Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #71
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
If it looked anything like a 2nd or 3rd gen, it would flop.

Nobody likes 2nd and 3rd gen Camaros, at least I don't. The best looking generations are the 1st and 5th, Chevrolet knows that, and I think they will hold true to making it evolutionary and moving away from this whole retro thing. It's going to look mostly like a 5th gen with some minor "evolutionary" changes, not revolutionary.

I also agree, that there certainly won't be quad head lights and you're only seeing cut outs in the camo.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #72
Destructo09

Also, by the way, you can't tell "high performance" vs V6 just by looking at the exhaust anymore. The V6 is available with the NPP "quad" exhaust on the 2014 and 2015's.

Notice the red 5th gen is a V6 and has quad tips. I've seen one in the wild myself also, sounded pretty good.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #73
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Another positive note, looks like the rear diffuser does not take up half the bumper like 2014 refresh does.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #74
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
remember....

Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #75
Destructo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
remember....

I think the real head lights are actually under the camo. Notice the LED DRL's? They obviously have those worked out and in the bumper or grill. I highly suspect they have all the design worked out by this point.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #76
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
If it looked anything like a 2nd or 3rd gen, it would flop.

Nobody likes 2nd and 3rd gen Camaros, at least I don't. The best looking generations are the 1st and 5th, Chevrolet knows that, and I think they will hold true to making it evolutionary and moving away from this whole retro thing. It's going to look mostly like a 5th gen with some minor "evolutionary" changes, not revolutionary.

I also agree, that there certainly won't be quad head lights and you're only seeing cut outs in the camo.
Hey man, a lot of people including myself happen to love 2nd/3rd gens.
I would be really happy with a well executed 3rd gen styled 6th gen.
If it looked anything like this, I'd say it would be for from a flop.

IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #77
fradaj

Drives: RS
The #1 car seems to have a more pronounced lip on the lower front fascia.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #78
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Car #6 has a smaller diam. wheel with more sidewall than the others. It's not a tattletale, just throwing it out there.

The reverse mohawk does appear to have been padded underneath the camo...

Just eyeballing it, it does appear to be narrower and lower.

Congrats to the GM engineers on hiding the car in plain sight

Old 08-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #79
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Anyone else notice the yellow light in the mirror glass? Blind spot detection. So expect forward collision warning as well. Possibly even cross path detection?
Good catch
Old 08-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #80
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
[/QUOTE]

Things "seen"...or not, as the case may be:

1) The square-ish bulge below the side mirror, the length of the doors, is a decoy overlay. As is the ridge above the door bottom cutline. The wrap between the two bulges is "straight" to prevent style lines from showing through...

2) The under-wrap "nose" is obviously "oversized" in width AND in upper height. Deception rules...as well for what "grille" may/may not be present...

3) Varying (and smaller) wheels-tires, to me, is a GREAT thing. 17-18-19s, with similar OD but varying Aspect Ratios, suggests a range of drivetrain variants altogether in one "presentation". Smaller-than-20s is a weight-saver as well as a ride-enhancer. Less unsprung weight is GOOD.

4) Lower roofline suggests smaller proportions throughout. Windows still have some overlay, so their specific sizes (and therefore outward visibility and "airiness") is still not known...

5) Rear roofline STILL heavily camo'd. I expect final aero to be something between Gen-5 Camaro and Gen-6 Mustang...

I think, overall as I suspected, if you look at the ATS Coupe and add an inch or two to the nose, you'll be VERY close to Overall Length. Width and Height will closely follow...Width being greater on the Camaro, but not by much...

Now, we should ALL be enthused. Added features, revised drivetrains, smaller size/weight (but Goldilocks-correct!)...and Alpha architecture: WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN!

I like what you're thinkin', GM!

BTW, M-59 runs from I-94 (east), through downtown Pontiac, and out to I-96 (west)...within a few miles north of MPG. The photos shown are of that western 4-lane area of M-59...virtually due north of MPG...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #81
alan91z28

Drives: 82,85,88,88,89,91 Camaro,88TA,87GN
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
Hey man, a lot of people including myself happen to love 2nd/3rd gens.
I would be really happy with a well executed 3rd gen styled 6th gen.
If it looked anything like this, I'd say it would be for from a flop.

I agree there is a lot of love out here for 3rd gens. I have 8 nice ones myself including 2 that I bought brand new, all housed in a dedicated third gen garage I built. If this 6th gen gets down more towards 3rd gen size range and has some style hints I will definitely be buying several!

I know t tops are probably out as a factory option but I can already feel a mod in my future on a 6th gen
alan91z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #82
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I like the new mirrors.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #83
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Realize too that these could be decoys - disinformation designed to make us "think" we know what the 6th gen will be. Or not. :-)
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #84
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan91z28 View Post
I agree there is a lot of love out here for 3rd gens. I have 8 nice ones myself including 2 that I bought brand new, all housed in a dedicated third gen garage I built. If this 6th gen gets down more towards 3rd gen size range and has some style hints I will definitely be buying several!

I know t tops are probably out as a factory option but I can already feel a mod in my future on a 6th gen
Big fan of the 3rd gen myself. Can't wait to see this new car regardless of the direction it goes. In the meantime, post pics of said 3rd gen garage Alan91 to keep us busy
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation