Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #99
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, maybe the Car and Driver mag test with the poor results of the 350GT with PP, will bring in more buyers of the 5thGen Camaro in the meantime....
It was a GT, not a GT350.

Also, when the GTPP lost to the 1LE before there wasn't a Camaro sales spike.

The 5th gen is done, and the 6th isn't going to arrive in force till about December or January.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #100
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Completely agree. I also think Fiat's timing was perfect for introducing the high powered models. Ford and Chevy were winding down gen5 creating a window where there would not be GT500, ZL1, etc. Just base GT and SS.
I agree with you and fenwick. Dodge had to do something and came out with the hellcat. They knew the 6gen camaro and 6gen mustang were coming and that they are always behind the camaro and mustang in sales.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #101
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Not even a year after launch and it looks like the honeymoon's already over.

I thought from the beginning that the stock performance and styling was an insult to this segment...then again I'm biased.
And then August sales numbers were released and your prediction fell on the floor dead.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #102
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
And then August sales numbers were released and your prediction fell on the floor dead.
Enjoy that much Ford fanboy?
Old 09-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #103
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Sucks that the Camaro continued to drop while the others picked up steam a bit...but it is what it is. Camaro is the oldest of the bunch.

But that Mustang June/July plunge back down to pre-S550 numbers ain't too pretty either...almost shocking if you ask me. If it hadn't bounced back up a bit it would be embarrassing.

I don't think we will know enough until 2016 is nearly over with to determine a sales leader (unless one is clearly dominating the other). The Camaro is releasing at what I'd consider the worst season to release a sports car, and thus I don't expect a strong surge in initial sales. On the positive side of that, the sales should continue strong into the spring as there will be many that waited over the winter until spring to buy. Its will be months after that before sales begin to level out to where we can really compare Camaro/Mustang sales. Of course, the lower than could be, winter initial Camaro sales will be pointed out by Ford fanboys everywhere as a fail....as to be expected lol.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #104
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I dont give a damn if my 16 Camaro is the only one on the road. In fact, the less the better, to me. I remember when the GM car was the unpopular, underdog in sales. Im just fine with that.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #105
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
The Mustang sales rebound was after the reveal at Belle Island. Maybe people on the fence waiting to see the new Camaro before they bought a new car?
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #106
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Enjoy that much Ford fanboy?
I've never tried to hide the fact that I like the Mustang. I like the Camaro, too, along with several other brands, makes and models that have graced my garage over decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But that Mustang June/July plunge back down to pre-S550 numbers ain't too pretty either...almost shocking if you ask me. If it hadn't bounced back up a bit it would be embarrassing.

I don't think we will know enough until 2016 is nearly over with to determine a sales leader (unless one is clearly dominating the other). The Camaro is releasing at what I'd consider the worst season to release a sports car, and thus I don't expect a strong surge in initial sales. On the positive side of that, the sales should continue strong into the spring as there will be many that waited over the winter until spring to buy. Its will be months after that before sales begin to level out to where we can really compare Camaro/Mustang sales. Of course, the lower than could be, winter initial Camaro sales will be pointed out by Ford fanboys everywhere as a fail....as to be expected lol.
Of course it will! And we all know it. Just as every "failing" of the Mustang will be pointed our by the Camaro fanboys. Is this a surprise to anyone? It shouldn't be and people need to stop getting the hackles up over little things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I dont give a damn if my 16 Camaro is the only one on the road. In fact, the less the better, to me. I remember when the GM car was the unpopular, underdog in sales. Im just fine with that.
I guess we can all thank guys like you for GM's decision to discontinue the Camaro in 2002. BTW, both the Camaro and the Mustang have been "unpopular underdogs" in sales throughout their histories. Again, nothing new under the sun to see here.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #107
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Quote:
I guess we can all thank guys like you for GM's decision to discontinue the Camaro in 2002. BTW, both the Camaro and the Mustang have been "unpopular underdogs" in sales throughout their histories. Again, nothing new under the sun to see here.

Yeah. Its on me. Because I designed and marketed the car...

All I did was give GM money and BUY the cars. What did YOU do?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #108
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah. Its on me. Because I designed and marketed the car...

All I did was give GM money and BUY the cars. What did YOU do?
GM has received my money over the years, too. Likely more from me than they have received from you. Like I said, I'm not a brand-loyal guy. I buy the cars that give me driving pleasure and what that is changes/has changed as I've gotten older.

Last edited by titanfan; 09-09-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #109
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Quote:
GM has received my money over the years, too. Likely more from me than they have received from you. Like I said, I'm not a brand-loyal guy. I buy the cars that give me driving pleasure and what the is changes/has changed as I've gotten older.
Then buy whatever you want, feom whomever you want. Doesnt make me a lick if difference. I didnt pull your string, Jr. Troll on...

Old 09-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #110
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Then buy whatever you want, feom whomever you want. Doesnt make me a lick if difference. I didnt pull your string, Jr. Troll on...
Right...yet you interjected yourself into the conversation. Doesn't sound like the action of someone for whom it "doesn't make a lick of difference", chief.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #111
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Quote:
Right...yet you interjected yourself into the conversation. Doesn't sound like the action of someone for whom it "doesn't make a lick of difference", chief.
I interjected my disconcern with GMs sales numbers on a PUBLIC FORUM. My opinion, in fact has LITERALLY, nothing remotely to do with you, your brand preference, or your imaginary Z28. Lol. Shouldn't you be refilling thePills beer, or somethin?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #112
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sucks that the Camaro continued to drop while the others picked up steam a bit...but it is what it is. Camaro is the oldest of the bunch.

Agreed, have to wait till both cars are out to really see.

Plunge in June wasn't really as bad as you think KM,

June Mustang sales were 11,719 but July sales did drop quite a bit to 8482
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote