Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #29
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
I don't mean to judge, but he is waaay too big to be in a booster seat!
Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #30
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
This guy might beg to differ....
He's not wearing his seat belt
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #31
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I'm betting he looks that way in the front seat also.
I was thinking the same thing !!
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #32
Blackhawklsx
Dragon Tamer

Drives: 14 silverado tx edition, 08 hhr ss
good to know, mine are also 2 and 4. They do make seat covers for car seats btw. lol but i guess a towel is cheaper and just as effective
Blackhawklsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #33
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawklsx View Post
good to know, mine are also 2 and 4. They do make seat covers for car seats btw. lol but i guess a towel is cheaper and just as effective
I am definitely planning on the seat covers, the towels were just a hasty last minute decision until I can get them. Anyone have a link for them?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Forward facing seats do work in this car, (I am using one now) but the front seats have to be moved forward....maybe not ALL the way forward, but a considerable distance.

Rearward facing car seats just don't work. Its not that you can't get one (a smallish to medium sized one) in there, but its getting it OUT is the problem. In my 5th gen I didn't have much issue getting my daughter in and out of the back in her rear facing seat. But I had to do it for a short while in my 6th gen before she went to a forward facing seat. It sucked.

But this car isn't my daily driver either.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #35
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
when the kids just need a booster, these are awesome! My wife is a certified car seat tech.

https://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Inf...m+booster+seat
Old 07-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #36
RallyHT

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Conv V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
This guy might beg to differ....
Do we have a before picture? I am thinking he ATE the children.

Order Help on Camaro6
RallyHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #37
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
Nice pic! My kids, even the 13 year old love riding in the Camaro and don't mind the rear seats. My 10 year old will tell you that I got the NPP, because he requested it. He loves hearing the sound of the engine revving out 😀
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #38
bluegen6

Drives: Hyper Blue V6 RS
Have 2 high back booster seats in rear for 7 and 4 year old, tight leg room for sure but it works in a pinch. Not every day that they ride in the car.
bluegen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #39
mnewton367
Military

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS v8
Has anyone tried this with rear facing seats? With those bases that you can leave installed and you just click the car seat in and out of the base so you don't have to deal with the hassle?

A bit after buying myself one of these I found out I'm going to be a first time Dad. While my wife is actually the one telling me to keep it and that we'll make it work since her car is perfect for a kid anyway, I'm the one going into Dad Mode already and skeptical about whither I need to trade it in or can make it work.

I'm 5'10'' and my wife is 5'3'', so based on what I've read from everyone we could make it work with front-facing seats. It's the whole rear-facing car seats that worry me, and apparently you're supposed to do rear facing for 2 years.
2016 Camaro SS - Current Car - Owned

"I am the man... who grabs the sun... RIDING TO VALHALLA!"
mnewton367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #40
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
I was unable to use a rear facing car seat in my 5th gen and had to get rid of it. Once the kids were Both able to fit in forward facing seats I had to have another Camaro. I have seen posts where people mentioned they were able to make it work.

Once you start the baby prep (well before the birth I'm sure) try out the base and car seat and see if it is something you can make work or live with. Being a dad is the best and well worth the sacrifice if you have to end up letting go of the 6th gen.

Good luck and congrats on the great news!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #41
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewton367 View Post
Has anyone tried this with rear facing seats? With those bases that you can leave installed and you just click the car seat in and out of the base so you don't have to deal with the hassle?

A bit after buying myself one of these I found out I'm going to be a first time Dad. While my wife is actually the one telling me to keep it and that we'll make it work since her car is perfect for a kid anyway, I'm the one going into Dad Mode already and skeptical about whither I need to trade it in or can make it work.

I'm 5'10'' and my wife is 5'3'', so based on what I've read from everyone we could make it work with front-facing seats. It's the whole rear-facing car seats that worry me, and apparently you're supposed to do rear facing for 2 years.
I use a rear facing like you are talking about for my daughter. She's only 1-1/2. I put hers on the passenger side so I can move the seat up a little more. It fits fine.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #42
mnewton367
Military

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS v8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I use a rear facing like you are talking about for my daughter. She's only 1-1/2. I put hers on the passenger side so I can move the seat up a little more. It fits fine.
Apologize for the ignorance but is there any difference in size for a rear-facing 1-1/2 year old car seat and a infant-1 car seat? Honestly I expect to use my Wife's car whenever we have to go somewhere with the kid, but I always like to be safe and don't want to rely on just the one car 100% of the time. I could move the seat up and likely still fit my 5'2'' wife comfortably, as the seat in her car is so far forward I can't even get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
I was unable to use a rear facing car seat in my 5th gen and had to get rid of it. Once the kids were Both able to fit in forward facing seats I had to have another Camaro. I have seen posts where people mentioned they were able to make it work.

Once you start the baby prep (well before the birth I'm sure) try out the base and car seat and see if it is something you can make work or live with. Being a dad is the best and well worth the sacrifice if you have to end up letting go of the 6th gen.

Good luck and congrats on the great news!
Thanks! The car seat is the only thing we haven't got yet, and we have until December. My wife has a Chevy Sonic LTZ 2014 so that is going to be the main 'kid car', but if I need to I want to be able to make sure I can at least manage a car seat on occasion. I think I'll be more than fine with managing on occasion, putting him in the back passenger, and scooting my tiny wife up a little.

Worst case scenario I'll just consider a third car here shortly when my wife's car is paid off within the year. I don't know if I can let this 6th Gen go, it's so beautiful.

Love the color by the way. I have the metallic black with the black rims and tinted windows. There's a blue one in my parking lot at work and it looks really good on the black.
2016 Camaro SS - Current Car - Owned

"I am the man... who grabs the sun... RIDING TO VALHALLA!"
mnewton367 is offline   Reply With Quote