Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #155
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
hey buckwheat..did you see my last post? I was wondering if you had any vids of "swamp thing"
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #156
AmericanV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, Chrysler 300 SRT8

HAHAHA!!
AmericanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #157
Buckwheat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
It is almost like that lol!!! But Sliver

BW
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #158
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabbott View Post
Just got off the phone. Looks like they are going to come very close to the original deal I thought I had Saturday night. It's close enough that I feel like it's a meeting in the middle of what they want and what I want. With $2k out of pocket instead of nothing down, I get the payment I wanted plus my TL (lots of negative equity) goes away. The owner and his general manager were very apologetic and seemed sincere about it. In the end I get a great car that is fun to drive and look at. It's not a Camaro, but who knows what lies down the road. Maybe sometime in the future the Camaro Vert will come out with more headroom and I can make a trade for it. Until then I will keep my eyes posted on this forum. Thanks for all the great news and conversation presented.
That's cool man, I know you will enjoy it! What color is it? Feel free to post pictures, I personally love looking at pctures of sweet pony cars.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #159
klapper

Drives: 2005 Magnum R/T
Hemi and LS series engines "similar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I KNOW....they think that HEMI on the motor means that they can take everything on the road. Like I said....pixie dust.

Im not sure if most owners even realize they are not a true hemi design anymore.

I may get some heat for this, but if I remember correctly todays hemi engine took quite a few design features from the LS1 motor. An article I read said that they are very similar.
The only mass produced pushrod v8s ever (that I know of) to feature intake/exhaust valves per cylinder in a plane perpendicular to the crankshaft centerline are the gen1,gen2 and gen3 hemi's. In that respect they are distinct from all other pushrod v8s and especially distinct from small block chevies which aligned the valves in a plane parallel the the crankshaft centerline. Although the valve angles are closed up compared to gen1 and gen2 hemis, they are a true "hemi" design, dual rocker shafts and all.

Obviously that's a common valve arrangement for overhead cam v8s.

Also LS series engines started with very tall "church door" intake ports, not at all like the square hemi intake ports. The LS3 has "squarer" ports more like the hemi, but the valve arrangement and combustion chamber are about as different as they could get. Plus the hemi has 2 spark plugs of course.

They're both skirted blocks with cross-bolted mains the main differences being the hemi cam sits a lot higher in the block, and it's iron instead of aluminum.

What article said they were very similar?
klapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #160
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Go onto ls1tech and search. Or you might have to make a thread and ask about it.
This was back a few years ago when just the LS1 was around and when the new hemi's came out. It was an article (obviously chevy biased) talking about the similarities between the two engine designs and that basically the new hemi took quite a few design ques from the ls1 platform.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #161
seabbott

Drives: 2005 Acura TL 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
That's cool man, I know you will enjoy it! What color is it? Feel free to post pictures, I personally love looking at pctures of sweet pony cars.
Drove it home tonight. Too dark for picture taking though. I am afraid that the stripes and dark blue color won't ring true. I'll post some pictures tomorrow or Sunday. What a blast though. I turned off the ESP, and "WHOOPS!" almost turned the car sideways going around a corner. It's my first RWD and I am going to enjoy getting used to it. Again, thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it.
seabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #162
godfathercrc

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
camaro all dall
godfathercrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #164
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Drove it home tonight. Too dark for picture taking though. I am afraid that the stripes and dark blue color won't ring true. I'll post some pictures tomorrow or Sunday. What a blast though. I turned off the ESP, and "WHOOPS!" almost turned the car sideways going around a corner. It's my first RWD and I am going to enjoy getting used to it. Again, thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it.
Is it a deep water blue classic? VERY nice! Can't wait to see pics, the weather supposed to be great here today, hopefully where you are too you can really enjoy your weekend with your new baby.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #165
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:

Congrats! The dark stripes and DWB will be a bit subtle. If you're wanting something more "stand out" go to RiderGraphix and get a new pair of stripes in White ..or maybe red?

Both the Camaro and the Challenger are awesome cars, you'll have a blast.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #166
seabbott

Here are some pictures: (My wife's third Pilot is also in there)

Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #167
seabbott

Another:

Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #168
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I must say that is a sweet looking car. Congrats!
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote