Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #113
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
That's silly. Your v6 wouldn't exist without a V8 either. It would have just been a Monsa.
It just goes to show that the "V6's don't belong in a Camaro" guys are stupid.

Obviously, the two wouldn't exist without each other. That's not the point. You don't hear any V6 owners saying the V8's don't belong do you?

Let's try to keep things in context here.

Watching these threads to into all out bashes is sooo fun. I'll just sit back and watch. This is getting good.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #114

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
It just goes to show that the "V6's don't belong in a Camaro" guys are stupid.

Obviously, the two wouldn't exist without each other. That's not the point. You don't hear any V6 owners saying the V8's don't belong do you?

Let's try to keep things in context here.

Watching these threads to into all out bashes is sooo fun. I'll just sit back and watch. This is getting good.
Don't think anyone is bashing the v6...Quite the contrary...Keep the V-6, upgrade it, whatever...The Camaro doesn't need a smaller/"entry-level" I-4....The V-6 already serves that purpose and offers more than any I-4 does...

....Sinking good money into a "smaller" engine takes away funds and technology research, whatever that could go into improving v-6s and v8s..

If the Camaro had no other option than the v-8, sure sales would suffer and the need for a less expensive option would be needed to keep the car afloat...But that is not the case...The v-6 has done just fine for several years already...

I sort of see more v-6ers cheerleading for an I-4 just so they can rub an embarrassing engine in the face of v-8 owners...sad to see performance, horsepower, "muscle", if you will, going in the wrong direction...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #115
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Don't think anyone is bashing the v6...Quite the contrary...Keep the V-6, upgrade it, whatever...The Camaro doesn't need a smaller/"entry-level" I-4....The V-6 already serves that purpose and offers more than any I-4 does...

....Sinking good money into a "smaller" engine takes away funds and technology research, whatever that could go into improving v-6s and v8s..

If the Camaro had no other option than the v-8, sure sales would suffer and the need for a less expensive option would be needed to keep the car afloat...But that is not the case...The v-6 has done just fine for several years already...

I sort of see more v-6ers cheerleading for an I-4 just so they can rub an embarrassing engine in the face of v-8 owners...sad to see performance, horsepower, "muscle", if you will, going in the wrong direction...
Yeah I see your point but I'm not one of your cheerleaders lmao.

I understand that the market and regulations are changing and a 4-cyl. Camaro may very well be in our future. I agree with you on the whole 'use the money on improving what you already have' deal. The CAFE standards are a crock though. Carbureted engines have been getting 40+ MPG for decades and suddenly it's a problem to get an electric car over that. Then you have the VW Rabbit Diesel which easily saw 55+.

I would much rather see future Camaros have no less than 6 cylinders but if they decide to drop a '4' in one I'll just not buy it and continue my life as normal
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #116
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Because a 2 cylinder Camaro would just be silly.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #117
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Chevy HAD a four cylinder Camaro in the 70's. They just called it the "Vega" I had one for about six months. It was a bad idea then. It's a bad idea now.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #118
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....wake up and smell the GOV. The shit is gettin' real as in a not to distant past phrase suggests..., look I want 8's forever, truth is it ain't happen', the modern DI motors... 4 or 6's, with forced induction will take over, not my decision. There will be the next Gen 5 8 cyl family, but at a premium,... sorry, but even though the climate is beyond turning around, the GOV will do it's best to further complicate our issues and pass the price down to the consumer. Welcome to the 21st century.
The only thing that appears to be beyond hope of turning around is the successful science defying brainwashing that has otherwise perfectly intelligent people worshipping at the altar of "climate".

It's so bad nowadays that people freely give up their freedoms to coporatists in the GOV getting rich off this claptrap while accumulating power from stolen liberty.

All the while the clapping seal reporters^h^h^h^h^h^h repeaters churn out propaganda that blinds many people to the facts until it is too late.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #119
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Folks, as they say, it's baked in the cake..the new motors are going to rock, it's the change over factor that have the most vocal indualvistalic opponists concered about change....accept, not fear it..., why the worry?
Because if you let the government decide what kind of car you can drive, who knows what will happen next? One day you may wake up in a country where the government tells you what kind of milk you can drink, what kind of lightbulbs you can buy, what kind of toilet you can install, and what kind of guns you can own. OOPS! TOO LATE!

We have to draw the line before these things happen, otherwise it will snowball. How would you like to live in a world where you are told what job you will have and what state you must live in.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #120
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point we will be discussing how we can't drive our perforamnce cars when gas is $10 per gallon. Look at the projections for the Chinese auto market lately? 30 million units by early next decade. India? Just barely getting an automobile market. Statistics show that well over half of the buyers in China and India are first time buyers. That is telling. And they will all want oil.

2nd FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point this conversation will be had about eliminating gasoline or diesel and only having electric propulsion (EVs and Fuel Cells are coming). And EVs can be pretty fun to drive as well.
And they accuse me of being all "Doom" and "Gloom"?

If all that is true, then pretty much mothing we are being forced to do now regarding CAFE and such actually amounts to ANYTHING. All the oil is going to eventually get used up by china, and they will use it up in the most polluting possible ways.

The way I see your scanario is that we're now forcing people to pay tons of money on super efficient cars so that we can preserve the fuel supply so that our enemies can have it when they begin expanding.

So we intentionally hobble ourselves for nothing.

In that light, not only is CAFE illegal as I have been saying, but it's also incredibly useless and therefore is utter STUPIDITY.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #121
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Used and refurbished. We did it in the late 70's & early 80's. History doesn't repeat, but it can rhyme.
They learned their lesson last time.

This time they took YOUR tax dollars and GAVE them to people in exchange for their perfectly good used cars so they could GRIND THEM UP, so you won't be able to find one when you are shopping for one in the future to get aroud this CAFE crap.

Cash for Knuckleheads.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #122

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Chevy HAD a four cylinder Camaro in the 70's. They just called it the "Vega" I had one for about six months. It was a bad idea then. It's a bad idea now.
Holy crap!...I think you found the Gen6 body-style!...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #123
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Wow!!! Sure hope you didn't hurt yourself jumping to all of those conclusions there.

Love the LS7. If you knew my life story you might begin to understand that.

Where did you get the hoping for a Prius Camaro? We do have a $1 Million dollar Porsche Hybrid though. Is that a bad thing?

The Camaro IS a coupe. LS and LT compete against other V6 coupes in the same price range. You are missing something if you don't understand the the coupe banner is carried by the Camaro. And if all you need in a stylish coupe is a V6 for some fun and reasonable economy, then the things that this website has b**ched about for 3 years now matter. Trunk space and lift over. High belt lines and poor visibilty. Poor sightlines out the back. And as many miles as I've put on Camaro's, I have yet to try to parallel park one.

You act as if there were no Berlinettas in the Camaros past. At it's heart it is a stylish and affordable coupe. SS, IROC and Z28 versions over the years have made for some awesome cars...............based on a stylish coupe.

Would GM be better off if the Camaro was THE coupe of choice? Stealing sales from Honda and Nissan? You better believe it.

I hope you able to see the train wreck of higher and higher gas prices coming at us. And I am curious as to what that solution is from your perspective. The only way to keep a V8 powered car in the Fleet is to have far more economical choices to choose from. And if stealing sales from Honda and Nissan on the 4 and 6 cyclinder cars gets the numbers high enough then there is more room for a V8 in the Average.

Also don't you think the Camaro would have been farrrrrrrr better off at launch with an interior and ergonomics similar to the Honda and Nissan coupes? Boy I sure do.
I was not jumping to conclusions and I don't know your background (why would I?) you said it needed to to be like a Honda or Nissan. We disagree sir. While I am NOT against V6's as a base trim, my feelings about the Essence of what a Camaro is does not include it being the same or similar to an accord or Altima or an EV which you also mentioned.

Like many on here you back up your statements by acting as if you didn't make them and the other person is crazy. I can't be the only Camaro enthusiast who doesn't want the Camaro to devolve into a Honda accord or an econo cruze.

Now explain to me how foolish I am for not wanting the Camaro to be just like every other boring middle of the road Honda, Nissan, or Toyota.

Go ahead and speak the praises of the Accord and 4 cylinder hybrid econo boxes. Tell us how the days of fire breathing muscle cars are thankfully over and
We should embrace mediocrity. The Camaro has never been mediocre, just another coupe for the masses. I believe it's special and one of Americas unique muscle cars. That why I'm on this site. They make Honda sites and Prius chat for people who really like them.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #124
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
The turbo 4 they're talking about is a step down from the current 6. Sorry, it's not a performer.
If the weight also comes down a step, actual acceleration performance might not be enough different to notice without a stopwatch. Other measures (not just fuel usage) could actually improve.

Never mind that people buying in at the lower power levels tend not to be all that interested in brutal acceleration anyway. The current V6 is more than many will ever use as it is. These people are the "some's good" in "some's good, more's better, and too much is just enough", and there really are a lot of them. Just not people like either you or me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If the rules were staying the same, that would be the intelligent thing to do.

Quote:
In different states of tune there is every reason to believe that the same engine would be made available in other platforms.

Quote:
I sort of see more v-6ers cheerleading for an I-4 just so they can rub an embarrassing engine in the face of v-8 owners...
I don't see that at all. What I do see is a few V8 cheerleaders expressing fear that any new 4-cylinder variant will be not the least bit better than models with the low-tech 4's of the fairly distant past, and that somehow the V8 versions will be adversely affected as a direct result. Kind of a glass-is-half-empty train of thought.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #125
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
the way i see it, it's better to have a choice than not.
it would be fine if they offered a 4 cyl. camaro and let the people buy the camaro with the engine type that they like
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #126
LIV4VETTES

Drives: 69 Camaro RS convertible
4 cyl

i guess when the 6.2 liter 4 cylinder is available i will have to take a look at it...
LIV4VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation