Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Mancha87

Drives: 86 Camaro Iroc-z/87 Trans Am GTA
Potential 6th Gen Problems

Thought I would start this thread to start discussing what we all think could be some possible kinks that may need to be worked out when the 6th gen is finally released to the public sometime next yr.

It seems like the first model yr of any gen car has a plethora of problems from the get go for example the 5th gen camaro had/has:

1)Problems with paint. (was this ever fixed?)
2)Lack of options for the interior! (finally fixed in 2013)
3)No 1le or zl1 till 2012/2013
4)Fugly @ss steering wheel.(sorry 2010-2011 owners)
5)I hear alot of ppl complain about AFM & skip shift.
6)Feel free to complain about other things........(in the negative thoughts thread!)

Do you guys think the 6th gen will have a ton of problems from the word go or will GM of learned from the 5thgen. Seeing as how its an entirley new car with probably an entirly new team of designers will any of the knowledge gained from the 5th gen even be applied?

Right now I am at crossroads between ordering a 2015 1le the 15 is tempting since iI know its been perfected....or waiting for the redisigned smaller/lighter 2016 camaro that may have some issues that will not be worked out till a couple yrs later....

Anyways, just some thoughts I've had in my head for the last few wks....

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Mancha87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Dude, let's wait and see. It's too early right now.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
6th gen interior will be substantially better than the 5th gen's.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
Tpimike

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS RRM Convertible
Most of the things that you pointed out were thing that you actually didn't like. They were not actual problems with the car.
Tpimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancha87 View Post
Thought I would start this thread to start discussing what we all think could be some possible kinks that may need to be worked out when the 6th gen is finally released to the public sometime next yr.

It seems like the first model yr of any gen car has a plethora of problems from the get go for example the 5th gen camaro had/has:

6)Feel free to complain about other things........(in the negative thoughts thread!)

Do you guys think the 6th gen will have a ton of problems from the word go or will GM of learned from the 5thgen. Seeing as how its an entirley new car with probably an entirly new team of designers will any of the knowledge gained from the 5th gen even be applied?

Right now I am at crossroads between ordering a 2015 1le the 15 is tempting since iI know its been perfected....or waiting for the redisigned smaller/lighter 2016 camaro that may have some issues that will not be worked out till a couple yrs later....

My main concern... interior options, and steering wheel changed in 2012 not 2013 unless I'm mistaken.
I drive stick so no worry about the skipshift

I hate the hillstart brake assist for stick shifts! They need to add an option to turn it off... It steps on the brakes for three seconds on hills.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I've never judged my steering wheel as being ugly.... but as big as a Foothill Transit bus', I'll give you that, but it kinda grew on me
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Don't be so pessimistic.... Life is too short to worry about stuff that you can't control anyway...
Old 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpimike View Post
Most of the things that you pointed out were thing that you actually didn't like. They were not actual problems with the car.
Exactly....

Aside from the thin paint...these are not problems. Just "wants" that you didn't have available to you (and weren't even thinking about at that time)

The real problems, were things like the battery cable that could be a fire issue (one of, if not THE first issue discovered and recalled for the 2010 Camaro), the bolts coming loose from the spoiler and dropping into the trunk, the first convertible tops leaking.....things like that.

Yes, you can expect those kinds of issues, and yes EVERY new car regardless of manufacturer goes through those kinds of growing pains. GM learns about them, and adjusts on the fly throughout the year. Will you likely be "safer" from issues with a 2nd or 3rd year 6th generation car? Likely so. But will that stop most from buying a first year? No way.

Oh...and one more thing....I think the 10 and 11 steering wheel looks better! (just not as comfortable to use the buttons!)

Sorry, but this thread is a bit useless, and could really go anywhere if you want to talk about potential issues.

If instead you'd like to list what you WANT in the first year 6th gen, a thread already exists for that.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Exactly....

Aside from the thin paint...these are not problems. Just "wants" that you didn't have available to you (and weren't even thinking about at that time)

The real problems, were things like the battery cable that could be a fire issue (one of, if not THE first issue discovered and recalled for the 2010 Camaro), the bolts coming loose from the spoiler and dropping into the trunk, the first convertible tops leaking.....things like that.

Yes, you can expect those kinds of issues, and yes EVERY new car regardless of manufacturer goes through those kinds of growing pains. GM learns about them, and adjusts on the fly throughout the year. Will you likely be "safer" from issues with a 2nd or 3rd year 6th generation car? Likely so. But will that stop most from buying a first year? No way.

Oh...and one more thing....I think the 10 and 11 steering wheel looks better! (just not as comfortable to use the buttons!)

Sorry, but this thread is a bit useless, and could really go anywhere if you want to talk about potential issues.

If instead you'd like to list what you WANT in the first year 6th gen, a thread already exists for that.
My biggest concern is no ZL1 in model year 2016. I have an itch to scratch and not sure if I can wait until MY 2017..18 etc.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
My biggest concern is no ZL1 in model year 2016. I have an itch to scratch and not sure if I can wait until MY 2017..18 etc.
Even the Corvette doesn't bring out the big guns in the first model year. If we only have to wait till the 2017 Model year for a ZL1 that will be a great improvement. Convertible in the first model year would be awesome and the Stingray was able to pull that off.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
Mancha87

Drives: 86 Camaro Iroc-z/87 Trans Am GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Don't be so pessimistic.... Life is too short to worry about stuff that you can't control anyway...

Since I'm a prefectionist I would drive me insane if I bought a 16 & in two yrs the 18 is just wayyy better!

Unless the 16's design/drivetrain/interior simply blow me away, I will most likely just go for the 15 1le.

Also you guys are right those are not problems! lol

Just thing that I disliked, I stand corrected.

At the end of the day I just want the best product possible for the money I will be paying.

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Mancha87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpimike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Agree! And the interior is the Retro interior , which came. in the 60's camaro that the 5th Gen was Retro after! I see nothing wrong with the interior! The 60's and 50's interior was the best looking! You want the new modern boring interior!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #14
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Quote:

That is correct. In the negative thoughts.
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote