Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #43
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
If the other guys can make 412hp out of a 5L, I am sure GM can get 500hp out of a DI, variable valvetrain, 5.5-6.0L V8. With the future vette and camaro smaller and lighter 30mpg+ should be no problem. V8's in GM's performance cars will not be going away anytime soon.
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Since when have Corvettes always had V8s?? 1953,1954 and some of the 1955s had 150 hp sixes......
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #45
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
OH MY GOD! >_<
Are we SERIOUSLY bringing this rumor back?? BOTH of these rumors have been dispelled by GM and hell, by Transformers as well! GM has already said the C7 Corvette is not gonna be a mid-engine design, their reasons being that it would cost way too much to retool oh i dont know EVERYTHING about the construction process, and the other reason is that the Vette's current design actually handles just as well as any of their big time Euro rivals. Also GM has put millions of dollars into developing not only their current V8s, but their next-gen DI motors, WHY would they throw all that away right now for a turbo V6??

And how can you even take the pic of this Vette seriously?? Hasnt anyone seen the new C7 Stingray Concept? I mean yeah its just a concept but its still a reality, they've still actually designed and built it, and look at this rendered pic it looks EXACTLY like a C6 with a longer ass-end come oonnnn...

People seriously, enough with the stupid rumors okay?
HELL IT WAS THIS SITE THAT REPORTED THE STORY OF THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS!
COME ON!!

...this is soooo frustrating...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #46
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Taking away the v8 engines from chevy cars would basically be killing the brand in my eyes. Sure the new v6 might be turbo, and it might put out alot of power (maybe even more ) , but it wouldn't be the same.. What's next a 3.6L Avalanche in 2015? if there was I sure wouldn't buy it.. I don't know who would
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #47
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
If it happens, it happens. I am not for it or against it, I love the sound of an angry V8, but I also think V6's can make some of the most beautiful pitches I've ever heard. Listen to a G35 or Hyundai (yes, I said it) Genesis Coupe, beautiful sounds. We all know the end of V8's is coming, there are so many environmentalists that are cracking down on us V8 guys. If any American company starts with turbo V6's on their muscles, I sure hope it's GM, because I love setting the standard!
I agree if one company starts doing turbo v6s then they other manufacturers will follow. Lets enjoy the v8 while it lasts because I believe the days are truly numbered
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #48
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , 2010 Tahoe
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
ppl , hold on to your v8s it'll be rare in the future
Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #49
CamaroSSguy10

Drives: Impala SS and SS camaro on 24's
I think it's ugly.
CamaroSSguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #50
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
IMVHO, What is the point of haveing a Twin turbo V6 in the vette in comparison to a D.I. version of the LS3??? The TTV6 won't weigh any lighter, It would probaly have less HP. (Jay leno concept TTV6 camaro only had 425hp.) Also fuel economy would largely be the same, since the Gen V v8 will have better fuel economy than the Gen IV which already makes 26mpg hwy. It actualy seems to me the real reason some people want a TTV6 in the Vette is because of nostalgia against OHV V8s. Because the benifits of a TTv6 over the Chevy small block are virtualy NON-EXISTANT!! IMVHO.
Hey everyone! Listen to this guy, he's one of the few people ive seen here who knows what the hell they're talkin about LOL

So lets compare a TTV6 vs. a DI V8, mkay, well they both get the same gas mileage, they both weigh the same, the V8 sounds better, the V8 has a higher power cap, and who thought about this one...Lets say the TTV6 has 550 horsepower (i know, crazy, but hear me out), how much torque do you think it would have? The V8 would be faster just cause of the way higher torque rating, remember horsepower isnt everything...

And besides, if E85 takes off we'll have clean, American-based fuel, with a higher octane for increased performance...and besides the fact that V6s also put out pollution (believe it or not) animals and cows especially put out WAY more pollution than our cars anyways...we're not ruining our planet people, its just natural change, its happening now, its happened before, and it will always happen, we're not killing ourselves with our performance cars...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #51
footbalosu52
Banned

Drives: Silver fire-orange SS2
if some one wants a turbo v6 take the lt camaro and turbo it... muscle cars are muscle cars becuase of big ass V8's so i say no matter what happends in the future keep the V8's and all those people who want to supe up those little engines can go on and do it
footbalosu52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
EJWheelerIV
EJ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
How dare GM even think about changing according to the way society is heading. No corporation should ever have a buisness plan that looks more than 6 months into the future.

V6 or V8... who cares. If you only care about sound go buy a 1997 Chevy Corsica and punch some holes in the muffler. Everyone will look and see what kind of a car makes that loud bad @ss sound.

Seriously people get with the times... the V8 has its place but it needs to improve or be left behind. I want performance in every aspect not just sound. If the best engine available is a modified v6 ill take it.... especially if it leaves the 8 bangers in the dust.
EJWheelerIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #53
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJWheelerIV View Post
How dare GM even think about changing according to the way society is heading. No corporation should ever have a buisness plan that looks more than 6 months into the future.

V6 or V8... who cares. If you only care about sound go buy a 1997 Chevy Corsica and punch some holes in the muffler. Everyone will look and see what kind of a car makes that loud bad @ss sound.

Seriously people get with the times... the V8 has its place but it needs to improve or be left behind. I want performance in every aspect not just sound. If the best engine available is a modified v6 ill take it.... especially if it leaves the 8 bangers in the dust.
Your not makeing any sense Because the supposed benifits of a TTV6 in comparison to a D.I. Ls3 are non-existant!! see post #41.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #54
Quikzilver

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS,1970 Camaro RS/SS
1953 and 1954 Corvette only had the Blue Flame straight six as the motor. In 1955, the V8 became an option on the Corvette (side script of V8's had a golden capital V in the CorVette script, designating the V8). From 1956 on, they have been V8's only. In the mid 70's, GM showcased the AeroVette, which was a mid engine car and originally had a turbo charged V6. That was later swapped out for a 400 V8. When the C5 Corvette came out, it was rumored then that the C6 would be a mid engine car and possibly without a V8, but either turbo'ed or supercharged V6. Yes, the Corvette Forum was in an uproar about that idea. As for the design...yuck! It took me a while to accept the C5 Corvette's butt and the non-pop up headlights of the C6, but that concept C7...I would never get used to.
Quikzilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #55
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Do this and I'm jumping to Ford
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #56
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Well, I am kinda for both sides... I have a 2.0 liter AWD Talon that put down 755 hp and I truely love when the turbo kicks in. I say this but, and a big BUT at that, I LOVE the feel and sound of a V8 and I would think that Chevy knows this and will offer more options in the future for the Camaro. Look at the Skyline if you have never been for a ride in a real 6 cyl with a turbo that puts out more than 400 then you should find a friend that has one and you will not be disappointed. Trust Me.... If they offered both then I would drive the V8 and my wife the TV6 with the boost turned up...lol just my personal thoughts...

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote