Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notneb View Post
Bump for pics!
I'm still in Brazil until tomorrow, I'll be home Tuesday and start posting some Wednesday after I pick her up... I wish I could post some now...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post
Very nice! I'm a bit behind you now, but maybe we can have some friendly HP banter this Fall when I get finished with the new motor. At 677 653 it is a handful. Your probably running a boost controller I assume?

Excellent build! Have a blast with it and do not advertise. Go sleeper. More fun when you eat cars alive that way.
Hey Huck, as lazy as I am, sleeper is the only way to go... Corey told me it is very quiet for a TT car.. even with the three inch exhaust and straight through mufflers...

As for a boost controller, I do not have one right now... We tuned for a fixed spring, and after some drive time, We'll look to stretch her legs a bit... crank the boost on to 18 or 20 psi, and intstall an electronic controller of some type...and see what we need to do to the fuel delivery to keep up with it... and possibly throw some meth in the picture... Personally I'ld rather stay on pump gas but... you do what you gotta do... It would be nice to drive anywhere I want to a track, pay the entry, tech her, and run a nine secong quarter... then drive her home... 18-20 could put me in the 1200-1300 HP range considering I'm on a very conservative tune right now, with little timing...

I still have to upgrade the rest of the driveline prior to ramping her up... and if I'm not careful, that may happen sooner than I intend...

Strip the gears out and it's time for a DSS nine inch with the increased spline count axles, and a one piece drive shaft... I probably will not change the gear ratio too much... as the vast majority of my driving is and will still be on the highway... Driving 500 or a thousand miles at 3000 plus rpm isn't my idea of fun...

Yeah, I'm all over the banter... Maybe we can prove the banter one way or the other some day... you aint too far away...

We'll see...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
WOW!! Can't wait to see the pics next week and hopefuly some videos of you running this beast!!

Go team LS3!!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Huck, as lazy as I am, sleeper is the only way to go... Corey told me it is very quiet for a TT car.. even with the three inch exhaust and straight through mufflers...

As for a boost controller, I do not have one right now... We tuned for a fixed spring, and after some drive time, We'll look to stretch her legs a bit... crank the boost on to 18 or 20 psi, and intstall an electronic controller of some type...and see what we need to do to the fuel delivery to keep up with it... and possibly throw some meth in the picture... Personally I'ld rather stay on pump gas but... you do what you gotta do... It would be nice to drive anywhere I want to a track, pay the entry, tech her, and run a nine secong quarter... then drive her home... 18-20 could put me in the 1200-1300 HP range considering I'm on a very conservative tune right now, with little timing...

I still have to upgrade the rest of the driveline prior to ramping her up... and if I'm not careful, that may happen sooner than I intend...

Strip the gears out and it's time for a DSS nine inch with the increased spline count axles, and a one piece drive shaft... I probably will not change the gear ratio too much... as the vast majority of my driving is and will still be on the highway... Driving 500 or a thousand miles at 3000 plus rpm isn't my idea of fun...

Yeah, I'm all over the banter... Maybe we can prove the banter one way or the other some day... you aint too far away...

We'll see...
Your probably going to win. I'm going to quit at 900 or so for now. Neither one of us can go down a track as it is. 11.49 or better - roll bar and 5 point belts.

I would love to banter over a beer and exchange glances of cars
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:

We'll see...
How's it going ? Are you stateside ?
I hope you've had some time to enjoy Brandi .
Best of luck to you , Jimmy
Old 04-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
How's it going ? Are you stateside ?
I hope you've had some time to enjoy Brandi .
Best of luck to you , Jimmy
Hey jimmy, I am stateside, but been busier than a cutworm with finish details for Brandi...

I picked her up Wednesday, the day after I got home... I hit a wall after 7000 miles of travel involving a helicopter, and five other flights on various other airborne craft...

When I picked her up, corey and I did a shake down drive, and then back to the shop... It was also my instructional time....

We went to the track that night and Corey made two passes, and Imade three. We data logged his two and my first one... He changed a few setttings and turned me loose...

On the way to the track, I did a fly by on him, and at 80-85 mph, with the MT drag radials, I blew them off and slammed the rev limiter.. short shifter to 4th and looked like I was shot out of a cannon... This thing has crazy power...

Corey first pass looked like he was pulling out of a gas station leaving the line... 2.55 60' time, and then she took off like a sidewinder missle... folks all around the start area viewing it were like...:emot icon17:

With the slow 60" and all, she still cut a 129 mph pass... There were quite a few peoplethat came out just to see her, and they were all impressed... Coreys 2nd pass was 130.97 or so... and he had a 2.2 60'... We are just logging and feeling her out... rather than trying to set records... I am still on the stock diff and it would not have been good to break it right before the fest...

I made three passes, and having never driven a twin disc clutch before, I struggled a lil bit... missed 4th the first pass, still went 12.48 at 117, 2nd and third pass's I missed 2nd both times and still went 126 and these passes were also leaving the line very easy... 2000 rpm, and ease the clutch out get her rolling and then get with it...

First gear is retarded... It spins up so fast, that you have to be stabbing the clutch at 4500 rpm or you will slam into the rev limiter... if you wait until 5000 rpm, it's too late... Corey and I both did this, him the first pass, and me my first pass... We will be installing a programmable shift light... The thought is partially that the needle in the factory tach is a bit heavy and is actually a little behind the engine as it's spinnning up in first gear... She winds up soooooo fast.... Her exhaust system is as quiet as a church mouse, and she keeps making power so you can't feel or really hear the shift point...

I lined up next to a SRT8 Chally, and he did a blazing burnout.. I rolled off the line very easy and he leaped out to a four or five car length lead... He probably figured he just smoked a Camaro... I shifted into second and stood on it.. Hit third, smoked by the chally at the 1/8 mile and trapped the quarter in 12.XX at 126 to his trap speed of 98 or something...

My fastest ever stock speed in the 1/4 was 113 mph... I was either shifting into 4th, or redlining third at the finish line... We are now shifting into 4th maybe 100' past the 1/8 mile at 113-114 mph...

This Girl Flies...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 04-09-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
That is one hell of an impressive beast you've got there.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #22
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
ALL RIGHT !!
I'm thrilled for you . Way to go kid .
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
Prochargedchevyi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Great build...all you need now is an adequate suspension to plant all of that new found power to the ground - and practice, practice, practice!

Vince
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
That is one hell of an impressive beast you've got there.
Thanks, my builder is pretty impressed with how much power she makes so easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
ALL RIGHT !!
I'm thrilled for you . Way to go kid .
thanks bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochargedchevyi View Post
Great build...all you need now is an adequate suspension to plant all of that new found power to the ground - and practice, practice, practice!

Vince
Thanks Vince, and I'll post up some pics in a
Lil while, but we have solid aluminum sub frame bushings, sways, toe rods, trailing arms, drop springs, delrin diff bushings etc...
She hooks really well, just lots of power... The tires are struggling to keep up...

Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Here are a few pics from the build...
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Nice Robert! When can we drool over it?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #27
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
Nice Robert! When can we drool over it?
Put your bib on and you're welcome to view it at any time...

How you been... I'm leaving Wednesday for the fest...

Old 04-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #28
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Put your bib on and you're welcome to view it at any time...

Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote