Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
WonkaStyle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Fifty rear bowtie removal

I was wondering if anyone has removed the rear bowtie from their 50 edition? I'm thinking about debadging the rear and keeping the fifty vinyl. Just wondering if anyone has done this and did you run into any issues removing the bowtie on the vinyl?
WonkaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonkaStyle View Post
I was wondering if anyone has removed the rear bowtie from their 50 edition? I'm thinking about debadging the rear and keeping the fifty vinyl. Just wondering if anyone has done this and did you run into any issues removing the bowtie on the vinyl?

Where you get into the trouble is people get impatient. They rip it off before it's ready to come off. Get a small bottle of Googone , get a medicine dropper. And marinate the badge every 10 minutes for an hour. It'll literally fall off in your hands .....clean up with soap and water.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I removed mine last week - to replace it with a black bow tie. Patience is the key. I warmed it up with a blow dryer and GENTLY used dental floss back and forth under the bow tie (should have used fishing line but did not have any). Once removed, I used 3M adhesive remover to remove the excess adhesive. It took less than 10-minutes.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Just keep in mind the badge is installed over that black vinyl which isnt as durable as paint.
jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
WonkaStyle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Goo Gone and patience worked like a champ! Thanks guys.
WonkaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #6
Grandpawmoses

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
There was a thread about this a while back. And while I'm basically too lazy to look for it, it might be a help to look it up. If I remember correctly, some said the decal does not extend under the bowtie. Again, that's if I remember correctly.
Grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #7
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpawmoses View Post
There was a thread about this a while back. And while I'm basically too lazy to look for it, it might be a help to look it up. If I remember correctly, some said the decal does not extend under the bowtie. Again, that's if I remember correctly.
It absolutely does, I just did mine
jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote