Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #29
TheAbyss

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
This was cool, dense night air (Maybe 50F) at about 900 feet above sea level. Tires were well-worn stock Goodyears. NO launch control. Sport mode, competition mode engaged. I've had my best results holding about 2k-2200 rpm, with a quick, full clutch release and full throttle as soon as the rpms are pulled down from the clutch release, with a no-lift 6kish shift to second.

And full disclosure: I can't nail this consistently. I might turn right around on the next attempt and go 4.0+, or even 4.5 in the same conditions. The timing is very elusive. But the mostly full tank of fuel weight, plus the random dozens of pounds of extra everyday crap in the back seat and trunk make me believe I could better this by a tenth or two.
Thank you. I'll try it how you did it tomorrow and report back.
TheAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:02 AM   #30
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Quote:
I've practiced 0-60 some in my SS, this is my best result yet.

Bone stock.
Holy %&$@!!! That is BIG time whether or not that timer is 100% accurate. I am jealous. That is a full second faster than I will ever see up here in the MileHigh city. There are so few cars that fast to 60mph and extra props to you for managing that with a 6Spd. You are so much cooler than if you had done that with an A8. Cheers to you.
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #31
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2SS View Post
Holy %&$@!!! That is BIG time whether or not that timer is 100% accurate. I am jealous. That is a full second faster than I will ever see up here in the MileHigh city. There are so few cars that fast to 60mph and extra props to you for managing that with a 6Spd. You are so much cooler than if you had done that with an A8. Cheers to you.
Thanks, I was very happy with it. As I was saying though, if I could get more consistent, I would be ecstatic.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #32
TRBLSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1SS Hyper Blue
Tried 0-60 timer for first time in my A8 with about 10000 miles and got a best result of 4.5 seconds. Want to see if I could better my time because I did this with another person in car and luggage in the trunk.
TRBLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #33
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
I've practiced 0-60 some in my SS, this is my best result yet.

Bone stock.
Mine will be pretty inconsistent as well about +/- .4 seconds. I haven't gotten much test time though. That's mostly using launch control, although I have gotten almost 3.9 without launch control of I remember right. Tire prep sems to matter and if you burn out and warm the tires up before. I'm trying to get to the track to see, but I'm still on the stock Goodyear's with just e85 I don't think I've cracked 3.9 yet here at 800ft but I have done 3.9 at Sea level.

Also you've got to make sure you're on level ground or you're cheating haha

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #34
Oil Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post

Also you've got to make sure you're on level ground or you're cheating haha

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Hell, I had to make sure I was on level ground, or the timer would start running as soon as I released the brakes..
Old 06-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #35
Hawk Fan

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Hell, I had to make sure I was on level ground, or the timer would start running as soon as I released the brakes..
how much do you weigh?
Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 AM   #36
Oil Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Fan View Post
how much do you weigh?
About 290
Old 06-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #37
Hawk Fan

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Camaro
Quote:
About 290
yeah I don't understand how you're getting that time with a bone stock Camaro. You must have got a good one! All the tolerances just right, etc. Plus, it sounds like you know how to drive on top of it!

Good job!
Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #38
Oil Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Fan View Post
yeah I don't understand how you're getting that time with a bone stock Camaro. You must have got a good one! All the tolerances just right, etc. Plus, it sounds like you know how to drive on top of it!

Good job!
I don't think I suck at it, but I don't claim to be awesome either. I definitely used to be better, had quicker reactions, etc.

And like I said, conditions were close to perfect. Cool, dense air, close to sea level, etc. And the touch required to back it up consistently is VERY elusive. I made several more attempts that night, but the best I could do was a 3.9 and a 4.0, with plenty of 4.5s in between.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #39
Stryfe
Make America Fast Again

Drives: 2016 HBM 1SS - M6
Quote:
I don't think I suck at it, but I don't claim to be awesome either. I definitely used to be better, had quicker reactions, etc.

And like I said, conditions were close to perfect. Cool, dense air, close to sea level, etc. And the touch required to back it up consistently is VERY elusive. I made several more attempts that night, but the best I could do was a 3.9 and a 4.0, with plenty of 4.5s in between.
Dang! I thought I was doing well with my 4.2s 0-60 haha.

I use the same technique you do. I don't use launch control at all.
Stryfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #40
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Got my best times to date.....
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #41
Oil Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Got my best times to date.....
Bad ass.

I still think about how rare and expensive and usually un-streetable it was back in the day to see a car that could turn in a 11.20 on street tires. The cut-off point for practical street cars was about 13 seconds. Anything that went faster than that was sacrificing comfort, reliability, ride quality, practicality, probably safety and a lot of cash.

And now, here we are. Pretty freaking amazing.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #42
HalfMoon

Drives: '18 JLU Rubicon, '19 Golf R
Quote:
Bad ass.

I still think about how rare and expensive and usually un-streetable it was back in the day to see a car that could turn in a 11.20 on street tires. The cut-off point for practical street cars was about 13 seconds. Anything that went faster than that was sacrificing comfort, reliability, ride quality, practicality, probably safety and a lot of cash.

And now, here we are. Pretty freaking amazing.
No way...... didn't you hear all the stories from the older guys that bought a showroom stock Chevelle SS in 1968 and went right to the track where on the first pass it pulled the wheels 14" off the ground and promptly turned a 10.30 ET while burning out all the way down the track??

I heard those stories so many times in the 80's and 90's from guys telling me my Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes were "not fast". I think most of those guys have died or changed their tune these days as I haven't heard that stuff since the mid-90's.

Most of the now older guys give me nothing but compliments on my 1LE and my Z06. Getting gas often becomes a 30 minute ordeal and a mini-car show/review, but I am always happy to oblige for anyone that is really interested in the cars..
HalfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote