Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #57
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
4th year refresh on the Mustang, due to bad sales as well?

Interesting the logic is completely opposite for two companies doing refreshed on the same cycle.
I don't know, but I like the stang's facelift.

Well, maybe, they do it not because of the low sales, but because of the bad reaction about the styling. Tail lights, bumper, spoiler etc....
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #58
Brigante

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Lol. Ok. I guess you just know this like it's fact right?

Nevermind the mustang sold very well and it is also having a big refresh 3 years after its 6th gen was replaced.

I guess all the compliments I've gotten from strangers is really just them feeling sorry for me. Yeah that must be it.

Looks are subjective....that's that.
For sure, it is subjective. I just tell my opinion... Btw, same goes to the C7. Lovely front, strange rear Imho. Hope, they will return to the round tail lights next time.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #59
Brigante

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Yeah, heaven forbid they make the car look like every other on the road. Squinty narrow headlamps with LED accents, small grill openings, hyper-angry fish-like design. Maybe even rear lamps that look like they came from a Toyota.

I agree. The top half of my post, for people who didn't catch it, was sarcasm because it describes how the car already presently looks. I think almost anything they do at this point, especially to the awful rear end, would be an improvement. I'm not so sure its for sales, but I'm happy either way at the possibility of something different.

Unlike the 5th gen, the 6th gen didn't have the same immediate "wow" factor to me. I still get excited when I see a pre-refresh 5th gen approach in my rear view with those menacing halo lights, like a jaguar ready to pounce. The car looks like an angry muscle car with clean lines that came straight out of the future. When I see a 6th gen, it takes me a while to mentally process and identify it from another make. Some people on these forums admit to "warm up periods" for the 6th gen, but that's not happened for me. As options rolled out like the blade spoiler, I see some good examples of ways to artfully mask some of its ugliness, but I'd definitely like to see the base car get some restyling.
++ That's true. But I'm sure some little details can change the looks. The rear is awful indeed, but different tail lights, bumper/spoiler will make a huge difference. The front is ok, but I'd love to see the full led headl ights.
Nobody has noticed my post about the fnr-x concept. Maybe, Camaro will get some stuff from it? Look at the tail lights, I think they would look pretty good. What do you think?
The main thing is that they know that people are disappointed,so I guess they know what to do.
Doub't they are stupid enough to make that kind of facelift that we saw on the gen 5...

P.s. The prvious gen looks much more balanced.

And look how the quarter window is beautifully integrated.
It is bigger and looks much better imho.

Last edited by Brigante; 05-27-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #60
Brigante

And I don't understand why they keep the same front for the zl1? :(
Old 05-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #61
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
To me, the SS 1le is the only one that has the right look. Even then, larger side glass including the rear side would go a very, very long way. And a whole new shape for taillights.

I hope they learned their lesson for 7th gen.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This thread has turned into nothing more than people saying why they like this or that about the 5th or 6th gen. That's fine, but it really is pointless to actually try and convince anyone else why the car they favor doesn't look as good as something else.

You could show me pictures of the 5th gen versus the 6th gen all day (not that I don't already know the design of each extremely well) and I will always pick it like this: 6th gen has a better looking and aggressive front end. Side profile is basically equal in my mind, and the rear end, I'd probably give the overall win to the 10 - 13 Camaros over the 6th gen. That said, I really love the LED "swoops" of the 6th gen in each taillamp...its just the outside shape of the lamp I don't care as much for. A couple aftermarket or GM mods, and the rear looks great in my opinion.

Someone mentioned earlier that the 5th gen had more "WOW" factor when launched. Well I'd agree 100%. I was one of the first in my area to have one...it got attention galore. But that's b/c it was like driving a concept car on the road. There was nothing like it.

For the 6th gen, GM played it "safe" and went with a design similar to the 5th gen, although the car is actually changed in every way. They went that direction b/c sales on the 5th gen we still "good" (outselling Mustang almost consistently for years and years) and their marketing research told them that owners wanted them to keep the 6th gen similar. So who can blame them for going the direction they did? It just makes sense.

Hard to say how well the refresh might turn out, but I hope for the best.

As for the 7th gen, assuming we get one (and I think we will) I'm going to expect an entirely new design for sure.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #63
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

I hope they learned their lesson for 7th gen.
Whos to say there is a lesson to be learned??
Old 05-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #64
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I hope they ditch the nostril extractors on the hood and go with something like the 5th gen refresh or even the current ZL1.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #65
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
For the love of Pete - don't mess with ZL1's front end GM. It's SO NASTY. I LOVE IT, LOL.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #66
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
front reminds of the 4th gen styling...not feeling it.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #67
HighGs

Drives: Volvo XC60R, VW Eos, Fiat 500e
It's just too hard to tell. I prefer the shape of the current rear bumper. The camo makes the hood look like a barret sitting on top. It's not integrated to the shape of the new fenders. With the engines they are stuffing in there, they can't drop the height of the hood very much. I think different may be a more realistic styling goal than better, change for the sake or change.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #68
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
The refresh helped the 5th gen as the taillights were awful on the early 5th, but thr front was only a minor improvement. I really, really don't like the 5th. Outside the early 4th gen, it's the worst of all Camaros.
You sir are quite delusional. 334,506 1st 5thGens up to the end of 2013 calendar year, sales dropped for 2014 refresh and further for 2015. FYI the tail light refresh was not widely received. And according to GM Auth, sales didn't improve for the all new 2016 Camaro. The 2nd lowest consecutive year. Hmm
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:56 PM   #69
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
If the Camaro existed in a vacuum then just looking at its sales data, also some of your sales data might be wrong....

2009: 61,648
2010: 81,299
2011: 88,249
2012: 84,391
2013: 80,567
2014: 86,297
2015: 77,502

BTW for 2015 there was a new Mustang on sale which certainly impacted Camaro sales, so no the 2014 refresh didn't ruin 5th generation Camaro sales....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #70
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
And I don't understand why they keep the same front for the zl1? :(
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote