Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #43
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I think that video is about as real as the Jeff Gordon video where he takes the car salesman (or whatever) for a ride.

The instructor looks way too goofy to be real and the driver looks way too comfortable to actually suck.

Edit: Ha! Now that I sort of read the thread I see where I was right about the instructor.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #44
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Plus... there is driving fast, assertive and determined but also safely. This vid reveals driving dangerously and recklessly with no discipline.

Folks who have regularly HPDE'd would understand the difference... those who have not, well... enough said.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #45
8cd

Drives: '05 WRX STi 444AWHP 430AWTQ 3280lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
No, it's a bunch of rich guys that go out and put around a track and be very careful because of the fact the cars they are driving aren't replaceable. That's not racing. The guys that drove those very cars back in the day were the real men and they weren't worried about smashing them up. Sorry but there are too many prudes these days for my liking in the car world. I comment this gentleman for enjoying his car as intended. If he was such a danger then why didn't the instructor pull him in earlier? Why wasn't the supposed professional Porsche driver kicked off too? He should have know better, but he was driving the same way. If you are going to mess with speed you could die. That's why you sign your life away when you do these events.
Open lapping and HPDE days aren't racing events.
8cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #46
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The drivers style reminds me of a teen playing GT on playstation. Mash the accelerator pedal and steer. Being a newbe on a track with such a powerful car should have scared him but he seemed unaware that the computer was reeling him in

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #47
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I have no problem with that. That's why you buy these cars. Only thing I would have done is to stop first look at the instructor and say "get out". After all your on a race track. You must win. Lol
I agree that if you buy a Z06 you should track it at least once, but you sure as hell shouldn't LEARN on a Z06. Learn about driving lines in a Honda or something before you graduate to a supercar. There's a reason why lots of professional racers learned on go-karts.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #48
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
That dude was white knuckled the entire time, needs to take a Xanax next time he attends and HPDE.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:29 AM   #49
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd View Post
Open lapping and HPDE days aren't racing events.
Yeah, true. I liked the part where he said race drivers don't care about smashing up a car. He obviously has never, ever raced anything. I know what it's like to stand tall before the man and explain why the car they entrusted me with not only didn't finish, but needed $40K in repairs. It ain't fun and it CAN end a career. Luckily for me, my big one was a mechanical failure.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #50
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
This is Speed Ventures' feedback on the incident that occurred at their event:
"We are well aware of the video. We do have a zero tolerance policy for drivers like this. It is completely unacceptable.
1. The driver was sent home after that session.
2. The instructor was not an SV instructor - he is a friend of the driver who in fact has less experience on track than the driver himself."
The latter part of their second statement is just pure wow!
How did they ever get on Track. Novice Driver's need a Qualified Instructor!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote