Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #99
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You're going to get some hostile responses; that's just the way it is for anything anymore. Unfortunately the people who love the Camaro as it is and bought one, are a vocal but extreme minority. The problem is, they don't buy a new car every month and GM needs to sell Camaros every month to keep the model alive, so either they change something to make it appeal to a wider audience, or sales will continue to decline until they shut it down.

It's clear that performance alone isn't enough to crank up sales, otherwise they'd be selling more. Which brings up the question: just who is the wider market that isn't buying it the way it is? Obviously that isn't the people in here, so their feedback is only going to be marginally useful. However don't let that stop your efforts.

I've worked on a 'modern' update to the 1st gen and it's nearly impossible to come up with something that works. Part of the problem is the visual element that helped define the looks of the 1st gen were the chrome bumpers. They helped to separate the upper part of the car from the lower, which gave the upper part a thinner appearance. Without the bumpers that body style looked completely different. We don't use bumpers like that anymore, so it's extremely difficult to create a bumperless design that looks and feels like a 1st gen.

This brings up the whole issue of new or retro. The enthusiasts say they want something new, but what they really seem to be saying is a new retro design. The moment you depart from the classic retro elements, they start complaining.

The back of your design has a completely different look and feel from the front, and in my opinion is a better start. Try working that feel into the front and see what you can come up with.
I Agree 100% with you! Now about the car, im still working on design a new front end, so it coud be as aggressively as the first abd six gens but damn thats a hard task not only because ofvthe chrome bumper, the area of the upper grill is actually really large on the firs gen almost 1/3 of the whole front end is the upper grill, but to do a modern and simple design that grill size must be reduced and a lower grill must flow with the design of the car, I honestly like the lower grill from the 2019 camaro and thats what I tried to go with.. Anyway I love challenge like these, and they help me as a aftermarket car designer
Old 12-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #100
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You're going to get some hostile responses; that's just the way it is for anything anymore. Unfortunately the people who love the Camaro as it is and bought one, are a vocal but extreme minority. The problem is, they don't buy a new car every month and GM needs to sell Camaros every month to keep the model alive, so either they change something to make it appeal to a wider audience, or sales will continue to decline until they shut it down.

It's clear that performance alone isn't enough to crank up sales, otherwise they'd be selling more. Which brings up the question: just who is the wider market that isn't buying it the way it is? Obviously that isn't the people in here, so their feedback is only going to be marginally useful. However don't let that stop your efforts.

I've worked on a 'modern' update to the 1st gen and it's nearly impossible to come up with something that works. Part of the problem is the visual element that helped define the looks of the 1st gen were the chrome bumpers. They helped to separate the upper part of the car from the lower, which gave the upper part a thinner appearance. Without the bumpers that body style looked completely different. We don't use bumpers like that anymore, so it's extremely difficult to create a bumperless design that looks and feels like a 1st gen.

This brings up the whole issue of new or retro. The enthusiasts say they want something new, but what they really seem to be saying is a new retro design. The moment you depart from the classic retro elements, they start complaining.

The back of your design has a completely different look and feel from the front, and in my opinion is a better start. Try working that feel into the front and see what you can come up with.
As for the trolls ehh I really don't pay much attention to them
Old 12-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #101
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I think there should be 4 windows to roll down

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #102
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
70-73 inspired retro, lower wider, circle inset tail lights. The can keep the small windows. Oh, and some neat colors with more metal flake.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #103
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Continue on your ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
Lol? Like why in the world should I listen to a random sad troll on what should I do with my life? You didnt even read a word did you? ..... troll alert hahaha
Don't listen to people who only complain and criticize. Continue on your hobby and create new drafts. Looking forward to see some pictures from different angles. Good job and Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #104
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
You need to get another hobby. The 6th Gen Camaro looks and is kickass inside and out.
Anyone who doesn't like it should by a Mustang or another cheap ass car.
These renders are really really terrible, I'm sorry.
Dude, you sure didn't line up twice when empathy and communication skills were dispensed.

Worst of all, you aren't even right, the renders do actually have a lot of promise, you simply didn't consider the author's points and rejected the design without any thought.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #105
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
The camaro may be the best Sport Car for the bang on today's market, thats not doubt about that, AI's team did an amazing job taking the camaro to a new level of performance, and the design is extremely appealing... but the car is a terrible car to live with, people get scare of the car the moment they seat inside it, if you compare actual funcionality and practicality of the camaro, vs mustangs, BMWs, challengers, the Camaro is by far the least practical to live with, and just read the comments, people get extremely aggressive and hostile the moment a new Idea is bring to the table, because it means for that kind of guys their car is not perfect and people is trying to fix their "perfect" car and they get REALLY offended ... I love the the current Six SS, but I after I rent it for a week I realized it was a nightmare to drive a car in a huge city with heavy traffic, and I End up getting a 50 anniversary GT and use my Fbodys as a weekend car / track car
The forum engine ate my response, so let me try to retype it

I very much like the backend of your design, if the taillights of the 6th gen refresh looked like what you rendered, few people would complain The upper body looks a bit squished side to side, though, and the lower section of the rear bumper feels a bit too tall. Oh and you haven't given us a full frontend view yet

Not sure if the shortened wheelbase and overall length is feasible when accommodating the extra legroom, crumple zones, trunk space, engine bay size and the myriad of other requirements I have no idea about as an outsider.

As to practicality and the scary nature of the car, I swear I had none of those emotions even the very first time, and I'm admittedly not a particularly good or seasoned driver. The small changes covered in this thread to the belt and roof lines, side window height, trunk space, storage would help with most practicality complaints, and I tend to side with those that think the original 6th gen design is close to an ideal one.

On a tangentially related note, bad visibility feels like a bit of a stigma at this point, there are other cars with similarly bad rear visibility that nobody cares to mention. (I do understand there is a lateral visibility challenge, too.) As an example, a few hours ago I drove behind a Tesla Model S, I think it was a 75D---it has a tiny rear windshield, which, coupled with the 3 rear seat headrests reduces rear visibility to a minimum, yet no reviews I've seen ever mentioned this...

Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #106
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
didnt take long to get used to the visibilty in my 5th gen,i drive it every day.i would still like to see your rendering with a cowl hood like the 5th gen/6th gen and older chevelles.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #107
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The forum engine ate my response, so let me try to retype it

I very much like the backend of your design, if the taillights of the 6th gen refresh looked like what you rendered, few people would complain The upper body looks a bit squished side to side, though, and the lower section of the rear bumper feels a bit too tall. Oh and you haven't given us a full frontend view yet

Not sure if the shortened wheelbase and overall length is feasible when accommodating the extra legroom, crumple zones, trunk space, engine bay size and the myriad of other requirements I have no idea about as an outsider.

As to practicality and the scary nature of the car, I swear I had none of those emotions even the very first time, and I'm admittedly not a particularly good or seasoned driver. The small changes covered in this thread to the belt and roof lines, side window height, trunk space, storage would help with most practicality complaints, and I tend to side with those that think the original 6th gen design is close to an ideal one.

On a tangentially related note, bad visibility feels like a bit of a stigma at this point, there are other cars with similarly bad rear visibility that nobody cares to mention. (I do understand there is a lateral visibility challenge, too.) As an example, a few hours ago I drove behind a Tesla Model S, I think it was a 75D---it has a tiny rear windshield, which, coupled with the 3 rear seat headrests reduces rear visibility to a minimum, yet no reviews I've seen ever mentioned this...

Wile I agree with you on the rear view I think the biggest problem with the visibility is the side windows and the front window, the windshield feels too hign and small, specially if you are driving on a track with hills, ups and downs like laguna seca, you pretty much have to do some turns completely blind due to the large hood and small front and side windows... Also is really annoying you just cant drive with your arm out the window on the car....
Old 12-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #108
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Also is really annoying you just cant drive with your arm out the window on the car....
Fix THIS ! ! ! ! !
and add front corner vent windows like the cars of old
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #109
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Fix THIS ! ! ! ! !
and add front corner vent windows like the cars of old
Vent windows?... Like the one on a 67 camaro?

Thaaaats going to be hard to implement
Old 12-31-2018, 03:46 AM   #110
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
I have just a few general questions to all of you. What kind of car should it be?
I think we all agree on a sports car.....or not.
I never heard that a Ferrari or Lambo or Porsche 911 complaint about the rear view. If I need more visibility I buy a truck. I think the priority should be as follows:
- the look: sporty, aggressive, passionate
- 2 door
- usage: maybe a trunk, hatchback.....station wagon
- Air vents: yes of course: In the hood, in / on top of the fender front and back
- design lines: very important: no idea jet.
And now give us some pics.....
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 AM   #111
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
I have just a few general questions to all of you. What kind of car should it be?
I think we all agree on a sports car.....or not.
I never heard that a Ferrari or Lambo or Porsche 911 complaint about the rear view. If I need more visibility I buy a truck. I think the priority should be as follows:
- the look: sporty, aggressive, passionate
- 2 door
- usage: maybe a trunk, hatchback.....station wagon
- Air vents: yes of course: In the hood, in / on top of the fender front and back
- design lines: very important: no idea jet.
And now give us some pics.....
But Why some six gen owners compare a mass production low cost car with a Ferrari? They are completely different cars, a Ferrari or a Lambo are exotic super cars, design for top performance, and luxury... DD an exotic is just not possible,

The camaro is a sport car design to balance great performance with drivability, camaros have meant to be DD cars since day 1, but late gen focused to much on performance it left it functionality level on the floor and thats why the sales are going down.
But still I agree with you on the rest of your points
Old 12-31-2018, 11:21 AM   #112
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Vent windows?... Like the one on a 67 camaro?

Thaaaats going to be hard to implement
I'd be happy to see the b-pillar gone. And that is also hard to do and meet roof crush requirements.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/class/s-class/coupe