Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-29-2018, 09:25 PM   #85
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Hate the Dodge Demon hoodscoop and the greenhouse back glass. I do not want a hatchback Base the back glass on the 75 - 81 with a real trunk. My 75 RS and 79 Z28 had good rear visibility and the truck had room for the t-tops and a real spare with is no longer needed. JMO.
My Original idea was to include a second gen type of trunk but it really makes this car feels like a wagon camaro, to keep the shape of the first gen I had to use a corvette inspired trunk door, I can show you guys the diferent concepts and design Lines I did, you will se a swncond gen do not mix with a first gen body lines.

Last edited by Sesiom Summers; 12-30-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:45 PM   #86
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Too many fake scoops.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:51 PM   #87
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Too many fake scoops.
Fake scoops? NOT a single one of my designs EVER has fake scoops... Sorry sir but what the heck? The scoops on the front on the fenders are actually funcional to evacuate the air from the upper grill, the scoop on the hood is a ram air hood, and the gills are actually funcional to cool the rear brakes... There are no other scoops on my design, unless you are calling the 69 body lines a scoop...
Old 12-30-2018, 12:25 AM   #88
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Why did your survey mention charger instead of Challenger? AMG A45? That's a weird comparison imo. A hot hatch 4 door?

I like the first grey render. The scoop on the red car seems out of place. Maybe too much muscle car at this point. The tail lights are better than the 19 refresh.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #89
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
The rear end looks really good!
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #90
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Why did your survey mention charger instead of Challenger? AMG A45? That's a weird comparison imo. A hot hatch 4 door?

I like the first grey render. The scoop on the red car seems out of place. Maybe too much muscle car at this point. The tail lights are better than the 19 refresh.
The survey included different types of sport cars for each segment of the interview with the same performance or price as the ss zl1 or base camaros, Im still working on the Design lines, the car is FAAAR from finish right now, im really glad people liked the rear so much, I tried to keep it simple and modern, the front end on the other hand is way more complex and Im still worling on it to make it look like a First gen, yet keeping it simple and modern wile having a striking design... Not easy task!
Old 12-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #91
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
The survey included different types of sport cars for each segment of the interview with the same performance or price as the ss zl1 or base camaros, Im still working on the Design lines, the car is FAAAR from finish right now, im really glad people liked the rear so much, I tried to keep it simple and modern, the front end on the other hand is way more complex and Im still worling on it to make it look like a First gen, yet keeping it simple and modern wile having a striking design... Not easy task!
Go Ahead
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #92
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
why not use a rear facing boundary layer hood scoop?it would tie the car in with chevy tradition in the front and get high pressure air from the windshield base.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #93
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
It's interesting to see what you're coming up with and what people's reactions are. I've done this sort of thing myself from time to time in here going back 5 years:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=7th+gen

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...7th+gen&page=7

As for what you're posting, first I applaud the spirit and effort! Good for you. Now for the feedback. The scoops and gills on the side are unnecessary and clutter up the design. The one in the front fender in particular would probably create a lot of wind noise. The cabin as you've rendered it would not be possible to build. Crash regulations require that the A and B pillars, and to some extent the C pillar provide crash/rollover protection for the occupants. This means they have to essentially be a roll cage. Your A pillar is way too thin; it needs to be a lot thicker. It doesn't appear you have a B pillar so that puts the entire strain on the C pillar which is too far back, and the way it bends wouldn't allow it to function for rollover protection.

Take note in the side view comparing your drawing to a 6th gen, how much thicker their A pillar is, the roof (they do have a B pillar even though your illustration doesn't show it) and the wide area at the top of the C pillar which allows for rollover protection to be built in. You're going to have to take that into account on your design which means either increasing the height of the roof, or lowering the side window height which would make it more like the 6th gen. Keep in mind that adding the thickness for rollover protection is going to use up about 6 inches of space inward from the top and sides of the cabin. That's going to reduce the interior space.

You have to take into account crash crumple zones in the front and back, to absorb impacts. You're going to lose at least 6 inches inward from the body panels for the passenger compartment and the rear trunk opening. The amount you shortened the back isn't going to leave hardly any trunk space. The rear seats are going to push into the space between the rear wheels, and you don't have much space back there in your design. You also have to plan for enough space for a gas tank, and where you're going to put it.

The back has some possibilities. I'd like to see a render where the tail lights aren't on.

The front has too much open; especially the area below the bumper. The forward facing hood scoop has to go. The amount of drag this front design would have would kill gas mileage.

The wheels seem a bit large for the design; maybe go down a size or two to a 19 or 18 inch?

Overall this has a Hot Wheels toy car vibe to it. The one thing I really like is that you put your design into a real world scene, which is something I need to do with mine.

What software are you using to do this?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #94
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Make the upper grill section a little narrower like the actual 6 gen because it looks so much better.

I like your design, but the grill makes it look like an old car. The rest of the car has a lot of curves and the front end is really square, I would blend that a little more
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #95
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
It's interesting to see what you're coming up with and what people's reactions are. I've done this sort of thing myself from time to time in here going back 5 years:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=7th+gen

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...7th+gen&page=7

As for what you're posting, first I applaud the spirit and effort! Good for you. Now for the feedback. The scoops and gills on the side are unnecessary and clutter up the design. The one in the front fender in particular would probably create a lot of wind noise. The cabin as you've rendered it would not be possible to build. Crash regulations require that the A and B pillars, and to some extent the C pillar provide crash/rollover protection for the occupants. This means they have to essentially be a roll cage. Your A pillar is way too thin; it needs to be a lot thicker. It doesn't appear you have a B pillar so that puts the entire strain on the C pillar which is too far back, and the way it bends wouldn't allow it to function for rollover protection.

Take note in the side view comparing your drawing to a 6th gen, how much thicker their A pillar is, the roof (they do have a B pillar even though your illustration doesn't show it) and the wide area at the top of the C pillar which allows for rollover protection to be built in. You're going to have to take that into account on your design which means either increasing the height of the roof, or lowering the side window height which would make it more like the 6th gen. Keep in mind that adding the thickness for rollover protection is going to use up about 6 inches of space inward from the top and sides of the cabin. That's going to reduce the interior space.

You have to take into account crash crumple zones in the front and back, to absorb impacts. You're going to lose at least 6 inches inward from the body panels for the passenger compartment and the rear trunk opening. The amount you shortened the back isn't going to leave hardly any trunk space. The rear seats are going to push into the space between the rear wheels, and you don't have much space back there in your design. You also have to plan for enough space for a gas tank, and where you're going to put it.

The back has some possibilities. I'd like to see a render where the tail lights aren't on.

The front has too much open; especially the area below the bumper. The forward facing hood scoop has to go. The amount of drag this front design would have would kill gas mileage.

The wheels seem a bit large for the design; maybe go down a size or two to a 19 or 18 inch?

Overall this has a Hot Wheels toy car vibe to it. The one thing I really like is that you put your design into a real world scene, which is something I need to do with mine.

What software are you using to do this?
Wow thanks for that feedback! Yeah I remember your posts they were amazing!

Im still working on the Pillars as well but for now im focusing on the front end and the hood as I need to make it flow, I want to keep that front scoop some how so Im working on it, about the rooft lines and A, B and C pillars as Right now this car is just an exterior render and I realize the rooft will go up to be realistically posible, and for the A AND B pillars, Id like to have them hidden by the windshield/windows that small plastic piece is just a conector over de actual A pillar, I haven't actúally worked on the B pillar (I wish I could just get rip of it but I know it not posible, finally I wanted to reduce the amaro overall size so I could have a small reduccion on the size of the A pillars (a small reduction of 1.5") compared to the bulky A pilars from the 6gen, about the size of the tires they look bigger in the concept car but they are actually the same size as the one on the six, they look bigger due to proportion, I think for a performance car it would be a good idea, but for a entry-level car It could have a 17" rim with out looking fugly like the base rims looks on the current camaro,

But overall I need to work on everything you said, thank you for your Amazing feedback!!

Btw for my 3D render workflow I mostly use Blender/maya Zbrush, substance Designer, Substance Painter and Marmoset
Old 12-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #96
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
You need to get another hobby. The 6th Gen Camaro looks and is kickass inside and out.
Anyone who doesn't like it should by a Mustang or another cheap ass car.
These renders are really really terrible, I'm sorry.
Lol? Like why in the world should I listen to a random sad troll on what should I do with my life? You didnt even read a word did you? ..... troll alert hahaha
Old 12-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #97
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
I don't get some of the changes some of you suggest, but to each his own. It's a sports car and a very good one. I have never worried about back seat room in any gen Camaro that I have owned, even when 70% of all vehicles were coupes. I know times change, as in the current SUV/Cue/pickup craze. Part of the problem is the total lack of Camaro advertising by Chevrolet. I know, a version of the new Equinox ad where the 360 degree cameras save the "not actors, real people", from getting out among the alligators. So how about a commercial showing how every Camaro from I4 to ZL1 can outrun the alligators, (not actors, real alligators)?
The camaro may be the best Sport Car for the bang on today's market, thats not doubt about that, AI's team did an amazing job taking the camaro to a new level of performance, and the design is extremely appealing... but the car is a terrible car to live with, people get scare of the car the moment they seat inside it, if you compare actual funcionality and practicality of the camaro, vs mustangs, BMWs, challengers, the Camaro is by far the least practical to live with, and just read the comments, people get extremely aggressive and hostile the moment a new Idea is bring to the table, because it means for that kind of guys their car is not perfect and people is trying to fix their "perfect" car and they get REALLY offended ... I love the the current Six SS, but I after I rent it for a week I realized it was a nightmare to drive a car in a huge city with heavy traffic, and I End up getting a 50 anniversary GT and use my Fbodys as a weekend car / track car
Old 12-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #98
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
You're going to get some hostile responses; that's just the way it is for anything anymore. Unfortunately the people who love the Camaro as it is and bought one, are a vocal but extreme minority. The problem is, they don't buy a new car every month and GM needs to sell Camaros every month to keep the model alive, so either they change something to make it appeal to a wider audience, or sales will continue to decline until they shut it down.

It's clear that performance alone isn't enough to crank up sales, otherwise they'd be selling more. Which brings up the question: just who is the wider market that isn't buying it the way it is? Obviously that isn't the people in here, so their feedback is only going to be marginally useful. However don't let that stop your efforts.

I've worked on a 'modern' update to the 1st gen and it's nearly impossible to come up with something that works. Part of the problem is the visual element that helped define the looks of the 1st gen were the chrome bumpers. They helped to separate the upper part of the car from the lower, which gave the upper part a thinner appearance. Without the bumpers that body style looked completely different. We don't use bumpers like that anymore, so it's extremely difficult to create a bumperless design that looks and feels like a 1st gen.

This brings up the whole issue of new or retro. The enthusiasts say they want something new, but what they really seem to be saying is a new retro design. The moment you depart from the classic retro elements, they start complaining.

The back of your design has a completely different look and feel from the front, and in my opinion is a better start. Try working that feel into the front and see what you can come up with.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote