Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #15
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedraider View Post
What are the positive effects with an A10. We all know the manual stumbles off the line.
I've got an A10 and so far the only mod I've added was the TM TB. To me it added better throttle response and a little more power (that's very subjective though, I have no data to back that up).

Where I think it really helps is out of a dig and throttle control on twisties is more refined.

Next mod is a Green Filter, but that won't happen until the spring because of weather where I am.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #16
Canadian ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
I've got an A10 and so far the only mod I've added was the TM TB. To me it added better throttle response and a little more power (that's very subjective though, I have no data to back that up).

Where I think it really helps is out of a dig and throttle control on twisties is more refined.

Next mod is a Green Filter, but that won't happen until the spring because of weather where I am.
Excellent. I just ordered mine last night from Tony (super responsive) and did primarily for better throttle response where I am hoping I will notice versus stock. I have no doubt I will be pleased and is a cheap mod.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ZL1 View Post
Excellent. I just ordered mine last night from Tony (super responsive) and did primarily for better throttle response where I am hoping I will notice versus stock. I have no doubt I will be pleased and is a cheap mod.
Absolutely worth the money in my opinion, you will notice the difference.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #18
dickh

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue ZL1 A10 coupe
Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for me to be home long enough to install it. Tony was great to work with and his service did exceed expectations. Results to follow.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #19
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickh View Post
Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for me to be home long enough to install it. Tony was great to work with and his service did exceed expectations. Results to follow.
It'll take ten minutes to install. At least you'll get to enjoy it during the winter, depending on what part of Texas you're in.

Here in PA, it'll be March (if I'm lucky). I need to get my ass back to Texas.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #20
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

I've posted volumes about the perks and all the reasons to own this must have mod in this forum and in others. Hell this thread alone I have posted alot of the same thing over and over.....just take the time to read the thread....skip to just the parts I posted if you want to save some time.

Need more data and independent testimonials and reviews of this mod....here is another thread from the Corvette forum

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...installed.html

They have all the same issues with the OEM TB's in their LT1 and LT4 combinations. Must be another 100 independent reviews of my product in that LOOOOONG thread if you care to spend the time to educate yourself and see what everyone is raving about. In fact here is the very last post in that thread that sums it up rather nicely

Quote:
I know that I am just reiterating what so many others have said, but I got my Tony Mamo ported TB in mid December and installed it over Christmas. It smoothed out any hesitation and lag in throttle response that I had in my M7 Z06. Very noticeable difference. I always knew there was a bit of hesitation when upshifting in low gears at part throttle, but did not realize how extreme it was until I installed this TB. Totally eliminated the hesitation and accelerates much more smoothly.

This mod is truly a game changer.
Bottom line....its inexpensive and I offer a money back guarantee if you don't feel it was the best low buck upgrade you have ever installed. This isn't a trick or a sales pitch....if you don't feel it was worth every penny you spent you have 30 days to return it. This deal is one of the true "no brainers" your likely to come across in this hobby (profession for me) we all know and love. There is no need to think real hard about the decision to purchase. Certainly the more time you spend researching will only confirm everything Im saying and increase the "need" you will feel to own one but the reality of this unique situation is you simply have nothing to lose and all to gain by ordering one and installing it which takes a whopping 10 mins (the other huge upside of the mod).

Real quick before I sign off here.....the gap in my ported TB is most certainly larger than stock....that's no illusion or camera angle playing with you. However that is not the position your TB blade is sitting at when you car is idling.....its simply what I call the "rest" position of the blade and probably represents about a 25% throttle input. When you close my blade up you get very close to the same amount of air of an unported TB in the very low throttle positions that would represent the amount the blade is open when the engine is idling (around 6-10%)....this is why my ported unit wont idle any differently or throw any codes to make your computer unhappy.

Want even more detailed information about all the airflow my ported unit gives you versus stock.....this thread is really informative

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502504

Guys....just take the plunge....your biggest regret will honestly be the fact you waited so long to jump on this deal

Cheers,
Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #21
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedraider View Post
What are the positive effects with an A10. We all know the manual stumbles off the line.
With the (3) ZL1 I have owned logged over 15K mileage on “TM” T-Body. Engine idle is like stock & there is zero delay unlike with with the stock Throttle Body. Their is a Blower whistle at idle & that is a positive trait.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #22
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutling View Post
It looks like the butterfly is actually tilted a bit in the pictures, maybe why the gap looks so big. Maybe not closed all the way?
Electronic throttle bodies do not have a IAC motor like cable driven throttle bodies did. So the ECM controls idle with the throttle blade therefore the blade will always be open to some degree so the engine can maintain idle.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #23
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Engine idle is like stock & there is zero delay unlike with with the stock Throttle Body. Their is a Blower whistle at idle & that is a positive trait.
Concur 100%
Old 01-11-2018, 08:23 AM   #24
dmwtech

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Today was the first day I was able to get the car out of the garage and drive it into work. I don't have a long commute and it was cold, so I didn't do anything crazy. However, I can most certainly tell a difference. You need much less input on the throttle pedal to get the car going now. I spun the tires at one point when I had no intention of doing that. It did not do that with a stock TB with that amount of throttle input. So far, I like it. I'll report back more after I put some miles on it in a variety of driving conditions.

Idling and such is just like stock, no perceivable change. I do know before, you seemed to need to give it a fair amount of throttle to get off the line where it almost felt a bit "dead". That is gone and that to me is a huge plus.
dmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #25
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwtech View Post
Idling and such is just like stock, no perceivable change. I do know before, you seemed to need to give it a fair amount of throttle to get off the line where it almost felt a bit "dead". That is gone and that to me is a huge plus.
+1
Old 01-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
Camaro#7

Drives: 2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE, A10
I installed mine last weekend but didn't get much of a chance to drive it but I can tell you the bit I did get to it is night and day difference. Much easier take off around town and the throttle response is greatly improved. It is also the only mod on the car right now. Well worth the money.
Camaro#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #27
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Ok, ok, I am sold, where is the cheapest place to buy? Should we order directly from Tony Mamo?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #28
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Ok, ok, I am sold, where is the cheapest place to buy? Should we order directly from Tony Mamo?
Yes, PM him on here. He is very responsive.

FWIW, I do not support products I don't try and/or believe work. This one does and is worth the money.