Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 AM   #29
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Hotchkis brace works great and lets exhaust fit.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #30
SS2014X

Drives: 2014 camaro SS2 convertible
I installed corsa dual tips zl1 set up on my 2014 ss convertible ,Love it had to replace rear bumper lower valance and install a new tubular brace because .
SS2014X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #31
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
Oh I don't want to remove it, I was looking at something like this to compensate. I'm just curious if this is the only brace in the way of 3" exhaust.

I just put on my ARH LTH and they come down to far and interfere with the front brace. I was able to put it on but it now touches the exhaust pipe. This brace does look like something I could use because the back side of my brace is fine, it's just the front that touch. This SW brace is not as deep and it has a nice notch in it to allow the piping to not touch. I was thinking to cutting and modifying mine but if this one works, then I see no harm in using it.

UPDATE:

I also found this https://www.moderngenauto.com/Gen-5-...RoCBcoQAvD_BwE But it's way more expensive. I wonder which is better?

joe...

Last edited by GodWentPunk; 08-25-2019 at 10:24 AM.
GodWentPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #32
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
I installed a full competition 3 inch dynatech exhaust for coupe. Remade the braces, modified the rear section, and everything is fine with bracing in all the original areas.
Attached Images

LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #33
GodWentPunk

^^^^ In that last pic, are you only using 1 bolt hole from each side? My bracket that I'm trying to build will use 3 bolts per side but in the middle, I'm gutting it out to a point where it's only going to be about 4in thick.

joe...
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #34
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
I replaced the intermediate brace making an “X” brace flat stock and welded in the center which provided better clearance and which I felt is stronger. At some point I will remake these with aluminum stock. The front sheet metal brace was replaced with offset flat stock which can be easily made. The lower rear brace housing needed to be trimmed to clear the mufflers (size will dictate”. No spacers and longer bolts needed.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #35
GodWentPunk

Here is my updated brace. I still had to use some washers to clear things.

Joe...
Attached Images