Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #15
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Might not want to clean it in case you decide to show it to the dealer. I always hate it when some thing is leaking and I clean it up then I want to take it to dealer, but there's nothing to show them because I cleaned it up.
Thanks - I thought of that and have done it before also . Try to get it over to the dealer in the next few weeks.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #16
thirdleft152

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS LS3 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Ok install complete, running good and sounds awesome. No idea how some of you install headers by yourself wow, thank goodness I had my son to help me.

Note to self..........when you disconnect the battery DO NOT close the trunk!!
LOL, i've done that myself...
Old 09-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #17
Tenring

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdleft152 View Post
LOL, i've done that myself...
I had to hook up the jumper cables to my Sons car and then used the remote to pop the trunk. Yep....was a
Old 09-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #18
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeD View Post
Which headers did you go with? I thought you had to tune with headers? If not, would love to get some on mine!
I had headers before I had the car. Installed them by myself the first weekend. Car run great without a tune. Only downside is CEL for O2 sensors till you get the tune. You wont get maximum power till tuned either but will notice a gain in power.

I had less than 1500 miles when I installed the headers.; Run great and got 23-25 mpg on stock tune. Installed cam and CAI at 10,000 miles and tuned. That's when it really woke up. Still get 23 mpg on long trips at 75 mph with bigger cam. It won't hurt anything to wait for the tune if you have other mods, do them first.

Last edited by CWI; 09-20-2015 at 11:10 AM.
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #19
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Ok install complete, running good and sounds awesome. No idea how some of you install headers by yourself wow, thank goodness I had my son to help me.

Note to self..........when you disconnect the battery DO NOT close the trunk!!
So are you happy with everything? Is this on an LS3 or L99? If L99 what are you doing about a tune or AFM? Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeD View Post
Which headers did you go with? I thought you had to tune with headers? If not, would love to get some on mine!
My esp is telling me Stainless Power. I guess you don't have to tune with headers but doesn't make any sense not to tune.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #20
Tenring

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
So are you happy with everything? Is this on an LS3 or L99? If L99 what are you doing about a tune or AFM? Just wondering.

My esp is telling me Stainless Power. I guess you don't have to tune with headers but doesn't make any sense not to tune.
You are correct, Stainless Power w/cats, I was going with Dynatech but just could not pass up the Stainless Works 10% off sale coupled with a 5% off distributor sale....delivered price was . My Corsa has the L99 resonator still installed and I will probably leave it there for the time being, hard to imagine how much louder it will be without it.

I am very happy, sounded like a rocket ship taking off in the garage this morning until it idled down! There is a noticeable increase in power, driving wifey to the store today and got a CEL, wonder what that could be lol......

I will start looking into a tuner after awhile and a few more miles of warranty. In fact sending you a PM.......

Thanks for the help and letting me know I have the newer electronic assist, had no idea they changed them.