Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-15-2022, 10:42 PM   #1
Nghtshd88

Drives: 13' Camaro LT
Original Ignition Coils

Hey guys, been a while, changing spark plugs on a 13 LT this week and at 145k miles it still has the original coils. I see they are pricey $60 a piece. Is it a good idea to replace the set at this point? Or are they almost good for the life of the car?

There are no misfires or codes. Is there a program or app that I could check for any live misfires on this car? More familiar with the fords where I use forscan to see, also have torque pro app but it wasnt working last I checked.

Doing a mobil 1 change also, this motor eats oil like crazy.. without any visible leaks or burn off. Talking a good 2 quarts every 5k miles.
Nghtshd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Phastek offer Accel Super Coils.
https://www.phastekperformance.com/A...cel-140569.htm
Old 05-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #3
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nghtshd88 View Post
Hey guys, been a while, changing spark plugs on a 13 LT this week and at 145k miles it still has the original coils. I see they are pricey $60 a piece. Is it a good idea to replace the set at this point? Or are they almost good for the life of the car?

There are no misfires or codes. Is there a program or app that I could check for any live misfires on this car? More familiar with the fords where I use forscan to see, also have torque pro app but it wasnt working last I checked.

Doing a mobil 1 change also, this motor eats oil like crazy.. without any visible leaks or burn off. Talking a good 2 quarts every 5k miles.

from what ive read if no issues dont change them.. everyone says they are good until they are not and doing any hotter coil on a stock motor everyone ive spoken says waste of time im at 96738 miles did my plugs and just put the stock coils back as they have no issues.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:29 AM   #4
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:

I substitute 1 qt of 10w 30 at oil changes and my LLT burns next to nothing. Used to use 1/4 qt between changes.
Next time its down on oil try a bottle of 10w 30 Dexos.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:52 AM   #5
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Quote:

I wouldn't change the coils unless you get misfire codes. As long as the plugs are changed every 60k or so the coils should last for the life of the car. My v6 car uses about 2qts of oil between 6k oil changes, runs perfectly, just be sure to use the best oil you can buy. I only use Pennzoil Platinum. At 140k still runs like new and the last time I checked the valves they were clean.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote