Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #57
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Or perhaps I'm not drinking the koolaide that the dealer is serving and you are happily sipping up.

There's a difference between what we expect the dealer to do (we expect them to be liars, greedy, and manipulative) and what we think they should do. The argument here is about what "should be" not what is.

Either way, the decision isn't up to the dealer and what they intend to do. It's on the buyer and their ability to decide to pass up on the car with 200+ miles and get the exact same thing elsewhere or even at the same dealer that reflects what they believe a "new car" should be.
No worries, anyone that can get the dealer to sell their 200 mile lot car for KBB resale...more power to you. I suppose no dealer should ever let anyone test drive a car...cuz you know..it's now used.

It's fine if someone would rather order a new one or get one that hasn't been test driven...I mean, who wouldn't. I just don't think the expectation should be that it is now a used car cuz a few people took it for a test drive.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #58
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
No worries, anyone that can get the dealer to sell their 200 mile lot car for KBB resale...more power to you. I suppose no dealer should ever let anyone test drive a car...cuz you know..it's now used.

It's fine if someone would rather order a new one or get one that hasn't been test driven...I mean, who wouldn't. I just don't think the expectation should be that it is now a used car cuz a few people took it for a test drive.
they should have floor models (demonstrators). Nobody is saying you shouldn't test drive a car. You dont have to allow people to test drive the exact car they may buy. I can test out stuff at stores, I dont buy the tester though. I go to a box with the exact same thing and buy that. No difference with cars. If i have two cars with the same options, test driving one is going to be the same as test driving the other, there's no need to make both available for test driving.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 PM   #59
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
200 miles of "test drive" is quite a bit. i would say take the car around a few blocks would equal about 4 to 5 miles per test drive.

200 miles is not used but more in the category of "demo".
Old 05-26-2017, 02:37 PM   #60
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Idk if it's me but I think you guys are pretty harsh on the 200 miles on a car. You have to take in to consideration how long the vehicle has been sitting there on the lot. My car was built 10/14/2015 and it was originally shipped from a dealership that was 60 miles away from the one I'd purchased from ( Was told someone wanted the car in Red Hot and found out its too much red for them and they opted for Hyper Blue). Then on top of that the dealership i bought mines from was like in the "corn fields" so long back roads if people want to test drive. So I can see how mines has 210 miles on it. I put 10 miles on it myself before the purchase which was 5/6/17.

Last edited by Blackmonba6Gen; 05-26-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added purchase date
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #61
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
I would say be concerned to a point but very diligent upon inspection to make sure everything is noted,i bought my lt/rs with 55 miles and it had some curb rash on one wheel and a blown dash speaker,i noticed the rash 5 minutes after taking delivery and immediately called the salesman who made an appointment to have it fixed the following week,i havent had the speaker issue corrected since its in the dash i imagine it'll take a few days and havent wanted to leave my car for an extended stay. The last issue was there was a gouge on the bottom of one of the rocker panels that i didnt notice until about 1500 miles later when i did the first oil change and got under the car,either someone went over a curb or possible transport damage
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #62
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Ditto Blackmonba!!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #63
phusebox

Drives: Camaro
Hey all, thank you for all your suggestions and words. I decided this is the car I want, and the 171 miles weren't going to bother me in the long run. MSRP was $46.5, and I was able to get them down to $40. They were at ~$41 last week and I walked out. After hours of negotiation, I realized they weren't going to budge any further even if I walked. I got an extended premium warranty for a steal as compensation for the miles. After trade + cash down, the loan was for ~$32 @ 2%. I thought I did OK and I'm comfortable. The car's been a blast so far. Thanks again everyone.

phusebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:00 AM   #64
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Love the color!! Looks like you did real good on that deal Phusebox! Congratulations and enjoy your new SS!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:42 AM   #65
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
and that's fine. Nobody is really saying that the car is damaged goods because it has 200 miles on it. Just that it's not really new and shouldn't be treated as such.
"New" can mean whatever someone wants. I'm sure the dealer will stand-by that the car has not been registered and is therefore "new".

Moot point now, OP got his car, and loves it, and in the end that's all that really matters.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:55 AM   #66
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phusebox View Post
Hey all, thank you for all your suggestions and words. I decided this is the car I want, and the 171 miles weren't going to bother me in the long run. MSRP was $46.5, and I was able to get them down to $40. They were at ~$41 last week and I walked out. After hours of negotiation, I realized they weren't going to budge any further even if I walked. I got an extended premium warranty for a steal as compensation for the miles. After trade + cash down, the loan was for ~$32 @ 2%. I thought I did OK and I'm comfortable. The car's been a blast so far. Thanks again everyone.

Nice job on cinching the deal, car looks awesome, enjoy!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #67
Bad_Habit

Drives: 17 2ss m6
Congrats
Bad_Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #68
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Congratulations! Time to sit back and enjoy the bowtie!
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #69
edillen1

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS
Just bought my Ceramic SS WITH 300 on the odo. No concerns here. Thing runs like a top.
edillen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #70
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Just enjoy the car, don't worry about things. Looks good!