Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #281
Tpimike

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS RRM Convertible
Let me start off saying I have a 2014 1lt Camaro. I would like to get into an V8 in a couple of years. The other thing I absolutely want is leather. To get a V8 and leather in a Camaro its almost $5k more than the Mustang. That's without checking any more boxes. Sure the Camaro may come with more standard features. But are they features that I want? This price difference is going to make me at least shop the Mustang.
Tpimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #282
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
That's a nice build. I am think of getting a 1SS with NPP and maybe Mag Ride if I think I can really notice the difference, which should get me OTD for under $40k.

How do you like the cloth seats? That is the only thing I am concerned about when going from my GEN5 2SS to GEN6 1SS.
Cloth seats are very comfortable to me and adjust to the temperature better. Look great as well. Buy it!
Quiksilver16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #283
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63falcondude View Post
Nice... I am biased for sure but I think you made the right choice!
Thanks man yea this is my first camaro since the LS1 era. It's a beast for sure we'll worth the money to me.
Quiksilver16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #284
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
the Camaro performs well and I tip my hat to it for that, but the fact that GM left no option for someone to get into a V8 for less than $39k is just too high, Ford allowing you to get into a GT at $33k is going to hurt camaro sales. The SS may be worth every penny from a content standpoint , but not everyone needs/wants/can afford the extra content.

hell I bought a GT premium and now in hindsight the extra coin on the premium package was most likely a waste...all I use is the leather seats, I have never once used Sync

My 1SS was sub 35K out the door. so I would say you are stretching it.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #285
SVTsupremacy

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
You're waaaay off on price difference. My 15 GT premium with performance package was $1500 less than my 2016 Camaro 1SS. The Canaro is one year newer, has A8 transmission, NPP exhaust, and MRC, the mustang did not have any of those options. Maybe you should actually negotiate a price before over inflating the actual cost for comparison.
Maybe you missed the part where I was comparing BASE cars...I'm not throwing numbers out like you. Ive BEEN negotiating on BOTH and have a local ford Dealer to $30,4xx for a Stripper GT (0 Options, TTL included with all current incentives + military +$750 brochure coupon)...The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I blieve I want the Camaro SS more, even if it means saving up a few more months and holding out for incentives and prices to drop. The best I've gotten a Chevy dealership down to is $36,5xx (OTD with conquest and a private offer, which I haven't even gotten yet)

Im well aware the SS is a nicer car and has more standard features...which is why im shopping for one. however, the ford dealerships have more incentives and wheel & deal MUCH more. My biggest problem is even finding a 1SS car to negotiate on. All the Northwest dealerships only have 1-3 cars, and most are V6 or Loaded through the roof 2SS cars.

Last edited by SVTsupremacy; 03-23-2016 at 05:42 PM.
SVTsupremacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #286
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
congratulations, but we were talking MSRP...you can get a base GT for under $30k if you work the dealer.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #287
SVTsupremacy

Drives: none
Quote:
Can you PM me how you pulled that off, thats a pretty saucy deal. Thats right where I want to be at with my budget.
SVTsupremacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #288
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
congratulations, but we were talking MSRP...you can get a base GT for under $30k if you work the dealer.
I've read the whole thread there are both prices. Mine was out the door BTW.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #289
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTsupremacy View Post
Can you PM me how you pulled that off, thats a pretty saucy deal. Thats right where I want to be at with my budget.
I had something like 1000 to 1500 on my GM card, Chevy game me 3000 more via gmac, I got 1800 plus off MSRP for being a professor (gm higher ed price via University). The dealer put on wheel locks, tint, cargo net, full tank of fuel but honored the MSRP. 34958 out the door or very close to that... I was cross shopping everything from a Miata to a Shelby, the additional 3000 from gmac and the higher ed price made this a no brainier. Basically game me the SS option for free.

When my Credit union called they wanted to know if I wanted the extra 4K or more put into my account from the approved loan, I was tempted as it was a "free" supercharger. But I figure I'd just get myself in trouble. I've since purchased a MSD intake manifold, Cat delete, tune and CAI.. on and rear tires cause the original ones kind of dispersed into the either.

Last edited by oldman; 03-23-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:22 PM   #290
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
I had something like 1500 on my GM card, Chevy game me 3000 more via gmac, I got 1800 plus off MSRP for being a professor (gm higher ed price via University). The dealer put on wheel locks, tint, cargo net, full tank of fuel but honored the MSRP. 34958 out the door or very close to that... I was cross shopping everything from a Miata to a Shelby, the additional 3000 from gmac and the higher ed price made this a no brainier. Basically game me the SS option for free.

When my Credit union called they wanted to know if I wanted the extra 4K or more put into my account from the approved loan, I was tempted as it was a "free" supercharger. But I figure I'd just get myself in trouble. I've since purchased a MSD intake manifold, Cat delete, tune and CAI.. on and rear tires cause the original ones kind of dispersed into the either.
Wow. Congrats on the awesome price on an awe inspiring vehicle.

Do you have any more info on the $3k from GMAC? Was that tied to the University as well? I haven't heard of this incentive before.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:31 PM   #291
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
Wow. Congrats on the awesome price on an awe inspiring vehicle.

Do you have any more info on the $3k from GMAC? Was that tied to the University as well? I haven't heard of this incentive before.
Nope just get it every year Jan to Feb an offer in email use whatever you have on your card at 3 percent and we will give you xyz, this year it was 3000 on Camaro and some trucks etc. I pretty sure everyone with a GM card gets something. The always ask what cars you are looking for so I guess they know what to offer you.. The University pricing was unique. But there are many such deals Military, Recent college grad et all. Heck even the Vette is listed.

https://www.gmeducatordiscount.com/i...QG4A&gclsrc=ds

current higher ed pricing is -1300 for a SS with no additional University specials, the pasted URL does not work... but you can play around with the general high ed pricing, more specific but not unique pricing requires a .edu email so borrow one from you kids.. You will need to show a higher ed ID when you go to buy it.... this is just for pricing.

Ford does not have a credit card, I had a subaru one for a while but they went belly up and sent me 1400 to use on any Subaru parts so I've been buying family memebers all sorts of Subaru stuff. I was thinking BRZ a few years back. I'm glad I kept my GM card. The last Camaro for me was a 1998 LS1, since then it has been Challengers and rice rockets.

I can't find the Camaro email by GM Credit offers look like this:

Credit union members receive special pricing on the 2014 Cadillac collection.
View in browser

Credit Union Member Discount from GM
Cadillac

REVEL IN IMPRESSIVE SAVINGS
ON 2014 CADILLAC VEHICLES

CLAIM YOUR SPECIAL PRICE >

Credit Union Member Discount from GM

A reminder that as a credit union member,* you can drive off in the coveted 2014 Cadillac vehicle of your dreams and at a distinctive, special price. Take advantage of this rare opportunity for exceptional offers on a 2014 Cadillac by January 5, 2015.

Visit mygmdiscount.com to see current offers that you can combine with this offer to make your total savings even more impressive. To see how much you'll save, build a vehicle with the exact features you want.

Getting your authorization number is easy:
• Sign in to mygmdiscount.com
• Choose "Obtain Authorization" and follow the prompts
• Print the authorization number and take it to a participating Cadillac Dealer by
January 5, 2015, to get the most from this stunning opportunity

CLAIM YOUR SPECIAL PRICE >

2014 CADILLAC ATS SEDAN

2014 CADILLAC ATS SEDAN

LEARN MORE >

2014 CADILLAC ELR

2014 CADILLAC ELR

LEARN MORE >

2014 CADILLAC XTS

2014 CADILLAC XTS

LEARN MORE >

Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac

*Must be a member of a participating credit union. A copy of the loan document used to purchase the vehicle, current statement or membership card from a participating credit union will be required as proof of eligibility at the dealership. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. Discount is available to members no matter where they finance their purchase. Must take retail delivery of a 2014 Cadillac model by 1/5/2015.

Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent by an automated system, which cannot respond to replies. Have questions or want to learn more? Read our Frequently Asked Questions or visit the Credit Union Member Discount from GM website at mygmdiscount.com.

You received this email advertisement from GM because you are a registered user of mygmdiscount.com.

Unsubscribe | Copyright & Trademark | GM Privacy Statement

General Motors | 100 Renaissance Center | 482.A00.MAR | Detroit, MI 48265

©2014 General Motors. All rights reserved.

Last edited by oldman; 03-23-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:15 AM   #292
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
So you got the car at MSRP, oldman, just incentives and GM card, correct?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:10 AM   #293
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
I think this article does a pretty good job of reviewing the SS and explaining why it is a great value and the best car in it's class- http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...tang/82065132/
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:54 AM   #294
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
So you got the car at MSRP, oldman, just incentives and GM card, correct?
I got the car for 1800 under MSRP or there abouts from a Higher Ed buying plan. I've posted the general link above. The rest were incentives. The dealer tossed in $500 worth of stuff as it was already on the car.