Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #253
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Wish list for things to change on 6th generation Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
I doubt you've driven an M3 with a DCT transmission because I have driven a few myself and they drive exactly like what 'Sweet Z' has described. I've even driven the new M6 which has DCT and its the same story. DCT's are indeed automatic transmissions equipped with two clutches. Each attending to the alternate gears. The SMG gear box is the one that really can't be categorised as automatic, even though it too works on paddle shifter and shifter lever and no clutch pedal.

I think what you've driven is one of the M3's which was equipped with the SMG gear box, cuz that drove very much like what you initially were describing, basically like a proper manual transmission....just minus the clutch pedal.

Are you sure the M3 you drove had DCT? Because even the current outgoing M3 comes with DCT, but as an option....just needs you to throw in the bigger bucks...otherwise it comes standard with the old SMG or a stick shift!!
Nope 2011 M3 Frozen Gray Cabrio with a DCT

The setup of a DCT is also more similar to that of a manual than an automatic. They are not true automatics and they are not true manuals they are a combination (Semi-Automatic or Automated Manual). Also a Stick Shift is standard, they got rid of the SMG a while ago.

If you can show me that they do still offer the SMG though I'd like to see it because I can't find a single reference to it past 2008...

Last edited by The IOM Ninja; 01-28-2013 at 09:40 AM.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #254
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Guidelines were added, at least on my 12.

And the steering wheel is way better in the 12, wouldn't buy another car if it had the 2010 wheel.

They took them away (guidelines) on the 2013...
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #255
coreyspindlah11

Drives: 2011 Camaro Lt
LT1 motor.
less weight.
better interior.
better shift knob (stock one is horrible).
nicer seats.
better sounding exhaust (stock sounds like a honda)
closer gear ratio.
coreyspindlah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #256
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
AFM would kill the new Camaro for me.
-Heavy lifters,no low rpm sound,vibration and all that for just a couple mpg on the sticker...
I'd rather pay gas-guzzler tax because in the real world you put your foot into it to disable AFM,use more gas that a V-8 driven in low rpm and have the heavy valvetrain.
AFM is nothing than a gimmick and a bad idea with a push-rod valvetrain.
With ohc or dohc at least you don't have the penalties of a slower revving,heavier valvetrain because there is no need for 8 heavy AFM lifters...
No AFM with the V-8 !
Get a Cruze-Eco instead...
Not necessarily advocating for it......but it's no gimmick...truly saves gas, and is ingenious in its engineering.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they have it operate on the LT1 in the Corvette. They wouldn't put something sub-standard on the Corvette...that's why the C6 didn't have it. So it should be pretty good.

My hope, and since they offer an "off" button for the AFM on the Vette, is that it is truly seamless, and doesn't effect the sound at all (with clever exhaust tuning, of course.)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #257
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Not necessarily advocating for it......but it's no gimmick...truly saves gas, and is ingenious in its engineering.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they have it operate on the LT1 in the Corvette. They wouldn't put something sub-standard on the Corvette...that's why the C6 didn't have it. So it should be pretty good.

My hope, and since they offer an "off" button for the AFM on the Vette, is that it is truly seamless, and doesn't effect the sound at all (with clever exhaust tuning, of course.)
An on and off switch for AFM would be nice but I'm willing to bet it would get used more often than not. I know I would leave it on for the daily grind.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #258
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

My gas mileage in my L99 SS went up after disabling AFM...

Just saying...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #259
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I'd like to see the new camaro get some interior inspiration from the new corvette C7.
At the same time keeping the quad gauge pod at the bottom of the center stack, but
with a higher end appeal.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #260
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
I hope they come out with a twin turbo LFX V6 version, so we can geat a CARB legal boost! Nobody makes them, and there are a lot of V6's in CA.
Twin Turbo! Yes! With something to give the Nissan GTR goosebumps.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #261
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
Quite possible, because it's in development for Cadillac:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/04/...d-v6-the-3-6l/
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #262
Chevy_Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6A
Quote:
My opinion on AFM is that it is a useless gimmick just to comply with the new cafe of 35,5mpg.
GM just doesn't sell enough VOLTS...
I also don't think that there will be a off-button for AFM because otherwise they would get sued because of the certified mpg number.
So in the real world people will enjoy maybe a couple mpg better fuel economy but those people don't buy V-8 cars in first place but get real economic cars.
Guys like us will drive in a lower gear with higher rpm to defeat AFM to drive in V-8 mode for the sound or whatever and get worse mpg...
On top of that in pushrod motors AFM burdens the valvetrain with 8 heavier lifters...
Don't get me wrong I love better fuel economy but I am not a fan of AFM on a pushrod V-8 !I love low rpm V-8 sound and you can't get that with AFM...:(

Doesn't really bother me. I just use the Tapshift when I feel the need for a little more hooliganism! The AFM actually probably really helps this car get amazing mileage on the highway. I've had lots of times where on a 280km trip to the city I get all the way down to 10L/100km at 128km/h. That's amazing mileage for a 6.2litre engine. I can't complain! Just wish that the stock exhaust on the Automatic engine was more aggressive. It's pretty tame until you give it at least half gas
Chevy_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #263
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I would like to have revised; The drivers vision forward. One can't see past the pillar post's forward, making it near impossible to judge the nose clearance and distance. This is a gamble in parking situations with contacting parking barriers, or other low ground objects forward. The rear quarter windows and long sail panel are vision obstructions, but not as bad as the the front. The side view mirrors compensate for the rear vision discrepancy. The center console is very high. The console compartment door height is above the shifter horizontal plane of movement, causing elbow contact with the door. Cup holder is impractical due to proximity of the shifter, causes contact to anything in the holder when shifting. I would like to see standard HID Halo lights, phase out the mailbox slot, have a matching upper and lower grille pattern on all models. Redesign the bulky/awkward looking rear standard diffuser. Do not offer any heritage design wheels or caps, design everything fresh on a new clean sheet of paper for the C6 Camaro. Phase out the block script CAMARO emblem. Don't incorporate anything on the body's exterior such as slots, vents, scoops etc...that is not functional. Include in optional hi performance package racing seats and harnesses. That's a few more thoughts I have for now.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #264
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
Quite possible, because it's in development for Cadillac:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/04/...d-v6-the-3-6l/
I LIKE IT!

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #265
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Chevy_Man,I gather you have a new SS with a slushbox,tapshift.
You shift down and run higher rpm to defeat AFM,but this defeats the origional idea of running on 4 cylinders and saving gas.
I say if you want to save gas buy a 4 banger and if you want V-8 power and sound get a V-8 but leave the AFM off the menue.
I guess for people who don't care about low rpm V-8 sound,cruising around town,AFM is a great thing...
You want to know how much my 6-speed,LT-1 in my 2002 SS gets at 80mph/128km/h?Excactly 25mpg,which is pretty much 9,6 L/100Km...
At that without AFM,and low rpm V-8 sound...
You replaced your LS1 with an LT1?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #266
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
So in other words.... AWD

A Corvette ZR1 (purely talking straight line racing here, and of course a ZR1 can/will be faster than a GT-R) doesn't scare a GT-R let alone a Camaro ZL1. A Twin Turbo V6 isn't going to make a GT-R wet it's pants

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation