Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #113
H0peful1

Drives: --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerader View Post
What color is mojave?
It's that tan/orange color in the pic in post # 102.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #114
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
if anyone gets a hero card scan it and post it thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #115
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
Just another dark color option. WE NEED SOME BRIGHTER COLORS!! A nice candy apple red or metallic forest green (i know not brighter) brighter metallic blue. These grays, blacks, dark silver can be cool but how about some options for those of us don't want to be Stealthy!?!?
Here we go AGAIN. Look, I have been asking this same question for almost 3 freakin years. GM won't listen. Its: gray-silver-black-dark gray-white. Thats it besides red/yellow/dirty orange. Sorry, that's it. I quit asking. GM just says this is it...take it or leave it. I have left it. Way to go, GM. Morons.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #116
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
We have been screaming for a lighter blue for 2 years and GM refuses to give it to us. I don't get it.
THEY SAY THEY CAN'T SELL A BRIGHT BLUE. IT'S BULLSH!T. Don't bother to ask, its a freakin waste of time. Either buy what GM puts out on their limited color palette, or don't...like I have chosen to do. GM won't make a decent blue, so, I won't buy the damn car. Thanks alot, GM. They can make Synergy Green...but can't do a classic LeMans Blue...hmmm....that really makes sense, huh? GM is still run by morons.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #117
H0peful1

Some other car manufacturers let consumers pick any color from their full line for an upgrade fee (several thousand $). Having seen the GM paint chips, there are some colors in the line that'd look good on a Camaro. Seems like a good way to please customers with custom yet factory paint and to make some $ for GM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #118
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Apparently NOT available with 1LE, or much anything else. I also seem to notice it lacks that cool looking exhaust system and rear valance. Unless they're not telling something.

Quote:
Coupe Exterior section-Added (CCS) Dusk Special Edition, includes (GXH) Blue Ray Metallic exterior color, (N3L) 21" (53.3 cm) bright silver-painted wheels, (RGU) 245/40ZR21 front and 275/35ZR21 rear tires, (WRS) RS Package, (VYW) premium carpeted floor mats, LPO, Blue instrument panel molding and Blue interior door trim inserts. It is "A1" on 2LT with a footnote 1 that reads "Also includes (AOA) Dusk Mojave interior and (T43) rear spoiler. Not available with any other wheels, LPO wheels, stripe packages, (5V5/SB3) LPO spoilers, (5W8/VTD) Ground Effects Package, LPOs, (BRH/W1H) Interior Accent Trim Packages, (VAS) Body-color grille, LPO, (VRV) Quarter flares, LPO or (VTF) Embroidered center console, LPO." Also it is "A2" on 2SS with a footnote 2 that reads "Also includes (AOB) Dusk Mojave interior and (T43) rear spoiler. Not available with any other wheels, LPO wheels, stripe packages, (5V5/SB3) LPO spoilers, (5W8/VTD) Ground Effects Package, LPOs, (BRH/W1H) Interior Accent Trim Packages, (VAS) Body-color grille, LPO, (VRV) Quarter flares, LPO, (VTF) Embroidered center console, LPO or (1LE) SS Performance Package."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #119
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
DUSK edition is badass. Cannot wait to see this one in person. I like it better than the 1LE, at least for looks. That said, I still LOVE all-black ZL1 wheels, but otherwise I think this is a fantastic looking car.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #120
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
I wish GM would do a proper saddle colored interior.
They just wont do it.
Ford does great with the Western themed earth tones and BMW does them extremely well also.
GM must be afraid of being a copy cat. They try to do it but it always ends up as too yellow or in their case of red in other car lines too bold.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #121
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
So tell me again, what's the big deal about this car? Is it the fact that they've made it special by making it a limited edition? I mean it looks alright, but its not anything spectacular. I like the interior color however. That would look good with an IOM exterior. DO NOT like the wheels. They make it look like a Euro-racer.

But seriously, someone tell me why this one is such a big deal.
Not everyone's going to like every special edition we do.

Here's the good part: WE LISTENED TO OUR CUSTOMERS AND OUR ENTHUSIASTS! When the 'Dusk' appeared at various autoshows and events, we were besieged with requests to 'just build it!'

....so we did.......

Of note: the Mojave interior is more than just seat inserts in the Dusk Edition.

Something else to keep in mind: Just about every special edition has a bunch of nay-sayers - who, for the most part, change their minds when they see it in person. The 45th is a perfect example. when we showed pics, there was mass hysteria on this site......................

.................and yet some of people who shrieked the loudest then saw the car at Camaro5Fest II -- and suddenly did an about-face.

You may want to take a look at it in person and then make a judgement.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #122
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post
Some other car manufacturers let consumers pick any color from their full line for an upgrade fee (several thousand $). Having seen the GM paint chips, there are some colors in the line that'd look good on a Camaro. Seems like a good way to please customers with custom yet factory paint and to make some $ for GM.

Which ones??????
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #123
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Which ones??????
Hes most likely going to say a light blue scott lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #124
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
THEY SAY THEY CAN'T SELL A BRIGHT BLUE. IT'S BULLSH!T. Don't bother to ask, its a freakin waste of time. Either buy what GM puts out on their limited color palette, or don't...like I have chosen to do. GM won't make a decent blue, so, I won't buy the damn car. Thanks alot, GM. They can make Synergy Green...but can't do a classic LeMans Blue...hmmm....that really makes sense, huh? GM is still run by morons.
Sorry - but GM is not run by morons.

Please show me the last time that Bright Blue sold in volume.

I've addressed this time and time again.

I will never say we won't offer a bright blue - but at the moment we don't offer it.

We could offer 50 colors - and we'd still have people who would be upset (...although I think most people would be a bit more mannerly in their post.)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #125
H0peful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Which ones??????
Which manufacturers or colors? Btw, the Dusk SE! Nice work!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #126
H0peful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Hes most likely going to say a light blue scott lol
She.