Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 12-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #309
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I question the authenticity of this. Ford keeps things tight-lipped and I'm sure nobody who would be in the know would blatantly post a pic like this with their hand in it. This could be pics of anything. But if Ford does release a GT500 and if it comes with performance, options, and at a price comparable to the ZL1 then I for one would be first in line. I think they'll have to give it 700 hp, handling on par with the GT350R, bring in an automatic option (A8 at least, A10 maybe), throw an excellent tire and some killer brakes on it, and keep it at around $70K...maybe $75K. It'll have to do low 11s at the very least in the quarter. I don't think they will be able to do all this but we'll see. If they do then I think we'll have a good matchup. And if they can somehow prevent markups then I'll be one of the first people in line.
I don’t think this leak is fake. The 5.2 Voodoo was talked about well before it’s reveal, even being FPC. Pictures of the GT350 badges showed up months before it was revealed.

Either these pics were released by Ford as a teaser or someone took pictures of a development mule.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #310
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I don’t think this leak is fake. The 5.2 Voodoo was talked about well before it’s reveal, even being FPC. Pictures of the GT350 badges showed up months before it was revealed.

Either these pics were released by Ford as a teaser or someone took pictures of a development mule.
Exactly! No way could the supercharger be “fake” you cant make that in your garage or basement. And ford’s stuff gets leaked all the time. 18 mustang was leaked then ford was forced to unveil it early and the bullit was just leaked acouple of days ago as well. Now weither the leaks were intended leaks or actual leaks we wont know. But that supercharger and brake setup doesnt look fake or photoshopped to me
Old 12-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #311
2Bowties

Quote:
I question the authenticity of this. Ford keeps things tight-lipped and I'm sure nobody who would be in the know would blatantly post a pic like this with their hand in it. This could be pics of anything. But if Ford does release a GT500 and if it comes with performance, options, and at a price comparable to the ZL1 then I for one would be first in line. I think they'll have to give it 700 hp, handling on par with the GT350R, bring in an automatic option (A8 at least, A10 maybe), throw an excellent tire and some killer brakes on it, and keep it at around $70K...maybe $75K. It'll have to do low 11s at the very least in the quarter. I don't think they will be able to do all this but we'll see. If they do then I think we'll have a good matchup. And if they can somehow prevent markups then I'll be one of the first people in line.
I dont think it will be a problem. The price might be higher but performance will be great probally even better then the zl1. Hell the 350r was only .3 seconds slower than the zl1 on the track in the motortrend h2h and its NA
Old 12-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #312
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
I dont think it will be a problem. The price might be higher but performance will be great probally even better then the zl1. Hell the 350r was only .3 seconds slower than the zl1 on the track in the motortrend h2h and its NA
Highly doubtful.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
Old 12-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #313
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
Highly doubtful.
Obviously, 2Bowties is a huge Chevy fan.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #314
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
I dont think it will be a problem. The price might be higher but performance will be great probally even better then the zl1. Hell the 350r was only .39
seconds slower than the zl1 on the track in the motortrend h2h and its NA
Fixed it for you. People need to learn math. .39 doesn’t round down to .3
Old 12-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #315
2Bowties

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Obviously, 2Bowties is a huge Chevy fan.
No i am, but i like all cars and respect a performer when i see one. With out the mustang or the challenger the camaro wouldnt be as good as it is. Its good to have competition, it keeps every company on there toes.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #316
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

Quote:
Exactly! No way could the supercharger be “fake” you cant make that in your garage or basement. And ford’s stuff gets leaked all the time. 18 mustang was leaked then ford was forced to unveil it early and the bullit was just leaked acouple of days ago as well. Now weither the leaks were intended leaks or actual leaks we wont know. But that supercharger and brake setup doesnt look fake or photoshopped to me

I didn't say it was "fake". I just doubt that it is an actual engine and brake pic for an upcoming GT500. Look at those two wires just hanging out on the left side of the pic. That looks nothing like something you'd see come out of the factory. I'm not one to just believe a photo with a description. If anything it looks aftermarket.
Quote:
No i am, but i like all cars and respect a performer when i see one. With out the mustang or the challenger the camaro wouldnt be as good as it is. Its good to have competition, it keeps every company on there toes.
I disagree. I think Chevy would still be awesome even if there was no Mustang. Just because the Mustang is present doesn't automatically mean that it's existence is necessary for the Camaro to survive and continually improve.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #317
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
If that 500 comes out, I'm in on that bad boy.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #318
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
If that 500 comes out, I'm in on that bad boy.
Me too. For sure. I'd park it to the right of the ZL1! That would give the Mustang fanboys over on M6G a real stroke. LOL!! Although I doubt those pics are the real deal, I do think Ford MIGHT bring out a GT500 late in the game for the S550. And I do think it'll at least give the ZL1 a run for it's money in a straight line. In the corners tho I think the ZL1 1LE will out-match it.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #319
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Me too. For sure. I'd park it to the right of the ZL1! That would give the Mustang fanboys over on M6G a real stroke. LOL!! Although I doubt those pics are the real deal, I do think Ford MIGHT bring out a GT500 late in the game for the S550. And I do think it'll at least give the ZL1 a run for it's money in a straight line. In the corners tho I think the ZL1 1LE will out-match it.
Who knows what to believe anymore, but if they treat the 500 like they do the Super Snake, I'm not playing ball. I wanted a Snake so bad before I pulled the trigger on the Zl1, but I couldn't get a '17 for under $100k and was like, forget it. I might as well get another GTR. Anyhow, love my Zl1. Glad I bought it.

I think the 500 will smash the Zl1 in a straight line. Just my feeling on this. I have no proof. But I can see them doing a 700 hp beast. They need tire, but I can see it being a high 10 second car. The coyote motor unfortunately for us, pulls harder up top. Then, you get into tuning and more mods, watch out. It will be a monster. But like someone said, no matter what they come out with, the ZR1 will slaughter it and have the last laugh on everyone.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #320
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Who knows what to believe anymore, but if they treat the 500 like they do the Super Snake, I'm not playing ball. I wanted a Snake so bad before I pulled the trigger on the Zl1, but I couldn't get a '17 for under $100k and was like, forget it. I might as well get another GTR. Anyhow, love my Zl1. Glad I bought it.

I think the 500 will smash the Zl1 in a straight line. Just my feeling on this. I have no proof. But I can see them doing a 700 hp beast. They need tire, but I can see it being a high 10 second car. The coyote motor unfortunately for us, pulls harder up top. Then, you get into tuning and more mods, watch out. It will be a monster. But like someone said, no matter what they come out with, the ZR1 will slaughter it and have the last laugh on everyone.
They better give it the A10 option if they wanna put that power to the ground. The 13-14 GT500 did high 11s and it was only available with the manual trans. Compare that to the heavier lower HP ZL1 with A10 doing 11.4. They need to either do the A10 trans, some other auto trans, or give it a really good tire and suspension setup.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:20 AM   #321
2Bowties

Quote:
They better give it the A10 option if they wanna put that power to the ground. The 13-14 GT500 did high 11s and it was only available with the manual trans. Compare that to the heavier lower HP ZL1 with A10 doing 11.4. They need to either do the A10 trans, some other auto trans, or give it a really good tire and suspension setup.
Speaking of a10... why isnt it offered in the new zr1. I dont understand that move
Old 12-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #322
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Speaking of a10... why isnt it offered in the new zr1. I dont understand that move
It doesn’t fit the C7 chassis.

Closed Thread