Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #295
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
My buddys a diehard mustang guy , he has a 16 gtpp (dont ask why were friends) lol. But he just sent be these photos, i guess its spy shots of the new gt500 or cobra or whatever they call it haha.
I question the authenticity of this. Ford keeps things tight-lipped and I'm sure nobody who would be in the know would blatantly post a pic like this with their hand in it. This could be pics of anything. But if Ford does release a GT500 and if it comes with performance, options, and at a price comparable to the ZL1 then I for one would be first in line. I think they'll have to give it 700 hp, handling on par with the GT350R, bring in an automatic option (A8 at least, A10 maybe), throw an excellent tire and some killer brakes on it, and keep it at around $70K...maybe $75K. It'll have to do low 11s at the very least in the quarter. I don't think they will be able to do all this but we'll see. If they do then I think we'll have a good matchup. And if they can somehow prevent markups then I'll be one of the first people in line.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #296
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Now the Bullitt is supposed to be coming out, lol!! So I guess the 6th gen Camaro SS will now be whupping up on a debadged de-winged GT with a BULLITT stamp on it's ass that costs more than the GT with badges and spoiler! HAHA!! What I find funny is that these Mustang guys aren't even really cheering on Ford. They're cheering on Lund and other aftermarket companies who had to come in to make the GT competitive. I mean, 12.3 on DRs?? LOL!! Like we all know, the GT needs aftermarket support to keep up. The H2H should be funny. And it should be even funnier when these guys buy GTs and then go purchasing these packages and none of them duplicate the hero runs we're seeing. Nice payday for the aftermarket tho.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #297
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Not sure how they can control the greed of dealers. Maybe pull those dealers ability to sell HiPo vehicles, but that will be 100% reactionary to those adding AMV's/ADM's.

FCA tried to do this with dealers selling Demons but the dealers found a loophole via online sales of "reservations" for the purchase of the aforementioned sales. This way the dealer sells the vehicles for MSRP or less and still get to pocket all the reserve payments.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #298
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Now the Bullitt is supposed to be coming out, lol!! So I guess the 6th gen Camaro SS will now be whupping up on a debadged de-winged GT with a BULLITT stamp on it's ass that costs more than the GT with badges and spoiler! HAHA!! What I find funny is that these Mustang guys aren't even really cheering on Ford. They're cheering on Lund and other aftermarket companies who had to come in to make the GT competitive. I mean, 12.3 on DRs?? LOL!! Like we all know, the GT needs aftermarket support to keep up. The H2H should be funny. And it should be even funnier when these guys buy GTs and then go purchasing these packages and none of them duplicate the hero runs we're seeing. Nice payday for the aftermarket tho.

How about 12:20s with a base GT on 235 series tires.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 12-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #299
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
How about 12:20s with a base GT on 235 series tires.
Why are they doing a burnout on the stock street tires before the run? Can SSFriendly answer that? LOL!!

I think some of them will get those times. But most of them will be far off. And they still can't break 11s. LOL!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #300
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
For the mustang fanboys who are ignorant and don’t know the Camaro is doing the same with mods as the GT. Seen them discussing the Lund car talking erroneously about the SS. They also wanted input from some stupid Camaro people so I’ll oblige

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515782

7.3 1/8 Mile slip. 1500 higher DA than the lund car and less mods. And a loaded 2SS full weight. Just E85 and a DR on 20 inch wheels. No drag pack no air filter pull. Seats aren’t removed. Just a tuned car on a 20 inch radial. The axleback he has is heavier than stock and adds no power.

So sorry even mod for mod not running away from the Camaro. It gains the same 30-40 rwhp from E85 like the mustang
Old 12-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #301
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Why are they doing a burnout on the stock street tires before the run? Can SSFriendly answer that? LOL!!

I think some of them will get those times. But most of them will be far off. And they still can't break 11s. LOL!
Well a slight burnout is a good idea, even on stock tires like that, just to clear off any sand, gravel, twigs, etc that may be stuck on them. The first burnout is stupidity and gained nothing. The second one they showed, with the significantly smaller smoke amount, is closer to what you would see on spinning the tires long enough to clean them off and get a little heat in them.

But mostly it just looked like showmanship.."why I'm drag racing so I gotta BURN OUT"
Old 12-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #302
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Not sure how they can control the greed of dealers. Maybe pull those dealers ability to sell HiPo vehicles, but that will be 100% reactionary to those adding AMV's/ADM's.

FCA tried to do this with dealers selling Demons but the dealers found a loophole via online sales of "reservations" for the purchase of the aforementioned sales. This way the dealer sells the vehicles for MSRP or less and still get to pocket all the reserve payments.
Supply

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #303
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Supply
I seem to recall this topic was brought up in debating the ZL1/ZL1-1LE/Hellcat/etc and someone said there was a hitch in franchising laws/agreements that prevented this.

I could be wrong.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #304
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I question the authenticity of this. Ford keeps things tight-lipped and I'm sure nobody who would be in the know would blatantly post a pic like this with their hand in it. This could be pics of anything. But if Ford does release a GT500 and if it comes with performance, options, and at a price comparable to the ZL1 then I for one would be first in line. I think they'll have to give it 700 hp, handling on par with the GT350R, bring in an automatic option (A8 at least, A10 maybe), throw an excellent tire and some killer brakes on it, and keep it at around $70K...maybe $75K. It'll have to do low 11s at the very least in the quarter. I don't think they will be able to do all this but we'll see. If they do then I think we'll have a good matchup. And if they can somehow prevent markups then I'll be one of the first people in line.
I question that photo as well. I believe the new 500 will have a FI 5.2 but probably with a cross plane crank. I don't think I would trust the flat plane in a high hp application.

ADM will be 30k+ probably and I'd rather have a ton of other cars at that price point. It will probably be faster than the ZL1 in the quarter. The ZL1 1LE will be tough to beat. Unless there is a 500 and 500R version.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #305
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I seem to recall this topic was brought up in debating the ZL1/ZL1-1LE/Hellcat/etc and someone said there was a hitch in franchising laws/agreements that prevented this.

I could be wrong.
If production is limited, dealers can mark them up. Build enough to satisfy demand an the opportunity to charge a ADM is gone. The ZL1 (both gens) and Z/28 prove that.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #306
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
If production is limited, dealers can mark them up. Build enough to satisfy demand an the opportunity to charge a ADM is gone. The ZL1 (both gens) and Z/28 prove that.
Oh I thought you meant denying supply to ADM-ing dealers...

You'll always have dealers that charge ADM. When the 5th Gen's first came out a few of my local dealers put ADM's on every Camaro...V6 or SS...it didn't matter.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #307
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I question that photo as well. I believe the new 500 will have a FI 5.2 but probably with a cross plane crank. I don't think I would trust the flat plane in a high hp application.

ADM will be 30k+ probably and I'd rather have a ton of other cars at that price point. It will probably be faster than the ZL1 in the quarter. The ZL1 1LE will be tough to beat. Unless there is a 500 and 500R version.
It'll more than likely be a street production version of the 5.2 CPC that the Mustang GT4 has been using.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #308
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Oh I thought you meant denying supply to ADM-ing dealers...

You'll always have dealers that charge ADM. When the 5th Gen's first came out a few of my local dealers put ADM's on every Camaro...V6 or SS...it didn't matter.
Gotcha.

There will always be guys willing to overpay to have the first. Then the prices settle down once supply takes over.

Ronald Reagan -

Closed Thread