Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #113
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
He's probably just bored because he doesn't have enough to do at the shop...
Or maybe he's just trying to tell us that they got a popcorn maker
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #114
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Just wondering what you know.
if anyone would know, i'd bet every last meal i'll have for the rest of my life that Pete would...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #115
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
With the release of the LT5, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on GM dropping that into the Z-1LE and calling it a Z/28. I know, I know, Al O said Z/28 is strictly N/A, yada yada, but times are a changing.

Though I still vote for the LT1 in the Z-1LE chassis, that would be a great car.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #116
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
With the release of the LT5, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on GM dropping that into the Z-1LE and calling it a Z/28. I know, I know, Al O said Z/28 is strictly N/A, yada yada, but times are a changing.

Though I still vote for the LT1 in the Z-1LE chassis, that would be a great car.
Yep. 2020 with the refresh. Slightly revised even more aggressive front fascia that will slightly mimic the new ZR1 Vette. More carbon fiber than ever before. Carbon ceramic brakes. An even more aggressive aero package. And of course the LT5.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #117
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

I'd put more money on the LT5 going into the ZL1, replacing the LT4, than going into a Z/28.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #118
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd put more money on the LT5 going into the ZL1, replacing the LT4, than going into a Z/28.
I agree, even though the odds of the LT5 going in a Camaro are slim, in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #119
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I would probably guess that the new LT5 will be like the LS9, in that it will be exclusive to the zr1 (although i think some special edition Holden HSV's got a LS9 later on, but only in Australia)
Iroc_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #120
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
I agree, even though the odds of the LT5 going in a Camaro are slim, in my opinion.
Thats most likely. It would depend on how threatened GM feels by the GT500. They didn't mind making less power than the Hellcat because the weight difference gives the ZL1 a slight advantage.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #121
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats most likely. It would depend on how threatened GM feels by the GT500. They didn't mind making less power than the Hellcat because the weight difference gives the ZL1 a slight advantage.
GM didn't care that the ZL1 was down by 80 hp to the last GT500, so I doubt they would care about this generation. They already said they don't plan on beating the Hellcat's power with the Camaro.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #122
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
GM didn't care that the ZL1 was down by 80 hp to the last GT500, so I doubt they would care about this generation. They already said they don't plan on beating the Hellcat's power with the Camaro.
The difference is that the 2014 Z/28 was on the horizon and a completely new car in 2016. The ZL1 was finished with the 12 introduction.

It seems obvious that another halo car is needed for the last years of gen6. A LT5 Camaro would fill the bill and make a great rebuttal for the anticipated GT500. I don't think Chevy views Dodge as the competition.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #123
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
Just a thought?

From LSX magazine:

First, it disclosed that the 6.2-liter LT5 will be built through the year 2021—likely meaning that the ZR1 will be in production for the next four years. It also means that we most likely won’t see the C8 Corvette reveal itself for at least another year, at the earliest. And while those alone would be bombshells in and of themselves, the report held an even juicer bit of information.

The report made mention of both a 4.2- and 5.5-liter dual overhead cam V8. Yes, that’s right. Two new twin-cam V8s could be on their way from the General and will likely motivate the next generation of America’s sports car. While normally we would take this information with a grain of salt, the swift reaction to the information’s revelation tells us that it was incredibly accurate.

It’s speculated that both V8s would use turbochargers to output as much, if not more than, the newly reveal LT5—though the report made no mention which form of aspiration either would employ. However, an additional thought could make this even more interesting. What if the upcoming mid-engine car is offered alongside the standard C7 and ZR1? This would allow Chevrolet to gauge the market for a mid-engined car without putting all of their eggs in one basket.
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #124
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The difference is that the 2014 Z/28 was on the horizon and a completely new car in 2016. The ZL1 was finished with the 12 introduction.

It seems obvious that another halo car is needed for the last years of gen6. A LT5 Camaro would fill the bill and make a great rebuttal for the anticipated GT500. I don't think Chevy views Dodge as the competition.
The ZL1 was a 2012 car, so that isn’t much of an excuse. It’s pretty clear that Camaro is allowed to operate in a little box. The fact that the team can achieve what they do is impressive.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #125
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
The ZL1 was a 2012 car, so that isn’t much of an excuse. It’s pretty clear that Camaro is allowed to operate in a little box. The fact that the team can achieve what they do is impressive.
That box keeps getting bigger...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #126
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
That box keeps getting bigger...
I hope so.