Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #57
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
New GM trucks have been plagued with first (and some second) year issues. New full size SUV's have been the same. New Corvettes the same again. New Camaro, built in a new plant=probably some issues.

Rationalize all you want to justify being first on the block, but the smart money will wait, pay less, and most likely get a better product.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #58
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post
Just the opposite.

First model year nowadays has the best interior.

They want to launch a nice car then slowly take money out of it. I've owned plenty of first year cars and just somethings you run into when you go look at later model years:
  • Dash padding is thinner
  • seat bottoms are shorter
  • seats have more cloth/vinyl and less leather
  • Places where there were screw and fastener covers are no longer there
Not calling you out or anything but I'd be sincerely interested to see examples/instances of these issues.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #59
Xxcapo

Drives: BMW 4 series
yeah its a vette engine and a caddy platform right?

ive bought a first run 2011 Mustang, and a 2014 BMW 4 series, both were fine, very minor issues. just drive it into the dealership and say ''fix it, wheres my rental?''
Xxcapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #60
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
My friend warned me not to buy my 2010 SS first year. I ignored him and bought an early 23xxx vin and I had tons of problems. Transmission was replaced, 2 oil leaks, loose starter, problems with window indexing, and notchy 3rd gear in the replacement trans. I wish I had listened to his advice!
Just the opposite with my early build SS (built 8/21/09). Trouble free
after 38,000 miles and 6 years. Wouldn't have changed a thing.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #61
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
and considering that GM says such a large percentage did not carry over from the 5th Gen, it sounds like the 6th Gen is a new car, with the potential for "new car" kinks that need to get worked out.

Is this going to be a factor into purchasing for anyone here?

Perhaps wait until the 2017s?
There's truth to this, and it's worth considering if you don't have to have it "right now".

My Boss 302 was a first day build, and while it was based on an existing model it had some build issues that had to be addressed that later cars never had. Of course, if you're like me, when you finally decide to buy a new car it's a spur of the moment thing, well then you take your chances.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:15 AM   #62
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I have an early production '10. The issues that came up were typical for a new car. This car was a completely new car, and had minor issues that were corrected quickly. My car had 3 QC holds prior to me receiving it.

I'm in the group that had a output shaft issue (Tremec problem not a GM problem), I had an oil pump issue that was common for the pump and has since been replaced. My oil cooler wasn't installed correctly (gasket was pinched), my GFX kit was shipped with two left brackets for the long side skirt, and I wouldn't give her up for anything.

I have beat the piss out of my car for the last 78k miles. I'm currently sitting at 900 hp with the same suspect TR6060 that it rolled out of Oshawa with and the stock bottom end. None of the issues were catastrophic, only slightly annoying. My biggest issue is my damn dash has a crack in it.

There is a special feeling you get driving a car that is brand new and demands attention like the 5th gen did. I'm not sure the 6th gen will have that pop, but it could. I'll never part with mine, even after all the "issues".

If you like the car, order it. It's a special feeling watching the progress. If you're lucky enough to get the 1-2nd one on the lot, it's even better watching everyone drool over your new car.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #63
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
I'm with the others. When does the waiting stop? Don't want to get a first year because of issues, so you wait a year or two. Then there's a mid cycle refresh and you wait a year or two to make sure those problems are worked out. Then you start hearing rumors about the next gen coming out in a couple of years and you wait. Then it all repeats.

Buy the car you want, when you want it (and can comfortably afford to own it and its upkeep), and for everything else..... that's what warranties and the Lemon Law are for!
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote