Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #43
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
This isn't true at all. The Camaro was built as a reaction to the mustang and challenger. Both of which have 2008 models. The camaro does not. Obviously, Chevy is not going to release an inferior product performance wise especially after being able to see the competition. The 6.4 motor was created in 2004. It's not like Dodge was like "oh my god we need to create an engine to compete with the 6.2 in that camaro" which is how I think you're tying to spin it. The 6.4 was put in primarily for problems with the 6.1. And do you realize how long it takes to "build" a car as you put it? The 2011 models are when the playing fields changed (one year after the camaro came out). For Ford and Dodge to build and test cars in less than a year to respond to the camaro is not reasonable. They're revisions were long in development.

It seems like people here spread so much misinformation when it comes to this topic. Shaking my head.
That is so wrong. The concept Camaro came out in early 2006 and GM announced that they were building it in in August of 2006. The concept had an LS2 which produced 400 hp and 400 lb-ft. Ford and Chrysler knew well before 2010 what kind of numbers the 5th gen would put down, and started the development of these new power trains in their pony cars as a direct response to the Camaro. I guarantee you that if the 5th gen didn't exist the Mustang would still have a 4.6 SOHC and that boat anchor V6 and the Challenger would probably still have the 6.1. The 6.4 that was created in 2005 was an iron block crate engine producing 525 hp that is completely different from the production version used in the 392.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #44
mikeyg36

Quote:
Currently there are less than 50 new ZR1'S for sale in the USA. There are over 400 new GTR's on the U.S. market. I stand by my statement.
That's because they stopped producing the C6 to make way for the C7. The C7 Z06 will be able to give a GTR a run for it's money.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #45
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
That's because they stopped producing the C6 to make way for the C7. The C7 Z06 will be able to give a GTR a run for it's money.
There were never 400+ new ZR1'S on the market and never will be. Simple as that.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #46
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
This is not true. If anything 1LEs run slower 1/4 times than straight SS LS3s. But yes the 1LEs rigid chassis and better suspension, brakes, and tires will be faster on a road course with equal drivers than any 5.0 GT. Bosses are much closer and here it would be a drivers race.
So you're saying motor trend and all of the other magazines lied?
You didn't watch the video I posted?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #47
mikeyg36

Quote:
There were never 400+ new ZR1'S on the market and never will be. Simple as that.
Check your facts before making ridiculous comments

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...n-numbers.html
Old 01-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #48
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
Check your facts before making ridiculous comments

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...n-numbers.html
No, how about you understand how to read? There is a difference number of cars on the market at a given time and number produced.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #49
Mike-D
HTFU

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
50 new ZR1'S for sale in the USA
not sure where your getting your numbers but way off.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #50
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-D View Post
not sure where your getting your numbers but way off.
haha way to quote half of what I said. Good one
Anyway, if I'm wrong then please provide sources to backup that claim.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #51
mikeyg36

Quote:
No, how about you understand how to read? There is a difference number of cars on the market at a given time and number produced.
If 1500 are produced in a year, more than 400 will be available at one time. Plus, what the hell does the number of cars available have to do with the ZR1 being able to beat a GTR? Very typical of a troll to make up random facts/numbers to start an argument
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #52
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
If 1500 are produced in a year, more than 400 will be available at one time. Plus, what the hell does the number of cars available have to do with the ZR1 being able to beat a GTR? Very typical of a troll to make up random facts/numbers to start an argument
Not necessarily.... You're taking out of context everything I said and trying to twist it around. Very typical of someone who can't provide solid proof to their argument to throw out the "troll" card. Do you always try and change the subject when you can't think of a reply? And whats facts did I make up?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #53
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
That is so wrong. The concept Camaro came out in early 2006 and GM announced that they were building it in in August of 2006. The concept had an LS2 which produced 400 hp and 400 lb-ft. Ford and Chrysler knew well before 2010 what kind of numbers the 5th gen would put down, and started the development of these new power trains in their pony cars as a direct response to the Camaro. I guarantee you that if the 5th gen didn't exist the Mustang would still have a 4.6 SOHC and that boat anchor V6 and the Challenger would probably still have the 6.1. The 6.4 that was created in 2005 was an iron block crate engine producing 525 hp that is completely different from the production version used in the 392.
Again, Chevy knew what the competition could do first. Writing on paper means nothing, they saw real worlds tests and provided a response.
2. Complete lie. Is it different? yes but 100% no.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #54
mikeyg36

Quote:
Not necessarily.... You're taking out of context everything I said and trying to twist it around. Very typical of someone who can't provide solid proof to their argument to throw out the "troll" card. Do you always try and change the subject when you can't think of a reply? And whats facts did I make up?
My argument is that the outgoing ZR1 competes with the GTR, and it's sales and production numbers are very similar to each other. I provided proof of that. What have you done? Made up false info and acted like a troll. I'm done here, troll away as you please.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #55
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
My argument is that the outgoing ZR1 competes with the GTR, and it's sales and production numbers are very similar to each other. I provided proof of that. What have you done? Made up false info and acted like a troll. I'm done here, troll away as you please.
Please tell me,what false info did I make up? Showing how many cars were produced does not tell anyone how many were on the market at a given time.
You make too many assumptions in your post. You can't tell me every move Ford/Doge makes is a response to the camaro. Engines become dated and with technology & innovation they become replaced. To say every change to the mustang and challenger has to do with the camaro is naive. There are so many other factors to consider.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #56
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
You've got to remember that the 5.0 in the mustang is also used in the F-150. Plans to replace the 4.6 and 5.4 in the mustang and f-150 were also in action by 2006 with the Coyote being born in 2007.

Last edited by khell86; 01-04-2014 at 04:12 PM.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote