Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
2018 Zl1 Final Numbers.............For Now. 722/643

Well, my build is done for now. I had a goal of 750 hp. I missed it by a few, but that's okay. If I went E85, I would of hit those numbers. Non the less. I'm good considering these #'s are on a Mustang Dyno. If this run was on a DynoJet, I prob would of saw upper 700's.

Mods.............Upper, Lower pulley. Corsa Exhaust. Kooks 1 7/8 headers w/hi flow cats. Plugs, wires. Roto Fab. TM TB. Alky Control Meth Kit/Dual Nozzle. And we are running 100% meth. No mixture. These numbers were at 18lbs of boost. Thanks to the 35 degree weather.

All those involved. Aldo Welds. Matt Sorian (Who did most of the work and all of the tuning). Phastek. Diode Dynamics. Incurve Wheels.

I'm gonna relax a while, then go full all out 1000 hp build starting sometime in Feb or March. I bought the car and it's been in the shop more than in my garage, so I'm going to enjoy the damn thing for a while.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
What pulley setup did you go with? Solid build, simple and effective.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
What pulley setup did you go with? Solid build, simple and effective.
Ah, man. The 2.30 upper and honestly..........I forgot what lower I went with. I agree. Just some simple bolt ons, add some meth and the numbers came out good. There was room for more as Matt could of pushed it, but we were having some knock issues before I added Meth up at the higher rev range which was throwing a CEL, so I told him to dial it down a notch. We could of pushed 730ish to the wheels. But, it's running a ton smoother and I have zero knock up at the top end. Not sure if that's the meth working, but it's running better now than it was on the last set of mods and tuning.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
2.30" upper AND a lower pulley?? Your temps are going to be out of control come summer and long races. Even with the Meth. Also, that's a lot of pressure for the LT4 under any circumstances but especially on stock cam. That's also retarded HP for a no cam LT4, you should be proud. But I think you're wayyyyy overspinning the blower.

Solid numbers. Hopefully she stays together for ya.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
2.30" upper AND a lower pulley?? Your temps are going to be out of control come summer and long races. Even with the Meth. Also, that's a lot of pressure for the LT4 under any circumstances but especially on stock cam. That's also retarded HP for a no cam LT4, you should be proud. But I think you're wayyyyy overspinning the blower.

Solid numbers. Hopefully she stays together for ya.
I trust Matt. And here I thought those numbers were low. haha. Oh, I'm not proud. It has nothing to do with me. It's all Matt's tuning capabilities and his crew. I take zero credit. I just opened the check book.

Well, we'll see come summer time, but I won't be doing alot of street racing then anyways. Too hot.

I went out last night. Did about 7 pulls up to 140. IAT's never hit above 95. Temps were mid 70's. 100% humidity. Did a few pulls a few days ago when temps were in the 50's. IAT's stayed around 60 ish. Then again, I don't really know at what point, the IAT temp really starts to affect performance and the engine itself. Even the IAT's 2 numbers were fairly low.

I do know today just cruising to the mall with my son..............IAT's got to right at 100 under normal cruising. But, today was high 70's, 100% and sticky as all get out. But, under boost, that meth chilled em down do the 70-80 range.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #6
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I trust Matt. And here I thought those numbers were low. haha. Oh, I'm not proud. It has nothing to do with me. It's all Matt's tuning capabilities and his crew. I take zero credit. I just opened the check book.

Well, we'll see come summer time, but I won't be doing alot of street racing then anyways. Too hot.

I went out last night. Did about 7 pulls up to 140. IAT's never hit above 95. Temps were mid 70's. 100% humidity. Did a few pulls a few days ago when temps were in the 50's. IAT's stayed around 60 ish. Then again, I don't really know at what point, the IAT temp really starts to affect performance and the engine itself. Even the IAT's 2 numbers were fairly low.
I would trust Matt too. But I don't think he would have you put a 2.30" upper and a bigger lower pulley on stock cooling/stock cam. Or he did and that meth is the crutch for your setup. Again, 18% overdrive puts these blowers at over redline or the recommended max RPM or 22,000. I think a 2.30 alone may be over 18% and most lowers only come in a minimum of 9% overdrive. You sure he put a lower on? I don't have the time to find and copy the info but if you search there's lots of reasoning behind pulleying the LT4's 1.7L Eaton. Over spinning and your car will pull timing even if IATs are in check.

And yes those numbers are really good, on a normal pulley setup with meth most should hope for a max of 680 RWHP. Without Meth, 630. Some with E85 and ported blowers have hit 700 RWHP. But I've never seen as high as 722 RWHP without opening up the engine.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Nicely done. I've been watching both your car build and your updating profile pictures

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #8
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I would trust Matt too. But I don't think he would have you put a 2.30" upper and a bigger lower pulley on stock cooling/stock cam. Or he did and that meth is the crutch for your setup. Again, 18% overdrive puts these blowers at over redline or the recommended max RPM or 22,000. I think a 2.30 alone may be over 18% and most lowers only come in a minimum of 9% overdrive. You sure he put a lower on? I don't have the time to find and copy the info but if you search there's lots of reasoning behind pulleying the LT4's 1.7L Eaton. Over spinning and your car will pull timing even if IATs are in check.

And yes those numbers are really good, on a normal pulley setup with meth most should hope for a max of 680 RWHP. Without Meth, 630. Some with E85 and ported blowers have hit 700 RWHP. But I've never seen as high as 722 RWHP without opening up the engine.
Yea, I think we went with the lower and yes, I'm positive we went with a lower. Let me go see what number we went with...........Hold please. Yes, the 9.17 Lingenfelter lower. I'm with ya. Look, I'm not a car guy. That's why I pay people so I kind of trust Matt and his builds considering this is what he does for a living. I can tell you this, he wanted me to go E85 instead of Meth, but I wanted Meth so he's like, you are the customer. Once we go to the next level, we'll cam, do the whole fuel system and upgrade the charger. I'm not sure how much HP the drivetrain can hold stock, so I'm going to push it a little further. Matt wants to go E85 and Meth so. That will prob be my next mod. All this stuff for the most part might as well be in Chinese. I understand the basics, but understanding how everything works when put together is something he has to teach me, so I just let him do his thing and he says............pay me this amount. haha.

We were at 668 without meth on my last pull.

As mentioned, we did have knock without meth at the high rev range. Enough to throw the CEL as a misfire. So, we added plugs this time. All I know, car runs a ton better and a whole hella lot smoother. Delivery seems smoother and not as hard core as it was before.

I laid it down on some Mustangs last night and it was so glorious. I love the meth kick in. I was on a can of Torco too last night. Not sure if that really helps, but the car seems to run better when I feed it Torco.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Glad you got her done. Those are really low IAT's probably due to meth. I know on the LSA timing doesn't get pulled until you get over 150 or so on IAT2.

Would love to see the track times if you get a chance.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #10
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Glad you got her done. Those are really low IAT's probably due to meth. I know on the LSA timing doesn't get pulled until you get over 150 or so on IAT2.

Unfortunately I'll prob never see the track since I admit, I can't drag race. Now, If I was able to get me a track rental and spend all day out there, I'd prob be able to dial it in a bit. That's why I roll race. It takes almost no skill. haha.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #11
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

150 degree IAT's? Jeez. Yea, I see that being peak summer IAT's. Seems high, but again, I'm not a mechanic. I'm nowhere close to that and the Meth will obviously keep those temps down so.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #12
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Which IAT sensor are you getting the readings from? Is there a standalone installed behind the meth nozzles before the TB or the one in the blower?
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:11 AM   #13
68birdls1

Drives: None now
So, other than the meth, no fuel upgrades?
68birdls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #14
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Which IAT sensor are you getting the readings from? Is there a standalone installed behind the meth nozzles before the TB or the one in the blower?
I'm running the P3 gauge. Even my IAT 2's aren't that much off from the 1's. So i do get readings before and after the blower.