Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #267
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Are you unaware that their name is Lund Racing? That they do this as a business? Their entire video is quite good but, after watching a minute of intro, go to 21:30 and see how they ran. Very methodical approach on a track rental?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlifLi...j243e5w03c010c

A stock ZL1 owner driven on Sunday with stock tires isn't in this league.
I think you are giving far too much credit on the ability for any tuner shop to run faster times than you or I on a lightly modded vehicle. Will they run faster than the average Joe that just purchased their vehicle? More than likely, yes. Will they run faster than the average Joe that runs down the strip a few dozen times? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I'm will to bet almost all of these shops have drivers with a competitive license. Some average Joe like me isn't going to run an 11.3 with that Lund car (or a ZL1)
Fair enough...I can go with that. It's more than likely someone on their staff has a competition license. Were not talking about 9 second cars though. These are mostly stock vehicles with the stock transmission and converter.

As for an average Joe...I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. With a drag radial and what appears to be a phenomenal setup auto transmission....those times in good air (in my opinion) are not going to be difficult to attain. Notice that they weren't peddling off the line struggling for traction. Hell, they cut equal 60' times with the stock tire as they did the drag radials on the stock tune.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #268
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Apparently, you don't care about hard proof. A slightly modded MY18 GT stands at number 4 on your ZL1 fast list. Fast enough where a stock ZL1 better not be sleeping at the tree.

How have you overlooked Lunds 11.3 @ 124 mph tune/tire MY18GT? Or are you a firm believer that it didn't actually happen?
Again. Let's start with a tuned car by Lund. On a prepped track/closed just for his runs, with driver mod. And tire mod. Nobody has ever disclaimed his run. But, for the whole Mustang community to take that one pass, then declare Zl1, Z06, and GTR owners to watch out is something comical at best. Lunds run, was a Superman/Hero run in ideal air with ideal conditions and even he has admitted that. His 12.20 was great. He gets a golf clap. But quit for the love of god telling us that we need to watch out for a GT. smh. I mean, for real. Just stop it. You guys did this shit with the last model year GT. Claiming it would stomp a Z06's ass. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it didn't.

Again, he's modded. So, let's back track a taste and say a stock GT will run at best a 12.5. At best, in ideal air. So, you have at a 12.5 compared to a 10.9 on average run for the Lt4, whether it a Zl1 or Z06. That's a 6 to 7 car gap considering 1 sec = 4 car lengths in the quarter.

You guys have taken this ONE run and claimed the GT as the holy grail and honestly, the GTR and Vette guys are fkn laughing their asses off just waiting for a GT to line them up. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting too. Can't wait for an '18 GT to come rolling up next to me. I'm gonna freight train his ass.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #269
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Being a good drive does not make one a professional.
Again with the ignorant act. It damn sure can put you on the same level as a pro. But you know what he meant anyway.

Quote:
I think if you go back, you'll noticed I never claimed all E85 tune/tire combos will be competitive. Only that given the current data, Lunds E85 tune/tire combo does appear to be competitive to what the average ZL1 runs.
Actually, this is what you said...
Quote:
Absolutely. There is not much to tell. Given the only data that we currently have, a Lund tune/tire combo appears to be competitive to a stock ZL1. This is nothing new.

Do you believe otherwise?
You didn't say LUND'S car...you said A Lund tune/tire combo...as in if someone bought an 18 GT and put the Lund tune with the tire then that GT will hang with stock ZL1s.
Quote:
I think you are giving far too much credit on the ability for any tuner shop to run faster times than you or I on a lightly modded vehicle. Will they run faster than the average Joe that just purchased their vehicle? More than likely, yes. Will they run faster than the average Joe that runs down the strip a few dozen times? I think not.
What would be the difference? If anything the shop would have the advantage. They would have unlimited funds and resources. Most of them have large areas where they can continuously test different combinations and tunes. or they have access to tracks and private roads etc. Some of them even have their own tracks. If anything, a pro shop would be able to get more out of any car than an average Joe. But that wouldn't fit your argument since you're trying to suggest that the GT is faster than it is.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #270
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok. So it takes an E85 tune and DRs just for the 2018 GT to be competitive against a stock SS.
Where do you get this stuff? Go on to youtube and view 2018 GT vs 2016/17 SS and you will see wins on both sides. It is a drivers race like it or not. Forget the unverified hero runs. There is no more 6th Gen advantage on the street or strip.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 12-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #271
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Again. Let's start with a tuned car by Lund. On a prepped track/closed just for his runs, with driver mod. And tire mod. Nobody has ever disclaimed his run. But, for the whole Mustang community to take that one pass, then declare Zl1, Z06, and GTR owners to watch out is something comical at best. Lunds run, was a Superman/Hero run in ideal air with ideal conditions and even he has admitted that. His 12.20 was great. He gets a golf clap. But quit for the love of god telling us that we need to watch out for a GT. smh. I mean, for real. Just stop it. You guys did this shit with the last model year GT. Claiming it would stomp a Z06's ass. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it didn't.

Again, he's modded. So, let's back track a taste and say a stock GT will run at best a 12.5. At best, in ideal air. So, you have at a 12.5 compared to a 10.9 on average run for the Lt4, whether it a Zl1 or Z06. That's a 6 to 7 car gap considering 1 sec = 4 car lengths in the quarter.

You guys have taken this ONE run and claimed the GT as the holy grail and honestly, the GTR and Vette guys are fkn laughing their asses off just waiting for a GT to line them up. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting too. Can't wait for an '18 GT to come rolling up next to me. I'm gonna freight train his ass.
I love the fact that they're all clinging to the Lund run when 2 other prominent shops could only get low 12s on DRs. Kinda makes the Lund run look a bit suspect. I mean, it's convenient that they happen to have this package for sale. They should call it the "11.3 package"...or the "ZL1/Z06 Killer" package. That way all the GT guys will think they have ZL1 performance in their GT with a tune and tire, lol!!
Old 12-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #272
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Where do you get this stuff? Go on to youtube and view 2018 GT vs 2016/17 SS and you will see wins on both sides. It is a drivers race like it or not. Forget the unverified hero runs. There is no more 6th Gen advantage on the street or strip.
Go back and follow the thread. This is all stuff SSFriendly has been saying. The fact that you're reacting this way to what he said all shows just how far off he is. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #273
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:

First, there have been 2 12.0 runs so far out of 3 from vendors. One from Lund and one from LMR. The third was done in south Florida under lesser conditions (Lethal). And even that third lesser one ran a 12.2. And now you are saying a stock GT will run no better than a 12.5 in ideal are? What?

Second, no one....not one single person in here said a stock GT will run anywhere close to a ZL1 or Z06.

Where do you guys get this stuff?
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #274
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I love the fact that they're all clinging to the Lund run when 2 other prominent shops could only get low 12s on DRs. Kinda makes the Lund run look a bit suspect. I mean, it's convenient that they happen to have this package for sale. They should call it the "11.3 package"...or the "ZL1/Z06 Killer" package. That way all the GT guys will think they have ZL1 performance in their GT with a tune and tire, lol!!
And to be perfectly frank and from the video's I have seen. The GT, stock, is a drivers race vs a Camaro SS stock. There was a recent video posted, it was the best video out yet. They actually get a good run in up to about 140. It was a dead heat.

Having said that, to go from there, to Zl1, Z06, GTR slayer is just mind blowing to me honestly. The fact that they believe that crap is what is scary.

Look, I love the new redesign honestly. The front looks fresh. The rear spoiler finally gives the back end what it needs to complete it and the interior............finally, the interior looks good.

But, let's pump the brakes on the performance numbers. haha. The only track runs we've seen have been from tuners and mod shops. Not one joe blow has hit the track yet and ran anything under a 12.6 so. Stock everything.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #275
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Second, no one....not one single person in here said a stock GT will run anywhere close to a ZL1 or Z06.
This is the only legit thing you've said since you've been here.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #276
kttxz06

Quote:
First, there have been 2 12.0 runs so far out of 3 from vendors. One from Lund and one from LMR. The third was done in south Florida under lesser conditions (Lethal). And even that third lesser one ran a 12.2. And now you are saying a stock GT will run no better than a 12.5 in ideal are? What?

Where do you guys get this stuff?
Um, again. Hop on over to the ford fanboy forums and read the youtube comments. At least 100, if not 1000 comments proclaiming this GT as the second coming of Jesus Christ. Moving on.

One guy on Youtube posted his GT and told everyone to STFU and it was nowhere close to running a Zl1 or GTR or Z06. So, I give him kudos for going against the fanboyism going on in the Mustang crowd right now.

It's like me doing a tune/fuel/tire upgrade on my Zl1. Going to the track. Having Steve Fereday drive it for me. He posts a 10.2 quarter. I then get online, tell everyone I can run with McLaren 720's. Then, everyone starts believing the Zl1 can now run with the 720s. That is exactly what is going on with the new Mustang GT online right now. And it's like a snow ball. It gets worse and worse and worse. The lies get bigger and bigger and bigger, then everyone starts believing it. They see one run, then everyone thinks the GT is a 12.20 out the box and all they need is a tune and tire to run with Z06's. Now, you know why it looks silly.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #277
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
And to be perfectly frank and from the video's I have seen. The GT, stock, is a drivers race vs a Camaro SS stock. There was a recent video posted, it was the best video out yet. They actually get a good run in up to about 140. It was a dead heat.

Having said that, to go from there, to Zl1, Z06, GTR slayer is just mind blowing to me honestly. The fact that they believe that crap is what is scary.

Look, I love the new redesign honestly. The front looks fresh. The rear spoiler finally gives the back end what it needs to complete it and the interior............finally, the interior looks good.

But, let's pump the brakes on the performance numbers. haha. The only track runs we've seen have been from tuners and mod shops. Not one joe blow has hit the track yet and ran anything under a 12.6 so. Stock everything.
Stock VS stock they are absolutely a drivers race with a stock SS. No one is claiming otherwise.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #278
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

I was surprised that there are no 18 GTs listed on their fast list. Not even one waiting for the mods to put up. I was expecting to see them dominating the top 10 spots with runs below 12.1 like the SS list here. wtf?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #279
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I was surprised that there are no 18 GTs listed on their fast list. Not even one waiting for the mods to put up. I was expecting to see them dominating the top 10 spots with runs below 12.1 like the SS list here. wtf?
It is odd....it's actually difficult to find any new owners (besides vendors) running them down the 1/4 mile at all.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #280
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Um, again. Hop on over to the ford fanboy forums and read the youtube comments. At least 100, if not 1000 comments proclaiming this GT as the second coming of Jesus Christ. Moving on.

One guy on Youtube posted his GT and told everyone to STFU and it was nowhere close to running a Zl1 or GTR or Z06. So, I give him kudos for going against the fanboyism going on in the Mustang crowd right now.

It's like me doing a tune/fuel/tire upgrade on my Zl1. Going to the track. Having Steve Fereday drive it for me. He posts a 10.2 quarter. I then get online, tell everyone I can run with McLaren 720's. Then, everyone starts believing the Zl1 can now run with the 720s. That is exactly what is going on with the new Mustang GT online right now. And it's like a snow ball. It gets worse and worse and worse. The lies get bigger and bigger and bigger, then everyone starts believing it. They see one run, then everyone thinks the GT is a 12.20 out the box and all they need is a tune and tire to run with Z06's. Now, you know why it looks silly.
They think this nonsense because people like our little troll here go around saying that a tune and tire is all it takes to beat a ZL1. And then he (and others) further say that the tire doesn't do much and the tune doesn't either. So in effect they're thinking that a $35K GT can beat a ZL1. yet there are many of them that need a tire just to do a 12.2 and 12.3. But I say let them think what they want. When they come across one in the wild and get blown wide open...or when they go tot he track and can barely break low 12s they'll be all crying "But Lund said..." and "But LMR did..." and "But on the forums they all said...". It'll be funny when they get out here busting their driveshafts and snapping axles and voiding their warranties with tunes all to run 12s while the SS kicks their asses.

Closed Thread