Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Is this the reason why the Camaro is not selling?

I wanted to lease a Camaro 2SS msrp I believe was around 46k, so I emailed my local dealer and these are the numbers I got from them which I think are INSANE!!! not to mention employee and loyalty discounts were included.....I currently have a Dodge Challenger scat pack lease, which I'm paying $420 a month, 36 months, 0 down, msrp is 48k fully LOADED car.

anyone think these prices are way too high for a 45k car? I have friends with hellcats that are paying $550 a month....with those numbers I think buying the car and financing it will end up with a cheaper payment, no wonder why I see 1 Camaro for every 20 challengers/chargers....anyways just wanted to throw this out there, thanks.
Attached Images

AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
quikag

Drives: 2SS '16 Camaro
Those numbers are insane. They are trying to rip you hard. Tell them to get bent and find another dealer.

Also:
2010 ZR1
2018 GT3
2013 LX570
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:56 PM   #3
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikag View Post
Those numbers are insane. They are trying to rip you hard. Tell them to get bent and find another dealer.

+1. Be willing to walk... and keep walking if need be. I’ve been waiting to make a move for a year now. I’m still waiting...
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Selling? This thread only discusses a lease. Different ball game.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Siriously? no good sales guy puts in an email what they'll go down to. Because They know you're going to take the email and just go shop other people. Go into the dealership, find the sales manager, sit down and ask for some real numbers.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #6
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Siriously? no good sales guy puts in an email what they'll go down to. Because They know you're going to take the email and just go shop other people. Go into the dealership, find the sales manager, sit down and ask for some real numbers.
when I was getting ready to order I hit up 3 dealerships. 2 of them gave me prices in email no problem.
Most internet departments don't go through that nonsense of back and forth with prices etc.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #7
AN0NYM0US

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that, I leased plenty of cars before and got in touch with the dealer through email only.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #8
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Problem with leasing a Camaro is the depreciation. The more a vehicle depreciates the higher the payment.

This is one vehicle I would never consider leasing due to that.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #9
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:

I’ll keep this in mind when I do finally make a move to purchase.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #10
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I headed an Internet department for about three years as a general manager. the Internet department staff is set up to go to a certain price point and then stop and then a certain sales manager gets involved. The function of an Internet department is to get/set the appointment And have the person come in.A sales manager dealing with a person that is standing in front of them, can always go a little bit lower than what is sent out over the wire. Internet advisers are not set up to negotiate deep for a deal.

That being said, the reason the numbers above are so high is the residuals still suck from both GM and ALG, the industry standard people that set the initial residuals when the car comes out .....see this thread

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471901
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #11
AN0NYM0US

I dont know what is it, either its no deals on leasing or people are just waiting for 2019 refresh but here are the numbers...
Attached Images