Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #29
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
Pyro you just gotta dig huh? I do business other than car business. Not going to ruin a good customer relation because I was stuuupid enough to let them change my tires. You don't beat a dog for crapping on the floor if you don't let him out do you? I've been looking at v8 Camaros anyway so it may not matter. When I bought this car the dealer had the wheels refinished and they did a great job. Over a year on these crappy dirty roads and no chipping etc. Shame they did this to them.

Around this area there are more small mechanic shops than you can imagine, seems to be the thing here. Finding a good one is IMPOSSIBLE I've tried many. Same with the dealers, there are no trained professionals in these shops.
Well, maybe you can like give us a 5 or 10 square mile area of where this shop is located so we can all avoid it like the plague.

Bending over the pinch welds completely is pretty severe damage, almost criminal, when using a lift incorrectly on these cars. So, any info you can provide to help us all avoid this hack shop would be greatly appreciated.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #30
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
I bought one of these on ebay for like $5 or $10, works great on all my vehicles.
Attached Images

LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #31
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Pyro you just gotta dig huh? I do business other than car business. Not going to ruin a good customer relation because I was stuuupid enough to let them change my tires. You don't beat a dog for crapping on the floor if you don't let him out do you? I've been looking at v8 Camaros anyway so it may not matter. When I bought this car the dealer had the wheels refinished and they did a great job. Over a year on these crappy dirty roads and no chipping etc. Shame they did this to them.

Around this area there are more small mechanic shops than you can imagine, seems to be the thing here. Finding a good one is IMPOSSIBLE I've tried many. Same with the dealers, there are no trained professionals in these shops.
Just curious because these forums are here to help fellow Camaro owners out. If you want to air out your dirty laundry, go to Facebook and gripe in one of the many Camaro groups there. There's plenty of that on Facebook. Also, if you're going to buy a different Camaro anyway, what difference does it make? The mark on a wheel isn't going to drop the price of your car thousands of dollars on a private party sale or dealer trade in. Most people will just chalk it up to wear and tear and go on about it.

On a side note, if you're going to crap on a business for incompetency you probably shouldn't be relying on them for your livelihood. The whole "don't bite the hand that feeds you" sort of thing.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #32
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Thats your opinion, I didn't know you made the rules here. From now on i'll run everything by you 1st, OK?

Wait on second thought I don't care what you think, REALLY. Smoke that for while!
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #33
pyroguy

Apparently you do, you're still trying to get the last word!
Old 04-18-2020, 06:01 AM   #34
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
Cheap entertainment if nuttin' else here!!
Old 04-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #35
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
Cheap entertainment if nuttin' else here!!
Happy to help out!
Old 04-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #36
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
The pinch weld lift pads from zl1addons work great, theyre hard to miss and would avoid this issue.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/camaro-jack-lift-pads
Was wondering if you think these would be visible without having rocker guards.

I was going to buy the Red Ones but don't want them to stick out as I don't have rocker guards on my car.
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #37
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
My two cents on the Great Tire and Wheel debate of 2020. Typically I don't own a car long enough to have to get new tires but on those rare occasions when I have needed the service, I have always gone out, very politely of course, and requested a walk around with the shop lead or supervisor. Tactfully I point out the known issues of my car, scratches, dings etc and the fact that I am a very car oriented person. I even let them know that I am willing to tip or pay extra if he puts his best man on it. And I do. And well if it warrants it.

I'm not an ass and always approached every incident on an equal footing. I don't talk down, ridicule or otherwise be a d*ckhead about it. This approach has never let me down.

Just my two cents.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #38
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
You shouldn't jack from the rocker panels.

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 04-22-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:59 PM   #39
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
You shouldn't jack from the rocker panels.
They did this in the 4th gen days. I lost count on how many 4th gen Camaros I saw with front fenders bulging out from the bottom back in the day. Poor cars.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #40
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Unfortunately both sides are damaged, I'm looking at cars and as soon as the virus ban is lifted i'm buying something. Only takes one idiot is all I can say. Till I get the wheels and rockers repaired I'd have over 1000 in it and finding a shop that could do it right is impossible. I'd have worse than I have now, makes me LIVID!
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:17 PM   #41
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Thats your opinion, I didn't know you made the rules here. From now on i'll run everything by you 1st, OK?

Wait on second thought I don't care what you think, REALLY. Smoke that for while!
152ltrockin and power to love starting to come out again??? Couldn’t help but notice the reference to the Jeep in this. Just another similarity to add to the list. I’m confident these three accounts are all the same person. I’m calling bullshit on this whole thing. Not telling where you got screwed over?? Probably made up. Most normal people try to hook a brother up and avoid situations like this. Pyroguy is one of the best members here in my opinion as far as being friendly and helping people. No need to go after him for trying to help other people.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote