Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #29
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Subd

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #30
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
any drone with the borla?
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #31
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReevZL1 View Post
For exhaust I went with the ARH 2" headers Black Ceramic Coated no cats from Weapon X Motorsports cost: $2,138. I also went with the Borla Atak cat-back system which is on backorder. Borla pushed back my shipping date 3 times because they were using GM Valves and they didn't work. So Borla made their own valves and I'm currently still waiting for the shipment. Borla does not make an axle back exhaust for the ZL1 only cat-back because it's all one piece from the cats. Cost for Cat-Back was $2,150 from Jegs High performance.
Why not buy the borla Axel back for a SS to put on the zl1? Corsa does the same!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #32
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
My wife is running the borla 1st set ever no drone never a problem w valves Soceur77

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:49 AM   #33
ReevZL1

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
any drone with the borla?

Absolutely no drone even at highway speeds of 70mph+
ReevZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #34
ReevZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Why not buy the borla Axel back for a SS to put on the zl1? Corsa does the same!
I went with Borla because they offer 3" and Corsa only offers 2.75". Also I really like Borla's X pipe better than the stock version. I guess I could have gone with the SS axle back but I'm glad I went with the Catback.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #35
ReevZL1

1st Dyno numbers

This is the ugliest dyno chart I've received but apparently it's because of the wheels/drag radials vibrating on the dyno. I don't know it it's because I have solid bushings in the back. Anyway the car Made 589rwhp SAE and similar torque. The pic is of the numbers in Standard. I'm also not sure why the torque falls off so bad as well. The car only has a Katech Ported TB, 5" Weapon X CAI, and Borla Catback. My tuner said he had to 6 pulls just to get the A/F ratio right because it was so far off due to such a big CAI. The car could have been a little hot. Sorry I don't have a Baseline tune I installed the parts myself before the Tune.
Attached Images

Last edited by ReevZL1; 01-28-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #36
ReevZL1

So I ran into an issue with the TPMS sensors, the valve stems hit the beadlock on my welds so it doesn't create a seal. I had to run the shorty valve stems that come with the weld wheels. Ok so I Took a 2" piece of PVC caped both ends and drilled a hole for a valve stem to add air. I first had 2 TPMS sensors in one tube.[ATTACH]913960[/ATTACH
I ran to les Schwab and had them reset the TPMS sensors. The car read them fine for a short while. Then the car would read only 1 out 2 of the sensors in the tube. The tubes were pressurized to 40psi by the way. So I made 2 tubes and threw one TPMS sensor into each one. I drove to the tire shop and had the sensors reset a second time and the car read them fine again. I was good till the next morning. On my way to Kingdon Drags in Lodi my sensors stopped reading yet again. When the car doesn't read all 4 sensors it doesn't allow you to use launch control, line lock or sometimes even get to performance drive modes. So this was a pain in my ass at the drag strip. It seems that if the car doesn't sense the sensor rotating in the wheel it will stop reading it. My next remedy for this is I'm going to order some TPMS sensors that are strapped to the wheel. I'll keep you posted if this works. It should work.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #37
ReevZL1

2018 ZL1 A10 vs 2017 A8 SS Camaro 1/4 Mile Drag race

I took my car to the track yesterday and got 3 runs in. I have video of one run vs a 2017 SS A8 mods: CAI and a tune. The SS ran street tires. My ZL1 mods: CAI, Ported TB, CB, Tune, Welds, Drag Radials. I know it wasn't a fair match but that's who they paired me up with. https://youtu.be/vI8LxTPBprE
Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #38
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #39
ReevZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Times?

Sorry I wish, at Kindon it's just an air strip. There's no times or a pro tree. It was just a run what you brung hand drop starts event. I was going to go to Sac Raceway but i was invited to Kingdon by a good friend of mine so that's where I went. The Driver of the SS Camaro Said he ran a 12.2 at Sac before if that helps. lol I can post a video of my first run where I lost by 2 cars to a procharged C6 Corvette on Slicks and skinnies. It's not a great video because my wife didn't record the whole race. My last run was against an old gutted out BMW with a V8 and a Descent Cam that I beat twice as bad as the SS Camaro. The pairings for races was so random. I don't have a video of that run due to my wife's phone died during that take of the race. I'll be going back to the track possibly on the 20th of January at Famoso Raceway. It just depends on when I get my car back after Cunningham Motorsports is done installing their Stage 2 package.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #40
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Should have gotten the PDR!

Did you play around with launch control or just leave off idle? I'm itching to play with it on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReevZL1 View Post
Sorry I wish, at Kindon it's just an air strip.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #41
ReevZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Should have gotten the PDR!

Did you play around with launch control or just leave off idle? I'm itching to play with it on mine.
From the videos and things i have read the PDR is off and not exact. It actually runs slower than the times people get at the track. I don't have PDR on my ZL1. I'll be purchasing some goPros in the near future as well.

I have played around with the performance modes. I like to run on Sport 2 because i feel like i can spin a little more before the car intervenes and pulls timing, i leave off Foot brake and 2,100rpm with 15% slip. This has felt the best to me. I never leave off of idle. I also manually shift the car because i notice the car likes to shift early in 1st and it shifts at 6400 rpm in other gears. Once i can get times I'll try different modes and see what i get. Personally I've done a lot of launch testing on the street. If it gets below 40 degrees i just park the car in the garage and wait till it warms up outside.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #42
MERAKI AUTOWORKS
Account Suspended

Drives: '16 Z51 C7 Corvette
Great choice of exhaust! Build coming along nicely.

-Josh
MERAKI AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote