#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #141
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Oh my...guys, I need some serious advice here. I just got my VIN on my 2SS a last week. The dealer will be pissed I'm sure if I don't take delivery. Realistically, could I swing another $20k to get this? Yes. What should I do?

My brain is telling me to stick with my order (possibly lease the SS now) and grab one of these in 2 years used. My heart is telling me to not accept delivery of my SS and order this instead. I have a feeling anyone ordering a new one of these will be paying sticker.
You already have a VIN. This Z isn't even in production yet and won't even start showing up until late Fall (Dec) earliest if you're lucky. Realistically, you're looking at this time (back to Jan/Feb) of 2017 before you'd get one -- unless you got in the order banks way early and got one that missed any QC holds and then you've got a car like this dropping right in winter which, in CT, you're looking at it in a garage until this time anyways.

Personally, I'd say keep the SS since it's already at VIN -- Or, if you're serious, talk to your sales person and see how easily they think they could lot it and sell it. This way, you can have a discussion about it before you cancel the order and play the waiting game another year.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #142
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Killer car, can't wait to see it in person!
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #143
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
You already have a VIN. This Z isn't even in production yet and won't even start showing up until late Fall (Dec) earliest if you're lucky. Realistically, you're looking at this time (back to Jan/Feb) of 2017 before you'd get one -- unless you got in the order banks way early and got one that missed any QC holds and then you've got a car like this dropping right in winter which, in CT, you're looking at it in a garage until this time anyways.

Personally, I'd say keep the SS since it's already at VIN -- Or, if you're serious, talk to your sales person and see how easily they think they could lot it and sell it. This way, you can have a discussion about it before you cancel the order and play the waiting game another year.
I know but, I'd be paying the depreciation on a new SS just to drive it for a season (factoring in winter on that as well). I thought leasing it might be better, but if you've got the cash to buy it, you're better off selling it vs. the residual. I'm just guessing this will cost around $20k more than a 2SS. Factoring in the luxury tax on cars over $50k here, I'm going end up eating almost the equivalent of another SS just to get this car. There is so much want here, but it's a big pill to swallow when you start to think about it.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #144
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
2 year lease. Either go ZL1 then or, simply, upgrade to an '18 SS.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #145
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I know but, I'd be paying the depreciation on a new SS just to drive it for a season (factoring in winter on that as well). I thought leasing it might be better, but if you've got the cash to buy it, you're better off selling it vs. the residual. I'm just guessing this will cost around $20k more than a 2SS. Factoring in the luxury tax on cars over $50k here, I'm going end up eating almost the equivalent of another SS just to get this car. There is so much want here, but it's a big pill to swallow when you start to think about it.

Well, guess it all depends on your lease terms. Some of them are nice with lower monthly terms, but you have the multiple thousands upfront. I've never leased personally, so I can't help you there. You'd just have to see what your purchase out the door price would be and compare to what your lease down payment would be -- unless you can swing a 0 due at signing lease.

It could end up that short term leasing would hit you just as much as buy/trade.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:59 AM   #146
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
theres some cool info on the Chevy website.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1.html#

Carbon Fiber dash insert

Old 03-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #147
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
KABOOM!

10 speed auto....nice.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #148
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Lease is a bad idea if you have the $ to buy. You just look at the residual vs. the depreciation. I wouldn't lease either unless I've made a mistake in my math.

It all comes down to whether or not you would accept delivery if you had an SS coming to you in a few weeks.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #149
LionMaro

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
That thing is bad ass. It's going to be hard to pass it up. I might just have to stretch myself for this one.

Is the 10 speed going to be in all 2017 V8 auto Camaros?
Hey Eric,

No, the 10 speed will not be in all 2017 V8 Camaros, but you wont have to wait much longer.
LionMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #150
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
GM has a hit on their hand if they keep the price in the low to mid $60K range.

I'm just concerned they are going to price it around $70K like the Z28.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #151
mikystyle
Check your Pants

Drives: 2013 ZL1 "Beast"
Ugh, I was hoping I would hate this car, not the case. Just don't like the rear ZL1 badge placement, looks like they played pin the tail on the donkey... And missed.
Most likely leasing options won't be available on this car, could be wrong but my area no dealer would offer lease options on the ZL1 or corvette.

'13 ZL1
Root-fab
JBA Catless Mids
mikystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #152
Rampant

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula WS6 455ci LS7
The hideous wing is back. Booooo. The 1LE looks far better at the rear with the spoiler. I like the hood and interior. The front grill?????

Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #153
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Over, it looks pretty damn good, and should perform amazingly...

But, personally, I am not a fan of a TEN speed automatic. While the extra gears will allow somewhat better ratios, and better MPG's, it's just overkill in my opinion. Even BMW engineers said automatics are getting overly complex with this many gears. I just wonder about all those parts, all that shifting, etc, etc. On a short course track, or autocross it's going to be shifting a lot...which will negate any real gains, and will generate more heat. I will reserve final judgement until I read more and more so drive one, but I'd rather they put the A8 in it...

Some other thoughts. The wheels aren't as nice as the SS 1LE wheels in my opinion, and the sound is not what I was expecting. The whine of the supercharger is fantastic, but the exhaust sounds too raspy, not deep enough for my taste.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 03-16-2016 at 07:57 AM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #154
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
OMG...this ZL1 is sexy on 4 wheels
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote