic to keep the damned rain water out. And it just wasn't my car, me and a salesman walked around the lot after a rain storm and found another coupe doing it. For some strange reason we didn't find any sedans with water in the chamber, only the coupe, probably because of the body line of the top of the fuel door is directly above the fuel entry letting water constantly flow over it during a rain shower.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #46
WillTPIV

Drives: 2017 1lt V6 Hyper Blue NPP
Just wanted to add that there is a very specific tube in the glove box that is needed to add gas from a can and the way it is made makes it impossible to siphon gas.
WillTPIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #47
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The funniest part of this thread is people saying the chance that an already known issue that has occurred with this tyoe of setup is so improbable its not actually an issue....but then the entire point is to prevent someone from "putting water in your gas tank" which statistically speaking is probably about as likely as getting struck by lightning
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #48
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
No, the funny thing is that you use getting struck by lightening (a known condition) to try to discredit folks who mention that the probability of a known condition occurring to be very small and thus not much of an issue....kinda like getting struck by lightening is an unlikely thing...
Old 09-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #49
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My analogy actually makes perfect sense...you can find multiple reports on forums of people having issues with locking gas caps. How many threads can you find where "someone put water in my gas tank". Even just saying that phrase out loud makes me feel dumber lol
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #50
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
I agree, I think they were just trying to save a few bucks. No reason not to do it. My Mustang had the advanced security package, the gas door cover and the center console both locked with the doors. It would have been nice to have something like this in the Camaro
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #51
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
as long as it's an option i wouldn't care if they offered it. I rather enjoy not having to deal with unlocking my gas door with buttons or a key.

Since i'm not a douche nozzle and i dont live around douche nozzles, my concern for someone tampering with my gas tank is about on par with being concerned that my car will be spray painted while i'm at work, so i'll save my 10 cents and thank GM for letting me do so as i simply push my gas door to open it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #52
trboxman

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
My analogy actually makes perfect sense...you can find multiple reports on forums of people having issues with locking gas caps. How many threads can you find where "someone put water in my gas tank". Even just saying that phrase out loud makes me feel dumber lol
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...wn-my-gas-tank

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...7105227AADEfUy

https://patch.com/wisconsin/brookfie...wifes-gas-tank

didn't vet any of them for accuracy or specifics, just a simple google search.

You can find folks on forums complaining about anything but the number of complaints doesn't necessarily correlate to the prevalence of an actual problem. Nor does the stated problem always to turn out to be the actual problem.

In any case the chances of me having a gas cap lock failure on my Camaro is 0, the chances of a guy in Europe having a gas cap lock failure is greater than 0 but not much greater than 0...
Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #53
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
as long as it's an option i wouldn't care if they offered it. I rather enjoy not having to deal with unlocking my gas door with buttons or a key.

Since i'm not a douche nozzle and i dont live around douche nozzles, my concern for someone tampering with my gas tank is about on par with being concerned that my car will be spray painted while i'm at work, so i'll save my 10 cents and thank GM for letting me do so as i simply push my gas door to open it.
Agreed, a large percentage of forum paranoia......but that's what we excel at here....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #54
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Agreed, a large percentage of forum paranoia......but that's what we excel at here....
paranoid and i suspect a certain number are the kinds of people who ask for it by their personality. Like the guy who was surprised/upset when they parked across multiple parking spaces in a parking lot and someone threw stuff on their car.

So I understand if the bro's are concerned about people screwing with their cars. But for everyone who's not part of that scene, and doesn't live in the uk, this is definitely a non-issue to be concerned about.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:59 AM   #55
soldes

Drives: car
well at least the OP knows it can be integrated. I thought that was the point of the thread. I didn't ask for it nor am I paranoid. My previous ram had no fuel door lock and a non locking gas cap and never lost a minute of sleep over it...
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #56
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Bla bla bla
If this exist for European models, why don't put that as an option for NA?
After you do what you want....
I'm European,
I have a NA ZL1 with no lock
I want one before going back there (there is too much jerks overthere specially if you have a badass car)
But can't find any of those electromagnetic pin ....
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote