Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #71
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post

I am expecting to see that the C6 will look very much like a toned down version of the silver model shown in those pictures.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #72
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #73
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
This one? (just a quickie)

Parts of it line up pretty nicely (especially if we stick with the false 5th gen fascia and deck lid strapped on idea) while other parts of it are clearly off.

Still might be some styling hints in there...
I do believe that this is an early sketch of the C7 Corvette, based on design cues that it shares with the production Corvette and the mid year Corvette also in the shot.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:47 AM   #74
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
What a major let down..Who was the guy at Gm that said the 16ym would look NOTHING like a 5th gen? I could have traded this year but nooooo I was hoping for something different.Like maybe a 2nd gen retro version. I feel like I've been lied to.
You can change the taillights and the front fascia but its still a 5th gen..come to think of it didn't they do that for the 2014 models?

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #75
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
What a major let down..Who was the guy at Gm that said the 16ym would look NOTHING like a 5th gen? I could have traded this year but nooooo I was hoping for something different.Like maybe a 2nd gen retro version. I feel like I've been lied to.
You can change the taillights and the front fascia but its still a 5th gen..come to think of it didn't they do that for the 2014 models?
Ummm, I don't know WHO you heard anything from, but the only thing that I'VE ever seen on these boards is that the G6 will be "Evolutionary, not revolutionary" and that it would be a variation of the G5 - it would be based on our current cars but not the SAME as our current cars
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #76
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
I also only remember hearing that it would be evolutionary though I don't doubt reports early on that the design would be a dramatic change. Early on in vehicle development they tend to look at a number of concepts and end up picking what is best (based on many factors and their criteria). I personally would love to see a more modern and dramatic design (I think going retro again would be a mistake). I am sure that people said look at the sales success of the current model, so lets not change too much....

What obviously is changing is a move to the alpha platform which hopefully yields a car that performs much better and gets better fuel economy. Also they still have a chance to show some design flare on the interior and greatly improve material quality as well.

Though from a design perspective I do kind of fill that just evolving the exterior is kind of what they did for 2014 model year so why just do that again.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #77
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
You based your decision on rumors. GM isn't going to make any official statements until the reveal.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #78
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Unless you have x-Ray vision there is no more to see here. In fact now with wheel Camo there is actually less.

These shots only confirm further that both the front and rear are faked to make see a bigger car.

Nothing tells us headlamps or tail lamps. In fact if you look close we are likely seeing the JC Whitney lamps that got rpeveryone worked up on the Gen 5 car at exactly the time in its development.
The pass. side headlamp... yes... yes it is

If that was intentional, it's awesome!
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 08-12-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #79
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
It's kind of spooky how well they line up.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #80
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
It's kind of spooky how well they line up.
Ya, I agree, probably a little toned down. They are close, but the roof line (A pilllars) are little off (slanted more) than the actually car under wraps.

Nice job smggugfaw
Old 08-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #81
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Ya, I agree, probably a little toned down. They are close, but the roof line (A pilllars) are little off (slanted more) than the actually car under wraps.

Nice job smggugfaw
Yes, nice work with photos.

Allow me to respectfully dissent, though. I think that the shape of the car under wraps is far closer to the overall shape of the current Camaro than it is to that concept sketch.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #82
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Yes, nice work with photos.

Allow me to respectfully dissent, though. I think that the shape of the car under wraps is far closer to the overall shape of the current Camaro than it is to that concept sketch.
We are in similar agreement.

We are saying the car under wraps is not as extreme at the sketches/renders.

Although, there is so much padding on the front windshield and rear window, it is tough to say what it will look like.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #83
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Can't wait to see the actual model, that said so far I am not a fan of being able to see that LARGE trash can in the back. I liked the rear end's before the 2014s, before they went all exposed on me. Just my $37 and change.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #84
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
Is it going to be based on this car?

[/URL]
Except for the Ferarri vents, I REALLY like that! But that's more revolutionary than evolutionary, I think

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation