Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #169
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
Blind spot monitoring. My wife's car (Mazda) has it and it's fantastic.

Standard rear view reverse camera. Again, my wife's Mazda has it.

NAVIGATION without a monthly fee. It's 2013!!!
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #170
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

Also - it adds a ton of weight.

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

I see some good stuff here....but a word of caution: I want you to think about the weight issue. How important is it? Remember -- the car must remain 'refined' as the 5th gen in terms of everyday use - and it must earn a 5-star crash rating. I bring this up because if you look thru the thread - there are many "lose weight!" followed by "Cooled seats" ( +weight!) "Cimate Control" ( ++ weight) "Hideaway headllights" ( + weight!) "T-tops" (++++++++++++++++ weight!) etc.

Take some time and think it thru............we're listening.

(...but while our engineers are amazing, they haven't yet figured out how to change the rules of physics......they're workin' on it...........but...........)
Hmm good point about the weight. Guess we'll just have to fix that with Horsepower!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #171
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

Also - it adds a ton of weight.

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

Agree with the fbodfather... Hide aways are a cool concept, but have too many negatives.

I actually think the HID RS lights are spot on. Great functionality, and make the car recognizable.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #172
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
fbodfather, thanks for posting your thoughts!

Many great ideas posted so far.

Weight target should be 3400 with a v8.

Continue the 1st gen theme, the next gen will be slightly smaller, and on a different platform so it will look different than our current car. Dont forget 1st gen cues are why the current car has been so successful.

I love my 12', but-

Slim the rear end a bit, current car has a "fat butt" look. 1st gen cars have that muscular, sporty look but have a simpler, lean feel too.

Front end- less pinched, less evil. Still sporty, but like the first gens, cleaner and leaner.

Paint durability, if europe can do it we can too. Strategiclly placed clear film another option.

LED lighting packages. Like the behind grille light bar vs actual hideaway lamps idea.

Updated interior electronics package (color graphics, HD screen(s), many guage display options) abllity to choose from ECM PIDS what to display in HUD or dash info center. C7 and current ZL1 come to mind here.
In dash shift light bright enough to work from peripheral vision.
Yes Fbodfather, auto climate control. A sensor or two and programing, worth the minimal weight gain.

Modern interior with minimal cues to previous generations.

Same LT1 v8 as vette option. No detuning.

No t-tops.

Hold the line on pricing, 35G for loaded v8 trim.

LT HO 4 or DI V6 engine options (sporty, fun, fast)
SS V8, sport suspension (affordable muscle) Mag ride optional?
Z28 V8, with manually adjusted shocks, track suspension (affordable, track capable)
ZL1 Blown or larger displacement V8 (650-700hp), mag ride (top dog)

Yes, the next gen is a huge challange. Keeping the car within weight targets without the use of carbon and other exotic materials that would drive the price up is difficult. Ok, we have to remember this is not a Corvette, but it better be lighter than the next Mustang.

If this is done and paired with these new DI V8s and trick V6's we will have another American Hot Rod that goes in the history books.
Team Camaro you have done a great job so far, LT and SS and esp. the 1LE and ZL1!

Last edited by tsnow; 01-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #173
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
but it better be lighter than the next Mustang....
Devil's advocate....if the Mustang is lighter (again...only this time, it's not as huge a difference due to earning an IRS), yet the Camaro is a solidly-build vehicle and the Mustang is a comparably flexy car....how would you feel?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #174
70camaro
What would Waylon do?

Drives: orange 1970ss & yellow 2010ss
Bring back the z28
70camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #175
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #176
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

Just a hypothetical I wanted to raise.

The 5th gen is one of, if not the most structurally rigid chassis GM has ever produced. The Mustang doesn't even come close to this. And you can tell by the weight difference. If history repeated itself...with a smaller difference...I'd still be pretty happy. Especially if we end up on the ATS version of the Alpha platform...that formula can/will produce a 3300-3500 lb car. I4 => V8
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #177
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
paint quailty(currently BAD)
Digital gauges and spedo cluster
folding mirrors with leds
led taillights
customizeable HUD
optional factory performance options
magnectic ride option on all v8&v6 models
v6 twin turbo
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #178
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Wow some of you guys are quite unrealistic with your wish list.

I'd like to see a 6th gen SS with:
- Less than 3600 lbs
- LT1
- 7-speed manual w/rev matching
- Brembo brakes
- At least a 275 width tire
- 1SS Base price of less than 35k

The rest is just details. Hopefully that's not too much to ask.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #179
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Don't let the legal department build the car!!!!
If its fast its bad ass, bad ass sells

The only thing that irritates me unreasonably so is the cup holder. If you have a m6 they are useless. They need to be deeper so you can actually shift the car with a cup of coffee.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #180
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
make a camaro version of the "z07," package

more carbon fiber and/or stripper version

make the car visually as/or more menacing than the '13 and newer gt500

racing seats

better looking exhaust tips

corvette exterior door handles

launch control that will out launch any driver

Last edited by 7CAMARO7; 01-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.
7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #181
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.
I seriously doubt that Ford is going to let the Mustang gain weight... IRS doesn't automatically mean it will be a heavier car. It's pretty much a given that the car is going to be shrunk down a bit (and that alone will help with weight), will it be 100, 200, 300, 400 pounds? Only the engineers know but I'm sure they will make it stiffer too. I seriously doubt it will be anymore than 300 across the board though. The word is that it is going to be on a S197 2.0, so they just have to improve on the current chassis which after 10 years you can pretty much ensure they know what to fix...

I seriously doubt that the 6th Gen Camaro will be significantly lighter than the 5th Gen Mustang. The V6 ATS is within 100lb's of the current Mustang so possibly 50-100 LBS's less for the Camaro (just guessing)...

It's more than anything with the next gen's going to come down to a few things:
1. Fanboyism/Brand Loyalty
2. Which Car is Personally Better Looking/Fits the Buyer Better (Subjective Obviously)
3. Which is Cheaper
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #182
JBruno88

Drives: 1LT/RS
Where do I start... Weight is obviously first, less than 3500lbs would be great. A functional sun visor would be nice. Factory paint with out nearly as much orange peel as on the 5th gens would be a really nice upgrade too.
JBruno88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation