Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2024, 09:35 PM   #1
0025_SS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS Supercharged
2016 Camaro Fuel Issues, Won’t Start

Attempt to start the vehicle then no start. Starter just keeps spinning over 10 seconds until failure to start vehicle. CEL code shows P069E. My fuel gauge was reading half at full tank before fixing wiring harness under the wheel well at rear driver side. After that fix, vehicle started. But while idling/ driving then turning it off, vehice will not turn over and let starter run ‘til fail to start once again. Sometimes when I jump the car it rarely starts.

I’ve been working on this issue for months and can’t seem to find where this gremlin is. Changed battery, in tank pump, relocated and fixed wiring harness under driver rear wheel well. Maybe a faulty FPCM? Will I need a tune if I replace FPCM?

List of mods are as follows:
Supercharged Magnuson TVS2300
TSP Headers 1 7/8 no cats
K&N Air Intake
LT4 Fuel Pumps, HPFP and LPFP
Snow Performance Methanol Injection Kit
ATI Super Dampner Crank Pulley
DSX 230mm Underdrive Pulley
DSX Flex Fuel Kit (not yet tuned)
Borla Atak Axle Back
BMR Lowering Springs
Makes 623/666 to the wheels
0025_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:05 PM   #2
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Might not be your issue, but I went through all hell and back with a P069E and P023F code. Ended up being a bad wire in the chassis control module located on the driver's side in the trunk.

Here's a video of the issue from Seth Joyner's channel.

https://youtu.be/aqpk_YeVGLM?si=fESd-PQeKxjwrOTG

Might not be the gremlin, but it was in my case. Worth a look. Was a huge PITA.

Edit: Reading your post again looks like you might have already checked all these wires in the module. I'll leave it up, though, in case anybody else can use the help.

Last edited by Texas1ss; 04-15-2024 at 10:29 PM.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:42 PM   #3
0025_SS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS Supercharged
Well I left battery disconnected and now it runs again. No CEL. Maybe just need to clear it properly. Did some small pulls and parked it. Ate dinner and now she still runs. That wheel well wiring harness might’ve done the trick. Thanks for your input though!
0025_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:39 PM   #4
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Sure thing. One hell of a gremlin, at least over here. I was washing my car, it died while backing up, and then it wouldn't start at all. Just was turning over. I pulled the negative cable, put it right back on, and it started right up.

Headed straight to Autozone, and it threw those two codes. The car worked totally fine another couple of weeks, the car cleared the codes out, and then it totally died while driving yet again with the same two codes. Luckily I was only going around 10 miles an hour when it happened.

Hope yours is fixed for good. I know mine is because it's been months and no issues. Without a good extended warranty I'd be out a few thousand dollars for what ended up being a wiring fix that cost me $300 bucks. Got lucky, and at least got a new fuel pump and chassis control module I didn't need.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issues, fuel, fuel delivery, starting issue, wiring harness