Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #29
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post

There's this one. It's kind of plain looking though.
What is the blue box?
Condoms?
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #30
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
What is the blue box?
Condoms?
LOL feeling horny man??? hahhaa... Its a pack of gum, STRIDE
Old 08-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #31
Sierraunit

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Auto shift lever

Not to long ago, there was a company out of NY that made a billet auto shift handle in which you pull up and move into gear...it was pretty damn sweet. Did a Google search, no luck has anyone seen this? Know the company info?

Thanks
Sierraunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #32
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post

There's this one. It's kind of plain looking though.
That is bad ass! With a few things changed it could be hot!

jdm
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 AM   #33
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
The Hurst shifter is not only a cosmetic upgrade, it provides a much firmer and solid shift. It may still be on sale directly from Hurst for 279.00 which is almost half price. You may not want to invest that much but it is the best and most attractive auto shifter you will find for the Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
The Hurst shifter is not only a cosmetic upgrade, it provides a much firmer and solid shift. It may still be on sale directly from Hurst for 279.00 which is almost half price. You may not want to invest that much but it is the best and most attractive auto shifter you will find for the Camaro
We "heard" you the first time , but tell me... how does a shift lever "provide a much firmer and solid shift"? An automatic transmission will change gears at the same shift points, regardless of the gear selector (stick) you have.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:55 AM   #34
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
I do not like the domed plastic cover that comes with our Camaros equipped with Automatic transmissions, so after I saw what another Camaro5 Member did by replacing the plastic dome with a leather shift boot from a manual transmission car I did the same. I ordered a leather ZL1 gear shift boot for my 2010 2LT/RS and swapped out the plastic POS for the leather shifting boot and the results I am very happy with and it looks a hell of a lot better.

Walt B.
This is a photo of what another member did to his A6. His name is Spyderbuddy . Personally, I'm fine with the factory shifter.

Name:  Shifter Boot.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  179.2 KB
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote