Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #113
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Late, but cool - See Doug's yellow Gen SIX w/ a rental LT/RS, and our own Argenteus, a "Z21LE" (). So glad to see you and Glen, Doug - thanks for stopping by Buffalo!

Name:  IMG_5192.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5193.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  116.8 KB
Old 10-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #114
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think it's here already!

No rattles at all. Fit it fairly good all the way around but I just don't like where the front of the door connects to the dash. It's off a tiny bit. Other than that, I see no major issues. A couple lines were off on the dash above the cluster (gaps a tiny bit larger on one part than on the other.

Dude..you will have plenty of room, but that seat will be all the way back and no one will be able to fit behind you. But you will be comfy for sure.

Yeah....well...they won't fit back there...lol. You can try but there won't be much room t all.

Not sure if this is 7" or ...hold on. Ok. Downloading android auto now so it'll hook up to the car. Let's see what happens!

Materials are nice but the fit is a tiny bit off in a couple of spots. Up at the front where the door meets by the dash, it's off on both sides by just a tad. I'm sure they'll fix that for final production, though.
The leather used on the doors is premium...like, I LIKE it. The seats are comfy as hell and great on the long ride. While kinda firm, are soft enough that I"m not squirming around trying to get comfortable. And they hug you, too.

Will do. Going to try to hook up here in a couple minutes.

You are. You had the chance to drive one of these and you passed....PINCHE!!!
Awesome...thanks for the analysis. Maybe those gaps are from pre-production models only, hopefully!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #115
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Wheels! Can you get the specs on the wheels. Offset? Backspacing? Bolt pattern/spacing?

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #116
SSport16

Quote:
They also changed the trunk fob to wear instead of pressing and holding to open your trunk you must press the trunk button twice consecutively in order to open your trunk. Nice.
Yeah GM started doing this in other cars as well I have noticed...it is nicer that way.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #117
SSport16

Glad I will be using the charging pad.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #118
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Quote:
Now if I could only find a place to put my cell phone while driving. If I put it in the door handle handle,, it will fly out the back and into the back seat floor board where I can not reach it until I stop and get out of the car. The center console isn't that great of an area for it either. Seriously, trying to find a spot sucks.
Looks like it's going to be one of these on the passenger knee bolster...

--kC
Old 10-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #119
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Yup, Ram X-grip to the rescue. One in every car. I made a piece of 2x4 and stained it, to fit in the wife's ash tray of her Lexus, came out pretty damn nice. For my truck and sedan I just use Ram's window mount cause I don't give a f*ck how it looks.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #120
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Wheels! Can you get the specs on the wheels. Offset? Backspacing? Bolt pattern/spacing?

--kC
Bolt pattern is 5x120mm. 18" wheels (frt and rear) are 32mm offset, 20" front wheels are 25mm offset, 20" rear wheels are 39mm offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #121
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Awesome.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #122
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Yup, Ram X-grip to the rescue. One in every car. I made a piece of 2x4 and stained it, to fit in the wife's ash tray of her Lexus, came out pretty damn nice. For my truck and sedan I just use Ram's window mount cause I don't give a f*ck how it looks.
Lots of states are starting to make suction mounts illegal.

http://blog.proclipusa.com/are-sucti...in-your-state/

May have to get creative and find a seam in the dash for a slip mount.

--kC
Old 10-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #123
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Hey guys I found that SS heading to Syracuse you were looking for. It stopped at the Tonawanda Engine Plant right outside Buffalo, NY where the Gen V & LTG are manufactured (to name a couple). Look here -----> http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427089
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #124
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Using the cupholders....lol. doesn't fit in the center console
Can we get a photo of the center console storage then? Also with the phone for scale.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #125
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
We are currently headed to Heides hot dogs in Liverpool. We should be there at 158pm
Oh, you made it to Heid's. Cool.

Best damn hot dogs in the world. They're Hoffmann hot dogs but there's something about the way Heid's cooks them. Just the best.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #126
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Late, but cool - See Doug's yellow Gen SIX w/ a rental LT/RS, and our own Argenteus, a "Z21LE" (). So glad to see you and Glen, Doug - thanks for stopping by Buffalo!
DUDE!!! I wish I knew you were going to take pix. I would have parked the car properly. But it was great seeing y'all again too. I sure hope we can do this again soon. And I can't wait to read your write up on whatever you drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Awesome...thanks for the analysis. Maybe those gaps are from pre-production models only, hopefully!
I sure hope so. My 5th gen was the 1st CGM in 2010 and the driver door was off when it was shipped. Tom Henry got it and before I ever got to see it, had him paint the hockey stripes on it. Well, once I got it and noticed the door panel being off, I wanted it fixed but couldn't due to the stripes most likely not going to be lined up anymore. I sure hope this is something that's quickly fixable. I'd have liked to check out the interiors of the other cars before we left but we were rushed out of there and to the airport.
Quote:

--kC
Think they just posted that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Yeah GM started doing this in other cars as well I have noticed...it is nicer that way.

Quote:
Looks like it's going to be one of these on the passenger knee bolster...

--kC
Yeah...I'd have to get one of those if I had this car for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Can we get a photo of the center console storage then? Also with the phone for scale.
Sorry. Just dropped off the vehicle and am now at the airport. They are going to clean the cars up for the next group and for the show. I'll say this, the console is as wide as my phone. I could probably put it in diagonally, but the console is very shallow. I tried quickly, found quickly it wasn't going to fit, and took it back out. You can put it in the door pocket but it's hard to get to. It kind of sits just a bit back on the door. Yeah, you can get to it if your seat is back, but for those shorter than me (I'm 6'3" and had the seat very far back), it's going to be tough to get to. Cupholder for y'all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Oh, you made it to Heid's. Cool.

Best damn hot dogs in the world. They're Hoffmann hot dogs but there's something about the way Heid's cooks them. Just the best.
Oh, yeah.....those were GOOOOOOD
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote