Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #43
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
No issues with heating the tires up with a clutch dump?

No wheel hop?

So sport mode, hold button until TC and SC is off. But you aren’t putting it in competition mode right?
That is Competition mode. Not to confused with ptm.

Competition mode = mode sport hold tc
Ptm = track mode tap tc twice to see tpm options
Competition mode is all nannies off only available from mode sport hold tc until competition mode flashes in display.

Last edited by pbsinternet1le; 03-15-2018 at 08:07 AM.
pbsinternet1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #44
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
No issues with heating the tires up with a clutch dump?

No wheel hop?

So sport mode, hold button until TC and SC is off. But you aren’t putting it in competition mode right?
tires will need to be heated up.. but I hate doing a burnout on street tires.. its pointless.. unless you have these stock tires.. they actually do better when it heated. I don't really clutch dump.. best way to explain it is just lifting your foot up LOL. honestly I haven't gotten it down 100% but I know I'm getting there.. the window for the clutch release without it bog like crazy is very small and it does take a lot of tries to get it down.

no I haven't had wheel hop issues yet.. has it happened before? yes, but as soon as I feel it I let the gas go.. I usually just roll through the line and try again.

no, I tired doing PTM a few times but I couldn't really understand the car.. I feel like throttle response is a bit late and it kicks in harder later on. i only use it when i use launch control.. which I'm not a fan of still.. i remember seeing the traction icon on my PDR the whole time doing down the strip in this mode.

i still prefer Sport mode and hold TC to turn off everything. also NLS is pretty nice but i wish we can control at what RPM it shoot to.. i know with the 1LE is 5k and with SS is like 6200 or something like that.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #45
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post

Competition mode is all nannies off only available from mode sport hold tc until competition mode flashes in display.
haha i assumed he meant PTM settings. but doesn't the car go into competition mode if you hit the TC button twice and if you hold it for 7 sec just turns everything off? (TC and stability)
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #46
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
haha i assumed he meant PTM settings. but doesn't the car go into competition mode if you hit the TC button twice and if you hold it for 7 sec just turns everything off? (TC and stability)
Comp mode turns tc off retains stabilitrak my bad..
Old 03-16-2018, 11:16 PM   #47
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
god all these modes and i only had my car for 3 days. not even gone though one full tank of gas and yet all this is confusing me already. man o man
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #48
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post

I was asking if that was the setting you used...I’m well aware you can’t even access PTM in sport mode. ;-)
Old 03-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #49
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Just watched this video. Go to 7:00 in video and listen to what he has to say BMR told him.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #50
Th3Beast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Printman View Post
Just watched this video. Go to 7:00 in video and listen to what he has to say BMR told him.
The moment he said the springs helped with understeer... I checked out. 1LE = Understeer
Old 03-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #51
Printman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Beast View Post
The moment he said the springs helped with understeer... I checked out. 1LE = Understeer
I think BMR was referring to the regular ss not the 1LE when he was citing what they told him. I agree the 1LE has no real understeer problems it is a very balanced car going into a curve but might have a little understeer if you don't let off and tap the brake to let the nose dive a little going in, if you do that the front grips like gorilla glue and sends you in the direction your tires are pointing.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #52
Printman

Quote:
I agree the 1LE has no real understeer problems it is a very balanced car going into a curve but might have a little understeer if you don't let off and tap the brake to let the nose dive a little going in, if you do that the front grips like gorilla glue.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #53
Th3Beast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Printman View Post
I agree the 1LE has no real understeer problems it is a very balanced car going into a curve but might have a little understeer if you don't let off and tap the brake to let the nose dive a little going in, if you do that the front grips like gorilla glue.
That's called going into a corner too hot. If you do that in an F1 car, you will understeer. I've my tracked my car numerous times and I've never experienced anything but neutral handling on entry, mid-corner, and applying power out of the exit. Even on the street when I've taken huge long sweeping on/off-ramps, when I would feel like the car was at the limit and wanted to push... I just added a few more degrees of steering and it just kept on gripping. Unbelievable limits.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #54
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
So I had the track alignment done on my car and my rear toe was out of spec. The front was outta spec as well but that has nothing to do with wheel hop.

So far the car hooks way better and the wheel hop is gone when it doesnt hook, even in low 40 degree weather.

May want to consider an alignment if you have issues. Been reading a lot on alignment and most are finding the toe to be off from the factory. If it doesnt resolve wheel hop at best it should extend the life of your tires.

I had roughly 1150 miles when I got an alignment.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #55
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
god all these modes and i only had my car for 3 days. not even gone though one full tank of gas and yet all this is confusing me already. man o man
See first page of this thread. It is actually quite simple. Unfortunately the manual isnt.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496996
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #56
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
That's called going into a corner too hot. If you do that in an F1 car, you will understeer. I've my tracked my car numerous times and I've never experienced anything but neutral handling on entry, mid-corner, and applying power out of the exit. Even on the street when I've taken huge long sweeping on/off-ramps, when I would feel like the car was at the limit and wanted to push... I just added a few more degrees of steering and it just kept on gripping. Unbelievable limits.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote