Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
Stevew
Stevew

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS and 2012 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I don't understand why everyone complains about head room. My coworker is 6 foot 7 and drives a 2LT, he has plenty of room above his head. Do the seats in the lower models not adjust up and down?
I don't know. The only Camaro I have ever driven is mine. It's a 2012 2SS RS. It has a sun roof but I don't think that takes away from the head room. I am 6' 2".

Last edited by Stevew; 05-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Wet weight of 3400-3500. But I'm not holding my breath.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Since it's all opinions, figured I'd give mine on the suggestions given so far... My responses are in red in the quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
There a few things on the Camaro I would like to see improved for the sixth generation.

1) Move the darn Tach and Speedo down two inches so we can see them, and not have them blocked by the steering wheel. I can't believe this got put into production this way. Or you could just move your steering wheel up a little bit. I have no issues with the tach and speedo, though admittedly I leave the DIC on speed so I only look in the center for speed. Mine is a 1LS (manual) so I do look at the tach and I don't have issues.

2) Put calibration on the temp gauge - C and H just don't cut it. I can honestly say that's never even crossed my mind in the 1.5 years I've owned mine.

3) Move the other four 2LT gauges up where they can be seen. While I would think the 6th gen will have the gauges moved up anyway, you DO realize that they're located where they are for nostalgic reasons, right? Since the 5th gen was a modern interpretation of the '69 Camaro, the 4 pack gauges are in the center console for a reason... Since the 6th gen probably isn't going to be made as another modern retro of the 1st gen, I doubt the gauges would stay where they are.

6) Have the Driver Information Center dim with the rest of the guages. I'm positive that mine does...

7) Have independent user adjustable day and night brightness for the HUD, and make sure it dims down more at night. It's too bright for dark roads. I end up having to turn it off at night. Not being familiar with HUD, can't you dim it by turning the knob for the gauge cluster brightness? Sounds like it'd add a bunch of complexity with separate controls, electronics for it, etc...

8) Improve the trip computer (similar to what Ford did with the Mustang), where you have fuel economy, gallons used, time, distance, average speed. We already have average speed, a trip meter for distance, and average fuel economy. I guess having a running total of gallons used would be nice, but is it really a big deal?

9) Driver Information Center should have digital readouts for all the analog guages, such as volts, trans temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temperature. In fact, there is probably room to put all of them on one screen. I don't see the point in cycling through, just to see one value at a time. Since I'm a tech nerd, I love this idea. I really love the AeroForce (I think?) Interceptor gauges because of its ability to read all the sensors.

10) Backup camera should have guide lines. It should also have better low light performance (I've seen a lot better). Would be nice, and should be easy to implement since it's readily available on other Chevrolet models.

13) Put some more body structure in the car, to get rid of the shake on some freeways and roads. I thought the 5th gen is pretty firm, that just sounds like added weight and cost.

14) HID or LED headlights standard, ala Mustang. Sure would be nice, but added cost built in standard then...

17) Cut the road noise, so the Bluetooth actually works. Add noise cancellation. Haven't had any issues with my bluetooth and I use it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
21: Add splash guards front standard and optional rear from the dealer! Color matched too! YUCK, no thanks... a sports car should't come with mud flaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
Cup holders should be set back or moved to a different location so you can shift and have a drink in the holder
I really agree with this - I've been driving a Corvette for the past few days and they have the cup holders located perfect compared to the shifter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
-should be able to customize start-up and background screens lol really? Why?
-slightly lower stock ride height Seriously? Look at the pic at the bottom of this post -- stock ride height 5th gen compared to my 1994 Camaro with 1.5" drop springs and the 5th gen still looks more "slammed" than the 94 Camaro does...
Name:  130416-IMG_20130416_171834.jpg
Views: 37290
Size:  207.6 KB

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
1994 was 19 yrs ago man. I'm not comparing those clunkers to today's modern cars. Cars can be lower now and still maintain a decent ride and improve overall performance with a lower COG. no one likes a 3-4" wheel gap. As far as customizing the background and or start up screen..... Why NOT? Personalize it To say something about you or your car. It's another way to modify and make your own. It's silly you said......lol really? Why? You kidding me?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Quote:
You own a Camaro AND a Caddy, you are hereby NOT allowed to complain. LOL

250-300lbs is not a lot IMO, not for a ~3,900lb car
Put your GF on a diet, there' your 300# weight savings!
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
2) temp gauge - I agree, but it's not needed. Like most gauges, if they aren't in the "normal" range, something is wrong, regardless of whether you get a useable reading. All of the other gauges are numbered, then you get C & H. Should be consistent...unless they are trying to match the E & F.

7) the HUD already has it's own brightness control. I don't see your point here.

13) structure isn't the issue. riding differently on different roads is a tire issue.

14) HID's - as noted above, additional cost that many people don't want.

15) bluetooth - road noise doesn't affect bluetooth. Bluetooth is a data connection, outside noise, including road noise has no effect.

And yes, the center console needs some work. The cup holders could be moved. The safety brake cold be lowered. The Vette is a great example. Funny how they can get it right in one car, and totally miss the mark with another car.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #21
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
Put your GF on a diet, there' your 300# weight savings!
HA my wife is a 4'11" / 115 toned lbs of gymnastics coach that is 8 years my junior
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #22
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
HA my wife is a 4'11" / 115 toned lbs of gymnastics coach that is 8 years my junior
Lucky man.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #23
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
1994 was 19 yrs ago man. I'm not comparing those clunkers to today's modern cars. Cars can be lower now and still maintain a decent ride and improve overall performance with a lower COG. no one likes a 3-4" wheel gap. As far as customizing the background and or start up screen..... Why NOT? Personalize it To say something about you or your car. It's another way to modify and make your own. It's silly you said......lol really? Why? You kidding me?
Compared to those clunkers, though, the 5th gens have a much improved wheel gap. My 2012 Camaro is stock height, yet there's barely any gap. You'll never get a vehicle from the factory that wouldn't benefit from lowering springs. But compared to cars of "yester year" I'd say our 5th gens have a decent stance from the factory and doesn't look like a 4x4 like my 1994 Camaro did when stock.

The reason why I said why to the personalized startup screen is that it's just one more complexity that 99% of the people buying the cars wouldn't use or appreciate. And it's added cost, even if it's just a software update, there's more to it than just flicking a switch and allowing it to happen. Now you're talking about having a predefined folder which stores the startup and shutdown screens, access controls around those folders so it doesn't open the infotainment system up to an attack, excessive testing to make sure a user-defined startup or shutdown screen doesn't cause the system to crash, etc. As an example, I heard through an IT buddy that he was testing an infotainment system that let you put a name into some sort of input. If you used too many characters not only did it crash the infotainment system but it permently corrupted the hardware to the point that the system was bricked.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #24
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Seat belts need improved I am always unsnapping it so I half to reach behind me to find it
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
Bpw72

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible 2ss/rs
I use Bluetooth with top down going 70mph without any issues. Maybe there's something wrong with yours.
Bpw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
The reason why I said why to the personalized startup screen is that it's just one more complexity that 99% of the people buying the cars wouldn't use or appreciate. And it's added cost, even if it's just a software update, there's more to it than just flicking a switch and allowing it to happen. Now you're talking about having a predefined folder which stores the startup and shutdown screens, access controls around those folders so it doesn't open the infotainment system up to an attack, excessive testing to make sure a user-defined startup or shutdown screen doesn't cause the system to crash, etc. As an example, I heard through an IT buddy that he was testing an infotainment system that let you put a name into some sort of input. If you used too many characters not only did it crash the infotainment system but it permently corrupted the hardware to the point that the system was bricked.
As someone who designs interfaces constantly I have to say whoever programmed that was either stupid or incompetent.
I'm pretty sure if I parsed the files I could make something on my own to set a custom background screen.
I have a '12 so I can't experiment...
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #27
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
You own a Camaro AND a Caddy, you are hereby NOT allowed to complain. LOL

250-300lbs is not a lot IMO, not for a ~3,900lb car
300 lbs is a lot. 3,900 lbs is a shit ton.

Lose weight all around. If you want creature comforts, go Cadillac.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
300 lbs is a lot. 3,900 lbs is a shit ton.

Lose weight all around. If you want creature comforts, go Cadillac.
The content in what I said the 250-300lbs was originally used was that it was not a lot TO LOSE when the car weighs this much. I said 250-300lbs reduction was attainable and someone said that was a "sh*t ton" of weight. I disagreed

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation