Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #15
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
I went in to the my local dealer Saturday to try and get some numbers worked out on a 2SS. The first thing the salesman said to me that the 2016's aren't even being built yet I knew I was wasting my time right away. So she pulled up her program for ordering a new car and it didn't have the pricing listed, so she was like chevy must not have released the info yet.
The manager came over to tell me the same thing and that they will sell me the car at invoice. So I guess I did leave there knowing that I can get the car at invoice, which I assume is good for that car?
I know some do not like this, but could you give the name of the dealership. If we just stopped sending our money at these incompetent dealers, they would have to improve.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #16
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
I thought I knew the numbers going in but I just don't know what invoice will be and that's what they will sell the car at. I know cars.com has invoice and I did tell that to the manager and he said that number doesn't include any of the dealers cost.
Sounds like he's preparing to tell you that they will sell you the car at invoice, then tack on a bunch of fees to the bill of sale.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Sounds like he's preparing to tell you that they will sell you the car at invoice, then tack on a bunch of fees to the bill of sale.
Agreed.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #18
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Prob not till November 20th.

That is when production of the Gen 5 ends at the Canadian plant.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #19
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
and she said that we haven't been trained on the car yet so we don't know much about them.
Bolded for emphasis. It's a valid answer for the individual salesperson or dealer.

Yes, we know more about the car then they probably ever will (present sales company excluded, like Becky) as we are enthusiasts. If they haven't gone through training on their official sales channel, then that's not really the individuals fault. It's either the dealer for not making it available/scheduled, or GM for not making it available to the dealer before cars were being delivered.

Many sales people are there for the check. They're not overly enthusiastic about the brand, or the models, etc... they sell what they get told to sell.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #20
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
I know some do not like this, but could you give the name of the dealership. If we just stopped sending our money at these incompetent dealers, they would have to improve.
I'm really close to outing this dealer as I went there last night to finally put a deal together. They told me when I was there before that they would sell the car at invoice, but they added the advertising fee into the invoice price. I wasn't to upset about that and figured I could go to another dealer that would not charge that. The deal breaker was in the my trade in. I wanted a min. of $28,000 and they came at me with $26,500. I told the sales person that I wanted no less then $28,000 so she got the manager and he agreed to jump to $27,000. So I figured hey there starting to head in the right direction, but that's when another guy comes out of no were and says no way we can go any higher than $26,500. I stood up, shook the sales persons hand and said give me my keys I'm out of here and said that's bullshit that one guy already told me one price and he is coming over taking it back.

Would any of you guys been pissed that they handled the trade in like that?
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #21
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
I'm really close to outing this dealer as I went there last night to finally put a deal together. They told me when I was there before that they would sell the car at invoice, but they added the advertising fee into the invoice price. I wasn't to upset about that and figured I could go to another dealer that would not charge that. The deal breaker was in the my trade in. I wanted a min. of $28,000 and they came at me with $26,500. I told the sales person that I wanted no less then $28,000 so she got the manager and he agreed to jump to $27,000. So I figured hey there starting to head in the right direction, but that's when another guy comes out of no were and says no way we can go any higher than $26,500. I stood up, shook the sales persons hand and said give me my keys I'm out of here and said that's bullshit that one guy already told me one price and he is coming over taking it back.

Would any of you guys been pissed that they handled the trade in like that?
They were out to get you from the beginning. Sure they'll sell to you at invoice. But they'll charge other fees and low-ball your trade-in.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #22
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Never, ever tell them you are trading a car in until you have the numbers on the deal done...

Where did your $28,000 number come from?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #23
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Never, ever tell them you are trading a car in until you have the numbers on the deal done...
It's get everything to financing, all the numbers should be complete "And no trade in so that will be... "

"Oh, you know what? I think I will trade it in. How much will you give me?"

Seriously, it's the very last thing you should do.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, if you have a CarMax nearby, GO THERE 1ST and get the 7 day quote. Take an hour, and you're done, knowing how much you can get for your car before even going to a dealer (and a dealer *always* lowballs) is huge.

You may find that CarMax would give you your number than a dealer ever could, or, sometimes even better than you were expecting. Tell the dealer to match what CarMax offered, since in many states, there are better tax implications for a trade in vs selling to CarMax and paying the full price of the new car at the dealer. (Some states will take off the amount of trade in and you're taxed on the result, and that could cut your tax requirement by a substantial amount).

Example (In Mass):
$45000 car at 7% = $3150 in taxes

$45000 car
$28000 trade in
---------------
$17000 you're taxed on = $1190 in taxes. That's $2k in savings.

You just have to do the math between what CarMax would offer and the dealer... sometimes that "lowball" will still save you money on the taxes and it's a wash or a better deal to trade in. (State dependent)

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #24
BREWINZ

Drives: 2011 WRX. 2016 2SS coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
They were out to get you from the beginning. Sure they'll sell to you at invoice. But they'll charge other fees and low-ball your trade-in.
I'd have to agree. That place seems sketchy. I would go elsewhere for sure.
BREWINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #25
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Bolded for emphasis. It's a valid answer for the individual salesperson or dealer.

Yes, we know more about the car then they probably ever will (present sales company excluded, like Becky) as we are enthusiasts. If they haven't gone through training on their official sales channel, then that's not really the individuals fault. It's either the dealer for not making it available/scheduled, or GM for not making it available to the dealer before cars were being delivered.

Many sales people are there for the check. They're not overly enthusiastic about the brand, or the models, etc... they sell what they get told to sell.

--kC
Well, to be fair.... the information is out there. For example, its on global connect. Not only that, but for a guy like me, I like keeping up with product.

That means getting involved in forums and even competitors forums to learn how to overcome objections.

No not many are like this.
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #26
Memphis43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
It's get everything to financing, all the numbers should be complete "And no trade in so that will be... "

"Oh, you know what? I think I will trade it in. How much will you give me?"

Seriously, it's the very last thing you should do.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, if you have a CarMax nearby, GO THERE 1ST and get the 7 day quote. Take an hour, and you're done, knowing how much you can get for your car before even going to a dealer (and a dealer *always* lowballs).

--kC
Yes, please go to Carmax. And if the dealer cant honor it. Sell it to Carmax. There is a difference between having over 100 locations to just one and being able to ship that car wherever to get the most out it.

And throwing a trade in last minute works occasionally. When there are no other issues that come up (payoff, credit, etc). Most of the time though, if your at a reputable dealer the initial bid is usually close to what the car is worth regardless.

Speaking of trade in... I do find it funny that people want invoice pricing on their cars here and expect top dollar for their trade. I have always found that fascinating.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:39 PM   #27
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Speaking of trade in... I do find it funny that people want invoice pricing on their cars here and expect top dollar for their trade. I have always found that fascinating.
It makes perfect sense. It's the exact opposite of what the dealer wants, which is lowest trade in and highest sale price.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #28
Memphis43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
It makes perfect sense. It's the exact opposite of what the dealer wants, which is lowest trade in and highest sale price.

Or, you know, if they give you invoice pricing (which is more than fair for an all new car, regardless of advertising) you could be lenient on the trade. Especially right off the bat.

Your trade is worth what it's worth on the market. Your not selling it. The dealer is. The dealer comes up with an average based on the books and auction data that is provided.

Can they do more? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk